What are you thinking about right now?

Bulletins, Suggestions, and Non Transgender Topics

Re: What are you thinking about right now?

Postby Danette Celeste » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:59 pm

had a nap and supper

A good nap followed by good food always makes the world a bit brighter.

The behavior you describe is something I've experience all my life. Frustrating as hell, and very hard for me to not internalize and believe it happens because of some flaw in me.

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby Danette Celeste » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:34 am

Have I mentioned how much I hate writing proposals?

I'm a nurse! What the hell am I doing writing a technical proposal for a software development contract? Oh yeah, I'm the PM... Crap.

I've been outside my comfort zone for so long that I don't know where it is anymore.

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby dreamin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:07 am

Danette Celeste wrote:
had a nap and supper

A good nap followed by good food always makes the world a bit brighter.

The behavior you describe is something I've experience all my life. Frustrating as hell, and very hard for me to not internalize and believe it happens because of some flaw in me.

~ Liz

really sorry to hear that about the recurring pattern you experienced *hugs* ...i wonder now that you're the proper 'you' if you're sending out a purer vibe through which the cycle of shunning by others has waned (some?) :?:

if not, then it must be the social inadequacies of most folks nowadays to be upright human beings to others. seriously doesn't take much of an investment to at least acknowledge ppl with a modicum of cordiality

and you're right: nap + food FTW! :mrgreen: hope you're having a lovely start to the weekend girl c:
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:48 am

Hugs returned Dreamin'. I think sometimes I am ignored, but in reality it's probable others want to make a statement of a different slant upon a topic and have totally ignored me in between. I've probably done so myself, but out and out shunning is just not nice, I don't understand why people would do it.

I work day and nightshifts too, 12 hours at a time and more Danette, so I like a good nap. I'm strict with my food and like healthy stuff. There's a saying; eat breakfast like a King, take lunch like a Knave and have dinner like a pauper.

I do just that, most breakfasts I'll have three boiled eggs, toasted soya bread soldiers, raspberries and muesli with sliced apricots atop, a small glass of prune juice a glass of milk and black tea unsugared. I skip lunch often, but have sensible stuff like kippers, seafood mix with rice, chilli, or a large bowl of 3-bean soup. Dinner is usually something like an egg banjo or a small salad and that. Recently I have been partial to chip shop chips for Dinner whilst at work and that must stop! But it all works for me, I'm still 8 stone six pounds.

Just a note on that, I call lunch - dinner.... and dinner I call tea, but I used the more usual terms for understanding of the proverb. In England many people call those meals so, but the American way of Lunch and Dinner has overtaken the old termage.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Danette Celeste » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 am

I am not, and never have been a conversationalist. It s a skill that completely escapes me. My wife on the other hand can converse with a brick and learn about its entire existence. I'm generally more comfortable listening, but there are times when I feel the need to speak. I just cannot do competitive conversation.

I do find it easier to carry on conversations with women. That has always been the case and I guess one reason I had more and closer female friends than male.

Since I've transitioned I am able to carry one simple social pleasantries with men. Curiously, that is easiest with fellow veterans. Doesn't seem to matter what era - WWII vets are incredibly gracious if somewhat formal and will risk breaking their 90 year old hips to get to a door to hold it open for a woman. The first time that happened to me was early in transition, with little self confidence in my presentation and I was dumbfounded. The frail elderly gentleman barely had the strength to pull the door open. It was the first time I was the recipient of such grand and genuine chivalry and an experience I will never forget. There is a dynamic within veteran groups that is a common bond and to one degree or another, shared experiences. But I digress.

Despite my conversational limitations I love public speaking and find it easy to speak to groups, some have been several thousand in size. I can teach, I have presented to general officers as well as senior DoD civilian leadership without breaking a sweat.

There is one group with which I can converse - children. I suppose that was one reason I found pediatric nursing such a calling.

~ Liz

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby Michi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Dog names. Any suggestions for a giant boy? I like Pluto or Astro so far. His baby sitter wants Tarkus which I don't like. I got seasick on the ferry crossing Lake Michi getting him took some seasick pills on way back and less waves so not as bad l. Not a boat lover.
Michi

Postby MorganWoolf » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Michi wrote:Dog names. Any suggestions for a giant boy? I like Pluto or Astro so far. His baby sitter wants Tarkus which I don't like. I got seasick on the ferry crossing Lake Michi getting him took some seasick pills on way back and less waves so not as bad l. Not a boat lover.

Sebastian.

Thor.

Odin.

Knox.

Arthur.

Zeus.

Hagrid (if he's fluffy)
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Well, I always liked Marmaduke, it can be shortened to Duke, a great big doggie name. I have no pets ATM, because I live alone and work long shifts. I'm more of a cat person really and am thinking of getting a nice Ginger that I would call Mr. Jinx.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby KoroSensei » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:36 pm

I second Thor and Hagrid :mrgreen:
I also tend to like opposite names: Tiny sounding names for big dogs and vice versa. I know a Chihuahua named Bear :D
I also like Alfred :)
It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby KoroSensei » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

AUGGHHH.....
sometimes I hate my grandmother. Every time I talk to her, she tells me how much she hates my short hair. Saying "you look like a boy".

MAYBE I WANNA LOOK LIKE A BOY!! DIDJA THINK OF THAT!?

Sorry for ranting....
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm

They come from a dark time lol
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 am

KoroSensei wrote:MAYBE I WANNA LOOK LIKE A BOY!! DIDJA THINK OF THAT!?

Have you told her that you want to look like a boy. It would surely move the comments away from the length of you hair! :)
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby KoroSensei » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:59 am

I have thought of telling her, but she lives in a different state and I only talk on the phone with her. Besides, I think I should probably tell my parents first. Then deal with telling people who are far away.
It's just so diffecult to find the words to say.... I was able to tell my bff no problem, and she's been amazing. But telling my family is scary as hell.
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby MorganWoolf » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 am

KoroSensei wrote: It's just so diffecult to find the words to say.... I was able to tell my bff no problem, and she's been amazing. But telling my family is scary as hell.

I know exactly what you mean. I just came out to my mom on Thursday. It just kinda happened. My chest still feels like it's going to collapse when I think about it.
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 am

It is mildly hilarious that Photobucket thinks they're actually going to get a userbase that has enjoyed their free service for years upon years to start coughing up $400 annually. Seeking reimbursement for hosting costs is not unusual or unfair, but holding people's pics hostage and wrecking lots of websites and blogs is morally dubious at best. And there's no way in hell most people are going to pay almost $35 a month for it.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07 am

I just use a memory sticks for my photos. I'm so vain I take lots and lots, I do it for reassurance and to see how I am looking in different stuff. I recently scanned lots of old friends and family ones and put them on a memory stick too, so I've always got them. I'd never pay so much for such a service, I used Photobucket years ago but found it easier to use sticks, you could by lots of them for £350! If I need to use anything with a photo online, there's lots of free hosting sites that give you free links to do so.

By the way PG, I can't stop myself asking you about your subtitle? That's not a sentence you'd use every day!!!! Who wrote that, Frank Zappa?
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 am

CeliaEriksson wrote:By the way PG, I can't stop myself asking you about your subtitle? That's not a sentence you'd use every day!!!! Who wrote that, Frank Zappa?

Heh, no, does sound like a Zappa line though, doesn't it?

It's actually a line from a video game called Metal Gear Solid 2, where you basically play as a special ops soldier trying to stop terrorists who have taken over an oil rig. It (and the other Metal Gear games) are waaaaay stranger than that, but it's hard to condense down an exact description.

Anyway, towards the end of the game the 'Colonel' you've been taking orders from the entire time is revealed to be an AI program that's now on the fritz; starts doing all kinds of strange things like breaking the fourth wall, telling you to turn your system off, bringing up fake game over screens, etc. My signature is one of the things he says. :)

https://youtu.be/ul8j9I90ueM
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:11 am

That is weird! I like the Colonel doing the beep bit at the end.... but was quite disappointed to not see any nakedness there, one must say.... :oops: .
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Michi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I always liked Marmaduke, it can be shortened to Duke, a great big doggie name. I have no pets ATM, because I live alone and work long shifts. I'm more of a cat person really and am thinking of getting a nice Ginger that I would call Mr. Jinx.

Thanks to both of you. It's Rex! I have a cat called Sweets whom I usually call Mrs. Sweets.
Michi

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:30 am

Welp, the blue room in my house is no longer blue. Still needs a second coat though X_X

Did my cut-ins and still couldn't stop hitting the ceiling with the roller though :x
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CeliaEriksson » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:35 pm

So PG, without me having to backtrack if you already told us.... what colour did you plump for?

I like cladding, wood for the living room, but have white cladding for the bathroom and utility room and have painted dark red for the kitchen and Chinese red for the hall and lilac kind of amethysty for the bedroom. I hate decorating, but have covered every square inch of my apartment, top to bottom, east to west to how I like it!
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Michi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Got an order for a mamogram today, my first and am excited. I should get a colonoscopy which I'm not excited about and have been putting it off.
Michi

Postby Michi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Michi wrote:
CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I always liked Marmaduke, it can be shortened to Duke, a great big doggie name. I have no pets ATM, because I live alone and work long shifts. I'm more of a cat person really and am thinking of getting a nice Ginger that I would call Mr. Jinx.

Thanks to both of you. It's Rex! I have a cat called Sweets whom I usually call Mrs. Sweets.

And Mrs. Sweets isn't sharing Rex's ethusiasm.

https://youtu.be/5B34IBsT7BI
Michi

Postby KoroSensei » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

And Mrs. Sweets isn't sharing Rex's ethusiasm.

awww how cute :D it wasn't to long ago that my family's puppy was that little! They grow so fast, don't they?
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby diane » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I seriously hate that I have to discuss nazis.... I mean really.... nazis... fucking nazis.
diane

Postby lizaaq » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 pm

I saw this vice documentary about the nazi stuff that happened recently. I have to say.. a lot of those guys, including the main guy they were interviewing.. gave off *extremely* gay vibes. like.. don't they know what happened to rohm and the SA? you can't be gay and a nazi.. these fools need to come out and stop putting on a show.. everyone would be more happy that way :lol: :lol: :lol:
lizaaq

Postby dreamin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:29 pm

lizaaq wrote:I saw this vice documentary about the nazi stuff that happened recently. I have to say.. a lot of those guys, including the main guy they were interviewing.. gave off *extremely* gay vibes. like.. don't they know what happened to rohm and the SA? you can't be gay and a nazi.. these fools need to come out and stop putting on a show.. everyone would be more happy that way :lol: :lol: :lol:

that one's 4th on my youtube queue right now, which means it'll get watched by tomorrow evening (i watch *entirely* too much youtube)

nazi's can EAT A DICK :!:

....poorly ;p
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Postby Ashley@Heart » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:34 pm

I am sitting in the waiting room for a doctor I hope will be my new endo. I confess it's been a bit hectic this week.. had my kids over, electrolysis (gwad I hate that), consultation with a makeup and hair stylist (far more fun), ears pierced, tommorow is my first proper hair styling, followed by a visit to one of the big LGBT centers. Which is just two blocks from my stylist. And possibly a nice evening out with my boyfriend. :D

I wish I had more time, to keep up with all of you but my evenings always seem to vanish before I know it.

Wishing all of you the best!

**HUGS**
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby dreamin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:41 pm

my mini-buzz <3
dreamin

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:46 pm

So I joined OkCupid and was totally honest about my gender identity and condition and wowsers I had in a week over 420 likes and I'm getting so many messages I can't filter through them all I've had people who were ok with it and others who contacted me before realizing I'm Transgender WOW I really do pass

And well I kinda sorta met a guy I'm pretty interested in he's really close and we're planning to get coffee together soon yay!
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby MorganWoolf » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:22 pm

ChristineMckeehan wrote:So I joined OkCupid and was totally honest about my gender identity and condition and wowsers I had in a week over 420 likes and I'm getting so many messages I can't filter through them all I've had people who were ok with it and others who contacted me before realizing I'm Transgender WOW I really do pass

And well I kinda sorta met a guy I'm pretty interested in he's really close and we're planning to get coffee together soon yay!

Yay! Congrats! Good luck on the date ;)
MorganWoolf

Postby Michi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Sky View app. It's pretty nice.
Michi

Postby kaye is okay » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am

Michi wrote:Sky View app. It's pretty nice.

'Tis. It's a nice point-and-find kind of viewer. I use that and Stellarium.
“I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.”

Augusten Burroughs, Magical Thinking
kaye is okay

Postby Shizuku » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 pm

I hope Lilah is okay. I just remembered that she lives in Texas.
Shizuku

Postby KoroSensei » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't know if anyone here watches Survivor, but I'm so emotional right now over the episode I watched tonight. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen season 34: Game Changers yet.

One of my favorite players was just outed as being a trans man, when he's never mentioned it before.
Even though it was in severe bad taste to out him, he took it all so well, and I love that there's now a guy on the show I can relate too.

Plus; my family was so supportive of him, and were all really cool with it. So if I can ever work up the nerve to tell them, I think I'll be okay :)

Also, I haven't finished the season yet, so please no spoilers :P
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby lisagurl » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:42 pm

I am thinking what a fantastic day and dry cool weather after the storm. Life is grand just to be alive. Too bad many follow the media and the propaganda designed to manipulate them.

Cheers
Lisa
lisagurl

Postby kris » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:52 pm

lisagurl wrote:I am thinking what a fantastic day and dry cool weather after the storm. Life is grand just to be alive. Too bad many follow the media and the propaganda designed to manipulate them.

Cheers
Lisa

You that bored you want to rekindle disagreement with passive-aggressive vagueness? Not a judgment; after all, I am apparently bored enough to comment on it.
kris

Postby Michi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:52 am

I went to the Bristol Ren Faire yesterday with my electrolysis. She was saying how I was making her spend all this money, I said that's okay it was my money.
Michi

Postby Danette Celeste » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:31 am

Up until yesterday, we mostly missed the smoke from all the fires in the Pacific North West (PNW). Yesterday was horrible and today is worse. Air quality index for today is 165 putting it solidly in the unhealthy range. Schools have canceled outdoor sports activities.

Yuk.

~ Liz

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby CeliaEriksson » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:54 am

Well here's hoping you are soon breathing clean air Liz and all is well over there. Celia xx
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby kris » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:07 pm

It's been hazy for the last two days in Vancouver as well. AQI is like in the 150-170 range. There is such a thick screen in the air that I could actually look at the dim orange sun without discomfort if I wanted to (and I don't because I need my eyes in working order). While I do like not having to deal with strong sunlight, it's a sad sign of how bad the fires must be. I think there are at least a few rough summers ahead for the general region.
kris

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:28 pm

I buried my cat today.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby MorganWoolf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:58 pm

PentacleGoddess wrote:I buried my cat today.

Oh no! I am so sorry PentacleGoddess :cry:

*hugs*
MorganWoolf

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:07 am

It's the trouble with pets, they go and die on you. I love cats, but work shifts and go abroad quite a bit, so I am going to wait until I retire before I get another one. Am sorry for your loss PG. Celia xx
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Lechin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:38 am

Wondering what all has happened while I was gone...
Lechin

Postby Shizuku » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 am

Lechin wrote:Wondering what all has happened while I was gone...

Whoa, I haven't seen you on here in a cool minute. 'Sup. :mrgreen:
Shizuku

Postby lisagurl » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:07 pm

I am thinking many need to be educated on stoics and the world of virtue beyond themselves.
lisagurl

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:18 pm

The purpose of life is Epicurean hedonism.

Not to be misunderstood purely as pursuit of pleasure, it's also avoidance of pain.

Unless you are a sociopath, acting on empathy with compassion is pleasurable. So altruism feels good.

Guilt is pain. Avoid it by not doing things your conscience tells you is wrong.

That's what I was thinking about right now.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby dreamin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:27 pm

lisagurl wrote:I am thinking many need to be educated on stoics and the world of virtue beyond themselves.

or y'know, what being passive aggressive is as well
dreamin

Postby lisagurl » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:The purpose of life is Epicurean hedonism.

Not to be misunderstood purely as pursuit of pleasure, it's also avoidance of pain.

Unless you are a sociopath, acting on empathy with compassion is pleasurable. So altruism feels good.

Guilt is pain. Avoid it by not doing things your conscience tells you is wrong.

That's what I was thinking about right now.

Wrong as the church would like you to think. The idea is moderation not hedonism. Living the simple life without material wealth. The idea that friends are the key to advancing humanity. Guilt is a conditioned response to cultural dogma. Part of the misinformation helped the church stay in business. Is there any evidence of an after life?
https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-divisio ... philosophy
Last edited by lisagurl on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisagurl

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm