Any Trump supporters here?

Postby DawnF » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Just curious...

(Trolls need not respond! :P )
DawnF

Re: Any Trump supporters here?

Postby Shizuku » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9u26N3R_zQ

Video pretty much sums up my thoughts on this topic.
Last edited by Shizuku on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizuku

Postby dreamin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:40 pm

DawnF wrote:(Trolls need not respond! :P )

i always find these^ sorts of statements curious, and maybe a little annoying (yeah i know, it's annoying for me not to stay on thread-topic too, feel free to claim said annoyance for rebuttal's sake)

anyway like, who in their right mind believes such a "safety sentence" would work for a real troll :?: they delight in seeing such a statement 'cause they're nefarious like that, and so they generally would proceed to troll harder than they would have otherwise

not saying i'm trolling your thread, and honestly i don't think we have ACTUAL trolls here on the boards (to my knowledge) ...it's just curious to me that folks believe such a preemptive statement bears any weight to a dyed-in-tha-wool troll is all :?

EDIT: the more i look at the original post, the more i feel my sense of humor may be trickling back, 'cause certainly this is an ironic joke ...right Dawn?
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby DawnF » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Yes, I was joking! :D But, I have sensed in one poster that she was a troll, but I never mentioned it to anyone, and I haven't seen any of her posts since then, but my joke was not directed at her or anyone else for that matter. :lol:
DawnF

Postby Andina » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am

I like his idea of putting his face on the Dollar Bill - then we can all be creative artists marking it up :D
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:45 am

So utterly not a supporter here.

He's probably safer to the transgender community than Pence is. But then maybe Pence is the reason for a lot of shit happening too.

If we get rid of Trump, we end up with Pence. Not encouraging eh.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby DawnF » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Yes, definitively! Pence is a right-wing nut job on steroids, Trump is only on caffeine.
DawnF

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:So utterly not a supporter here.

He's probably safer to the transgender community than Pence is. But then maybe Pence is the reason for a lot of shit happening too.

If we get rid of Trump, we end up with Pence. Not encouraging eh.

Here's an idea. Get rid of Trump. Then Get Rid of Pence.

Amazing.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby REM1126 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:36 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:SHe's probably safer to the transgender community than Pence is. But then maybe Pence is the reason for a lot of shit happening too. If we get rid of Trump, we end up with Pence.

Yes, that is true. Pence is bad.

Trump, I don't know. He said that TG people should be able to use the restroom they want to use. But, he is surrounded by people who are far more conservative, and the more everyone even slightly liberal shuns him the more conservative he seems to become in response.
REM1126

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 pm

REM1126 wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:SHe's probably safer to the transgender community than Pence is. But then maybe Pence is the reason for a lot of shit happening too. If we get rid of Trump, we end up with Pence.

Yes, that is true. Pence is bad.

Trump, I don't know. He said that TG people should be able to use the restroom they want to use. But, he is surrounded by people who are far more conservative, and the more everyone even slightly liberal shuns him the more conservative he seems to become in response.

May I ask, why you changed Lesley's quote and altered so that Trump is now a "SHe"?

Also, may I ask why you chose to ignore my post about how the Pence thing is a logical fallacy? Because the simple solution is to get rid of Trump and Pence. But you keep wanting the easy way out of making excuses of why you don't want to do anything.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby REM1126 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Demon wrote:
REM1126 wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:SHe's probably safer ...

May I ask, why you changed Lesley's quote and altered so that Trump is now a "SHe"?

I didn't do it intentionally. I suppose the "S" from "So utterly not a supporter here." didn't get deleted when I quoted and deleted the parts I wasn't responding to. Sorry for any confusion.
Demon wrote:Also, may I ask why you chose to ignore my post about how the Pence thing is a logical fallacy? Because the simple solution is to get rid of Trump and Pence. But you keep wanting the easy way out of making excuses of why you don't want to do anything.

Because, as difficult as it would be to get rid of the President of the United States (that would require impeachment and conviction, which has never been successfully done), doing it twice in less than three years just isn't going to happen.
REM1126

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:34 pm

One very important thing to know about Donald Trump is that he is a promoter, and specifically, a real estate investment promoter. He will say anything, do anything, change his position in a millisecond if he believes it will impress a real estate buyer, banker or investor.

He is neither a Democrat or republican or independent. He is what will get him what he wants. Yes, he was apparently pro gender neutral bathroom use for transfolk, until he wasn't. He changed his position when he found it was easier to sell himself to his 'base'. The reason his 'base' is so in to him is that he has hit upon a tactic that will get him the votes.

I made a comment a week or so ago that if the Democrats take back the House and hopefully also the Senate, Donald Trump will become a Democratic president because his need to be accepted will not be satisfied if the Congress is against him.

Donald Trump has no belief system. He will morph into whatever is necessary to get the deal done. I have been involved in two real estate transactions where Donald Trump was a participant. He is a snake, will say anything to get his name involved. He snookered the City of Fresno, CA when he came into buy a residential/golf site telling the City fathers that he already had a PGA tournament schedule for a couple of years out. He did this to get concessions any mature city administration would laugh off.

In 2006, I was involved in the purchase of a 1.6 acre site in Beverly Hills, CA where Donald Trump and my employer were being absolutely silly in over bidding the site (my best price for the site was $33 million). My employer got the site for $106,000,000 (yes, that much). Donald Trump called the CEO of my employer immediately after the bidding ended and spend 10 minutes explaining why his name 'Trump' should be on the proposed residential tower. (BTW, Barclays Bank, as a lender, lost $56 million and Lehman Brothers, as an investment partner, lost $45 million when the project failed.)

I know the OP asked if I supported Donald Trump - no, I don't and I apologize for hijacking the thread.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 pm

REM1126 wrote:
Because, as difficult as it would be to get rid of the President of the United States (that would require impeachment and conviction, which has never been successfully done), doing it twice in less than three years just isn't going to happen.

There are a million ways to make someone un-president. For example, maybe bribe him to not be president. Or maybe his ship gets lost in the bermuda triangle and he is stranded on an island with only wilson to keep him company. Or maybe he hits his head on a conveniently placed beam and suddenly gets irreversible Alzheimers. Etcetera.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby REM1126 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Demon wrote:There are a million ways to make someone un-president. For example, maybe bribe him to not be president. Or maybe his ship gets lost in the bermuda triangle and he is stranded on an island with only wilson to keep him company. Or maybe he hits his head on a conveniently placed beam and suddenly gets irreversible Alzheimers. Etcetera.

Bribe a billionaire to give up the most powerful position in the world? With WHAT?

And, the rest sounds somewhat like a veiled threat to harm him...though not at all like a sincere threat to harm him.

Impeachment and conviction is the only legal way to get him out.
REM1126

Postby DawnF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Not voting for him in 2020 is another way, also!

I have read and heard that Pence thinks that Jesus is communicating with him directly! :wink:
DawnF

Postby REM1126 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:22 pm

DawnF wrote:Not voting for him in 2020 is another way, also!

Well, yeah. But, that is a long game sort of change strategy. I thought people meant something more immediate.
REM1126

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Well, let's hope you Americans find a decent Democrat opponent this time, not related to any previous incumbents, and don't leave yourself with Hobson's Choice again.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby REM1126 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, let's hope you Americans find a decent Democrat opponent this time, not related to any previous incumbents, and don't leave yourself with Hobson's Choice again.

As a Libertarian, I hope both the major Parties fall on their face, and we get a complete realignment of the notions of what is conservative and what is liberal. I want smaller less intrusive government, more personal freedom/liberty, the right to privacy to be expanded beyond the uterus (the Patriot Act and the NDAA have to go), less defense spending, repeal of drug prohibition, better mental health availability at an affordable price. I disagree with about half of what each of the two BIG Parties want.
REM1126

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Most people don't know what a 'Hobson's Choice' is.

In 15-16th century Cambridge, a livery owner by the name of Hobson would rent horses, much like today's car rental companies. The difference with Hobson is that the horse renter had to take the next horse in the queue - regardless of the quality of the horse. You didn't like the horse offered, come back later.

I think we can no longer live with a Hobson Choice. We need to have qualified and competitive candidates, on both sides of the aisle. So, rather than a Hobson Choice, how about a best choice.

One of the very real problems with a presidential candidate is that no one is qualified when they first run. We need to understand the individual's prior experience, the overall quality of the individual and the general outlook of the individuals running.

Hillary Clinton had the best experience being a previous U.S. Senator and a Secretary of State. Donald Trump had not governmental experience and his business experience was pitiful.

Neither Trump nor Clinton could list quality of the individual as a point in their favor, with Trump certainly losing in this regard.

Clinton did have a good idea of the future, Trump's idea was how to grow his checking account.

So, the last election was not a Hobson Choice, but rather a race between two losers and the U.S. voted in the worst of the lot.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi Miki!

I'm amazed that you knew of Hobson's Choice, as I wrote it, I thought, 'oh, maybe the Americans and Canadians will not know what I mean', but of course, you are a woman of the world, I should always remember that.

But, looking from this side of the pond, I reckon any Democrat candidate apart from a Clinton would have beaten Trump hands down, so yes Hobson's Choice works here Miki!!!! Sanders would have won.

I don't know, maybe it's better looking from the outside in sometimes, don't you think? But what do I know, I'm just silly with stuff like this, I don't really know why I write upon it, I never used to even think of thingies like this until I came here. Maybe these boards are liberating my poilitical self?

Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby DawnF » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:11 am

From a progressive perspective (I am a progressive!), Donald Trump is a gift that "keeps on giving!" :)
DawnF

Postby helen2b » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 am

REM1126 wrote:
Demon wrote:There are a million ways to make someone un-president. For example, maybe bribe him to not be president. Or maybe his ship gets lost in the bermuda triangle and he is stranded on an island with only wilson to keep him company. Or maybe he hits his head on a conveniently placed beam and suddenly gets irreversible Alzheimers. Etcetera.

Bribe a billionaire to give up the most powerful position in the world? With WHAT?

And, the rest sounds somewhat like a veiled threat to harm him...though not at all like a sincere threat to harm him.

Impeachment and conviction is the only legal way to get him out.

< Puts on Corneole voice > You just make him an offer he can't refuse. Maybe leave a horse's head in his bed as well.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out @ work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017
BA...13/07/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby Medli » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:38 am

Oh yeah, I voted for him and I'm happy with my decision. It's nice to finally have a president who isn't afraid to speak their mind. I'd say I agree with him roughly 70% of the time, while not perfect it's nice to actually be happy with the president's decisions for a change and really get behind the ideals being pushed. And seeing SJWs be constantly triggered by him is a small plus.
If you see this while scrolling, you have been visited by the Rebecca of good opinions. Logic and good taste will come to you, but only if you reply "Thanks Rebecca" to this post.
Medli

Postby DawnF » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:46 am

He is not supportive of LGBTQ folk; how could you vote for someone who either wants to take away your fundamental rights (and, dignity), or is at least catering to those who do?
DawnF

Postby Medli » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:32 am

He's not? I don't feel like I lost any rights since he came into office, oops.
If you see this while scrolling, you have been visited by the Rebecca of good opinions. Logic and good taste will come to you, but only if you reply "Thanks Rebecca" to this post.
Medli

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm