We want Jess back!

Bulletins, Suggestions, and Non Transgender Topics

We want Jess back!

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi everyone!

Please mods, I want to start a petition here to ask that Jess is reinstated upon these boards. Username Jentay. She had one little spatt and was banned yet I see much worser stuff here being posted and I think she was very nice and should be reinstated. I notice that the offended person is not around now and all understanding goes out to her if she is offend and that but surely now it is water under the bridge, I think Jessica should be allowed back. Please support me in this by keeping this post alive. Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Re: We want Jess back!

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 pm

I need to stop these disappearing acts. Seems all of the interesting stuff happens while I'm away.
"My birth control is not my boss' business. By the way, boss, you're going to be getting a bill for my ortho tri cyclen."
tiffany_elizabeth

Postby Shizuku » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

tiffany_elizabeth wrote:I need to stop these disappearing acts. Seems all of the interesting stuff happens while I'm away.

Same here. :lol:

I don't know what happened or if the ban is temporary or not, but I do know that the mods here are pretty darn lenient, so Jessica probably dun goofed. With that being said, from what little I saw her post, she seemed cool. It sucks that this happened, but it happens, ya know?
"The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed."
Shizuku

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 pm

Shizuku wrote:
tiffany_elizabeth wrote:I need to stop these disappearing acts. Seems all of the interesting stuff happens while I'm away.

Same here. :lol:

I don't know what happened or if the ban is temporary or not, but I do know that the mods here are pretty darn lenient, so Jessica probably dun goofed.

I'd say they're lenient. Especially compared to most places I've been. Every other forum I've been on if you had a disagreement with a moderator on anything, whether it was site policy or global politics or even Coke vs. Pepsi you needed to keep your mouth shut or you'd get at least a two week ban.

On one of my last visits here I traded insults with a moderator. Even though she was giving as much as she was receiving, she could have still banned me the way most places would have but there haven't been any repercussions. Now it was during a political discussion and nothing to do with site policy so that may have factored into it, but compared to everywhere else this is about as lightly moderated as you can get short of not having any active moderators.
"My birth control is not my boss' business. By the way, boss, you're going to be getting a bill for my ortho tri cyclen."
tiffany_elizabeth

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 am

When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Andina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 am

So far as I can determine, Jentay was not banned. It was abdication. She removed all her posts, something that moderators never do. Her name does not appear on our list of banned members.
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:18 pm

nexyjo wrote: . . . . but the forum rules are the forum rules. Consider this a warning. I won't offer another one.

Although transposed from another post, nevertheless, this illustrates my view of this thread and these boards. I will, as I always have, defer to the Mods governance here, and will abide by the guidance that they offer. But that is just me.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 pm

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:
nexyjo wrote: . . . . but the forum rules are the forum rules. Consider this a warning. I won't offer another one.

Although transposed from another post, nevertheless, this illustrates my view of this thread and these boards. I will, as I always have, defer to the Mods governance here, and will abide by the guidance that they offer. But that is just me.

I didn't say what I did as an act of defiance to the moderators or anything. I was actually praising the mods, because they always step in where they need to but this is literally (and I'm not misusing literally here) the only site I've been to where the moderators don't let their authority go to their heads and hand out punishments for personal reasons.
tiffany_elizabeth

Postby DawnF » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Even though I have no idea who she is, I wish to add my "Yes" vote, also!

DawnF

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 am

Andina wrote:So far as I can determine, Jentay was not banned. It was abdication. She removed all her posts, something that moderators never do. Her name does not appear on our list of banned members.

I have developed a friendship with Jess outside of this board and I can tell you, as described in an email sent to me today, that the comment above is diametrically in opposition to what Jess has described to me. I asked if I could post sections of her last email to me and I will below - with my edits.
My purpose here is to let you know that I was absolutely, unequivocally irrefutably and without any doubt..... BANNED. I did not leave, did not want to leave and feel more insulted now than ever because that leaves the impression to others was that I blew you guys off and disappeared. [deleted] The need to vilify me amongst the mods seems to be ongoing. They talk, they all do, and they know what's happening.
If you have the time and inclination, I would very much appreciate you setting the record straight on that note.

Jess is in preparation for her upcoming GCS in Thailand early next year and even if she was 'allowed' back here, I am not sure she would want to spend the time. I, along with others here, appreciate her world view, and I wish she could be here to expand our views of what is happening out there - with her help.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Andina » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:41 am

My apologies if that is the case. We have access to a list of banned members and her name does not appear on it. As moderators we have less access than the owner so there may be other levels of security beyond our reach. However it doesn't explain why all the posts were deleted.
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:50 pm

The following is an excerpt from another email from Jess:
I really don't like to be perceived publicly as being crude. That's the reason I asked Nexyjo to delete my posts to the child.

Jess did not want ALL of her posts removed, just the posts in the thread with the individual that has caused all of this consternation.
MikiSJ

Postby CeliaEriksson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Now.... and I am not a naughty person or a troublemaker. I just want Jess to have justice here. I read those posts at the time and knew I'd seen much worse here before and I've seen worse since.

So I have investigigated now.... POOF! all of the plaintifs comments have gone, (including Nexys history ones of giving the ban, mentioned with due respects to her, it could be erased by default coz I saw an entire topic disdappear before now and Nexy seems an ok person..)

What has happened though? I am truly one of life's real innocents unless some injustness really gets to me. I truly don't cause trouble, I hate this kinda thing, so what has happened? Jess has at least a right to know! Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Okay I literally have no idea what's going on. Are there CliffsNotes for this situation?
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Are there CliffsNotes for this situation?

Cliff Notes are usually available after the course has run through one time.
MikiSJ

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Okay, I literally have no idea what's going on. Are there CliffsNotes for this situation?

I looked for the Cliff Notes myself, just before I commented, but the rack was empty. I looked around elsewhere, but found nothing, poof, gone, vamoosed. With nothing for myself to go on, nothing about the hissy fit and cat fight to examine or review, I leave it to the Mods to do the right thing, which I am sure that they did.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

We have specific guidelines that we will not remove a user's posts, whether they request it or not. If her posts are gone, she did it. Not us. I can also verify her name is not on our ban list and, in fact, does not even show up in our member list anymore. The likelihood of any action having taken place above the level of andina, nexyjo, or myself is so low as to be practically nonexistent.

I cannot specifically remember what conflict happened with Jentay, though I do remember something occurring. It should be pretty obvious by this point that our moderation around here could only be described generously as a light touch. If she had been banned, chances are extremely high that she did something to warrant it, but again, the evidence is not there that we had anything to do with the removal of her or her posts.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby jentay1367 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 am

I read the last post by pentacleGoddess and it piqued my curiosity. So I created a "New" account with the same old username and password and it allowed it. I'm quite curious as to what may have originally happen. I don't have the skill set that would allow me to hack this website to the degree that I could eradicate all signs of my existence here. I've seen The day after the last remark I made to the woman that caused this issue, I logged in to have it say "You Have been Banned". I didn't imagine it but don't want to belabor it. It is what it is. Thank you to Miki and the always positive and ever optimistic Celia. Thank you firstly for your wonderful caring enough to get me back on the board here. You're both very kind and wonderful women that make me feel fantastic for both your caring.
jentay1367
New

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:48 am

Welcome back Jess! I am weary after a nightshift but this is the bestest of pick me ups! Look forward to seeing you on here again. Yay! Celia xx
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:50 am

Hello, girlfriend. :D
MikiSJ

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm