Rebecca's Tg webcomic recommendations

Bulletins, Suggestions, and Non Transgender Topics

Rebecca's Tg webcomic recommendations

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

i'm a huge nerd i love comics and manga so im gonna start a list talking about the best Transgender focused comics i've came across not just ones that put trans issues in the front and nothing else all these stories have a unique plot and characters

these have helped me during hard times i want them to reach others in need if you know any really good trans comics mention the here and feel free to chat about your favs ^_^

let's start off with my number one recommendation Rain a story for boys girls and everyone inbetween
1.Image
Rain is about a young transgirl named Rain(Legally Ryan) who moves to a new town with her aunt to live out her remaining school years as herself things quickly escalate when Rains Childhood friend from her old town goes to her school and uncovers the truth!

its a rocky road at first but the two become friends again and Rain finds herself in a circle of friends who accept her and fight to protect her identity maybe even find love?
this comic is amazing the art improves drastically over the years too
it also not only cover trans issues but covers the entire LGBT spectrum and the problems we all face

comic isn't such about tragedy as there's a lot of romance, comedy its a mixing pot of delicious
http://rain.webcomic.ws/comics/first/

2.Misfile
in one corner of the universe there's nothing more irritating than a misfile
what can i say about misfile besides its a mix of Trans and LGBT problems with fast and furious
Ash upton was king of the mountain in his local town's underground racing scene he was the best and his highly modified XR4Ti cannot be beat his life get changed forever when a potsmoker lowly angel working as a filer in heaven accidentally mixes up Ash's file and causes his live to be rewrote as if he was female

caught doing drugs this angel was was tossed down to earth to do community service for 10,000 years his first job was to correct the misfile Ash meets a girl named Emily who was made younger in her misfile and is now a freshmen both having issues they band together
Ash trying to keep his title as um Queen of the Mountain
and Emily restarts her studies the two together though become close friends maybe more
http://www.misfile.com/?date=2004-02-22

3.Material Girl
what happens when you get cursed by a gypsy well your departed sister clothes make you a play thing
at first this one wasn't one i would recommend it felt like a forced sissy story which i can't stand but if im honest this really turns around it has funny moments as we slowly learn she's actually transgender and the clothes are her ally
and leaps into very dark territories with being transgender or gay
this one is quite short and worth a read
https://heartgear.deviantart.com/art/Ma ... a-85286795

ill have others to post soon i might include my favorite pro lgbt mangas theres alot XD
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Re: Rebecca's Tg webcomic recommendations

Postby PentacleGoddess » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Would second the recommendation for Rain, don't know if I can for Misfile though. As occasionally as the comic is entertaining, it REALLY drags its feet a lot. And I know a lot of people think it captures some of the experience of being trans, but I don't really think so. The main character literally isn't trans, he is a guy that actually has been mystically forcibly trapped in the body of a girl and the entire world thinks he has always been a girl. It provides something of a separation.

Other 'recommendations': Closetspace, though this one has a tendency to meander too and the author often doesn't necessarily seem to know where she wants to go with it. Still a good read though, and I think at least some of what hampers it is an extremely erratic production schedule owing to the author's unfortunately near-constant money and medical issues. I think we've maybe gotten like 2 new strips in the last year.

Between the Lines had the potential to be a good comic, and I think you can still find new pages if you want to dig through her DeviantArt, but eh. It kind of fizzled for me before I got too into it.

I know Wildflowers is supposed to be good, and maybe it is, but goddamn I cannot get past the screamingly atrocious art. It is so, so bad, and the artist has seemingly never made any real attempt to improve. Like I can forgive a webcomic if it starts off with bad art so long as it improves (hello Questionable Content), but Wildflowers is literally painful to look at.

Speaking of Questionable Content, not really a trans comic but relatively recently introduced a trans character to the main cast who is probably one of the better realized, more fleshed out trans characters in long running fiction. Though the 'main cast' on this one seems to have been temporarily shelved in favor of stories about AI/robot feels, still worth checking out.

Goodbye to Halos - very pretty webcomic, loads of LGBT main characters. Probably one of my favorites.

Validation is another good one,well worth checking out. Covers a lot of the day to day of being trans without falling back on mystical element tropes and still manages to be entertaining.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby PentacleGoddess » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Also, Rebecca (Christine?), would recommend resizing some of your images and maybe reconsider posting quite so many. Those are taking quite a while to scroll through and some of them are so wide a fair portion is getting cut off. We limited the width of images on this board a while ago because people were purposely posting ridiculously sized images that were ruining the align,entertainment of everything.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:46 pm

PentacleGoddess wrote:I know Wildflowers is supposed to be good, and maybe it is, but goddamn I cannot get past the screamingly atrocious art. It is so, so bad, and the artist has seemingly never made any real attempt to improve. Like I can forgive a webcomic if it starts off with bad art so long as it improves (hello Questionable Content), but Wildflowers is literally painful to look at.

If one can get past the mind-blowing third grader comic art style, Wildflowers is brilliant, IMO. Real kick-but story lines mostly focusing on the dark, painful side of transitioning. The Creator, AnnaKrog, has a wonderful and gripping story telling skills, but can not draw worth a darn. Nevertheless, I featured the Wildflowers MC, Annie Andrews, in my ANIME MTF PROJECT AND ART GALLERY, as Manga Character No. 4. Try and look past the 'art style', and give it a read.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby PentacleGoddess » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 am

I can't. I mean, if you think you've got a compelling story to tell but can't draw to save your life, either improve, bring on an artist, or write a novel instead. Visuals are an aspect of webcomics, and if I can't focus on the story because practically every background is a lazy white space or because Holy Shit, hands don't bend that way or aren't even connected to the wrist that way, it detracts and distracts. Even a sprite comic or something done with legos or whatever would be less distracting, but I cannot get past it looking like the... 'giraffe'(?)... some friends posted on their fridge from their 6 year old.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:40 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:I can't. . . . but I cannot get past it looking like the...

I hear what you are saying, PG, and the 'art style' is freaky, but everyone can decide for themselves. Each to their Own.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:19 am

Material Girl seems like it could be interesting, shame it's impossible to navigate.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 pm

PentacleGoddess wrote:Material Girl seems like it could be interesting, shame it's impossible to navigate.

Click next lol
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby KoroSensei » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

For the guys out there, I would suggest this one. It's called Man Time, it's just funny short strips about being a trans man. It's very entertaining.

https://m.tapas.io/series/mantime
It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
-Albus Dumbledore.
KoroSensei

Postby PentacleGoddess » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:41 am

ChristineMckeehan wrote:
PentacleGoddess wrote:Material Girl seems like it could be interesting, shame it's impossible to navigate.

Click next lol

lolol yes whodathunk it except IT ISN'T ALWAYS THERE. Deviantart sucks for webcomic hosting.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:41 am

https://m.imgur.com/QH9HEW5?r
I can't find these source for this but man is this true feeling sometimes
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby PentacleGoddess » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:50 am

ChristineMckeehan wrote:Image

I know what the source is, can't think of the name of it though. Great, dark, super cynical trans comic. She nuked the website when she finished it though.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Ashley@Heart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:47 am

ChristineMckeehan wrote:Image

Oh goodness I second that. And as a bonus I found a new way to torture myself in that regard hearing my own voice doing voice practice.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm