"A Great Favor"

Bulletins, Suggestions, and Non Transgender Topics

"A Great Favor"

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:43 pm

So, the Trump has done the military 'A Great Favor' by banning transfolk from the military.

I don't think the military needs any favors and we certainly don't need any favors from the piece of shit we now call President.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Re: "A Great Favor"

Postby MorganWoolf » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Wait.. So.... Wait, I haven't been paying attention lately. He's made his tweet more than a tweet? It's passing? Is anyone going to stop this?!
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

This wasn't a tweet. This was a verbal utterance during a press conference from his golf course in New Jersey.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby MorganWoolf » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Okay, okay, but, my question....this is really passing? This is actually happening? Are people getting kicked out for being trans? How far has this gone?!
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby kris » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm

my question....this is really passing?

The White House issued policy guidelines titled "A Guidance Policy for Open Transgender Service Phase Out". As far as I know that is as far as it has gone to date, so basically beyond tweets, but still a ways from being actually implemented.

Is it passing? Well, presumably Trump is presenting as a man, but with nonsense like this, I am not sure he typically even passes as human. Oh, you mean as a matter of official policy being put into effect? Probably a ways to go on that matter, but the wheels are in motion. Hard to say where this will stop for certain -- how hard will invested parties push on this matter and how long will that drag out? --, but if I were in the United States Armed Forces I'd be evaluating my job prospects just in case I found myself facing a discharge from service down the line.
kris

Postby Tara » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:35 am

kris wrote:Is it passing? Well, presumably Trump is presenting as a man, but with nonsense like this, I am not sure he typically even passes as human.

:lol:
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 am

kris wrote:. . . . but if I were in the United States Armed Forces I'd be evaluating my job prospects just in case I found myself facing a discharge from service down the line.

I heard on the radio that the new policy states that all service members who either leave, or are kicked out of the military under the no trans in the military directive, will receive a Dishonorable Discharge, so as to insure that they can never receive any military or VA benefits.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SilverGray

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Danette Celeste » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:52 pm

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:
kris wrote:. . . . but if I were in the United States Armed Forces I'd be evaluating my job prospects just in case I found myself facing a discharge from service down the line.

I heard on the radio that the new policy states that all service members who either leave, or are kicked out of the military under the no trans in the military directive, will receive a Dishonorable Discharge, so as to insure that they can never receive any military or VA benefits.

Meanwhile, Dr David Shulkin, Sec of the Dept Of Veteran's Affairs is quoted as saying the VA will most certainly care for any trans people pushed out of the Military. Lot's of uncertainty. Even dipshit's own cabinet can't keep up with the idiot's erratic behavior.

A BCD is serious shit, and given that the Military invited trans people to serve openly, those that did were performing in compliance with regulation and leadership guidance. It would be a hard stretch to justify to even the most right-leaning court that there is basis in the UCMJ for such a discharge categorization, Even if that were to happen, every single person so affected would pursue a change through their service's Board for Correction of Military Records.

The Lawsuits are already flying, should a BCD happen, that'll just add to the growing list of harms for additional suits. My expectation is that this policy guidance will go the same as his immigration orders. I doubt the military will do anything substantive until there's a resolution. I do expect that they'll close entry to open trans people so as to not further expose the governments liability and not fuck up more people's lives.

Just one more example of how little knowledge or give a shit this pile of turd has.

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby Ghosty » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:07 pm

I heard about this a bit ago, this 'man' (more like a turd) is sickening. If a person wishes to do a service for the country, why stop them? If he really had the best interest of this country, he wouldn't be so shitty! (Pardon my language...)

I remember hearing about those tweets and just being furious, it's ridiculous.
Please enter witty comment here.
Ghosty
New

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:02 pm

A Dishonorable Discharge or a Bad Conduct Discharge are punitive discharges and are only given upon conviction by a courts martial or in the case of a Dishonorable Discharge, a General Courts Martial.

Simply being required to leave the service because of being trans will not result in a punitive discharge. The worst case, and this will only be the case (IMO) if Trump's thug push, is an Undesirable Discharge. This was the type of discharge given to gays when they were found out and asked to leave the service. An Undesirable discharge refers to an administrative discharge under "conditions other than honorable.” This type of discharge can entail a loss of Veterans Benefits. This type of discharge is not likely.

The likely type of discharge will be a General Discharge, Under Honorable Conditions. This discharge leaves everything intact for the Veteran. (I have this type of discharge because of some immaturity I exhibited while in the Navy).

The top discharge would be an Honorable Discharge.

What fucking shame that we treat our transgender military, much less our military in general, with such disdain and contempt.
I had my annual physical at a VA facility in San Jose, CA last month. My Primary Care Physician (my age and a Vietnam Era Veteran) noted that the number of Vietnam War Combat Veterans who have committed suicide has exceeded the number of Vietnam Veteran who lost their lives on the battlefield.

I wonder how many of those Vietnam Vets gave up on life because they were rejected by society as transgender. I hope I never become one of those who do give up - but it is getting harder and harder to keep trying, especially when my Nation keeps electing leaders like Trump and Rep. Vicky Hartzler .
MikiSJ

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm