What are you thinking about right now?

Bulletins, Suggestions, and Non Transgender Topics

Re: What are you thinking about right now?

Postby KoroSensei » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:02 am

I am so going to short out this keyboard tonight..

Sorry it made you cry :( I hope your keyboard recovers :D
The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried.
KoroSensei
Regular

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Tfw you realize The Matrix is almost 20 years old...
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Rheya » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I had to wikipedia The Matrix to check because I honestly couldn't believe it. I was seven when I saw The Matrix!? Goodness, makes me wonder if I saw it on VHS. I guess it doesn't feel like it was that long ago because it has aged really well.
Rheya

Postby PentacleGoddess » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 am

DVDs had only been out for about 4 or 5 years at that point, so you may very well have watched it on VHS, lol. I remember that it was the first movie I ever bought on dvd.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Rheya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:11 pm

It's really hard to talk to people about books. Not only because it seems like no one reads them (or, hopefully, I've just been unlucky with the people I've run into), but because it's so hard to find someone who has read the same book as me.

I've been reading a collection of Nikolai Gogol's short stories lately and each one I've read has been fantastic and after each one I've thought to myself "I'll probably never be able to talk to anyone about this", like I've acquired some secret experience that no one will ever understand or know - it would be a lonely feeling if books didn't help me feel less lonely.
Rheya

Postby Ashley@Heart » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:28 pm

I confess I don't read as much now as I used to. But for a long time they were where I was safe, living in another's dream for a time. Then it became movies, anime, and then online gaming and now that I am no longer running I have picked up my books again this time not to escape.

What pains me, is the festering grand cheeto if he survives his term will have a library named after him.. this person who proudly says he does not read. I think there should be solitary stone outside with the word "Unless" inscribed on it.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Rheya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Naming a library in Trump's name has such potential, though. It could be America's version of all the Nazi remembrance stuff they have in Berlin. Use it as a memorial so the people will never forget the horrors of his presidency (the sad thing is that this idea is totally valid even if Trump gets impeached in a few months).

I find my reading can fluctuate pretty wildly. I read very little last year, think I only read two books, because my mental health was tanking terribly, but now that I'm getting better reading just sort of comes back to me naturally.

I never could use books to escape, or films, video games or tv-shows either. I can distract myself for periods of time with all of these media except books. Books are a special kind of stimuli and to me they are special on their own, being surrounded by books I've read and like and just holding a book that matters to me gives me a kind of comfort that I've never really understood, but I think it's because reading books was the first time I was able to feel companionship, it used to be the only thing that could stymie loneliness.

And I have to ask Carolyn, what are you reading atm?
Rheya

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:24 am

On the arch of the future Trump library: capto per naturale eius debent
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm