Sophie Can't Dance

Create your own personal introduction thread

Sophie Can't Dance

Postby SophieCantDance » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Well, I *can*, but it is spastic, uncoordinated, and dangerous to those in proximity.

I've been a lurker for a while, but decided it was time to make an account. I am terrible at introductions, but here goes:

My name is Sophie, I live in Montréal. Still presenting male in public (at least until the gender clinic gives me an appointment). I started coming out to people about five months ago now, though only to a very small group of people.

I suppose I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and how great everyone here seems to be.

Much love!
SophieCantDance

Re: Sophie Can't Dance

Postby AbbyGray » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Sounds like my dancing, 2m disaster radius! Not done that for a long time!
Welcome and they are very freandly here.
Abby.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Oh Sophie!

I can dance, oh yes, but just keep me off the wine if I'm anywhere near the dance floor else I would rival your arms and legs going everywhere.... btw welcome to the boards! Oh and I'm told I run funnily, but of course I don't think so, just glad I can run, play golf, dance and still steal the occasional glance from men at 57. Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Sophie, welcome to the board. Since we don't use Skype, dancing ability is not a requirement.
CeliaEriksson wrote:...and still steal the occasional glance from men at 57. Celia xx

YOU ARE NOT 57. Why do you continue to try to fool us. We have our eyes (such as they are) on you as you continue with your dis-information about your age.

Sheeeesh!
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby CeliaEriksson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 am

Oh Miki, I know you are being kind.... If only I were NOT 57!
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby AbbyGray » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 am

It was a surprise to see that was you age, I thought around 40ish. But then again I thought the lady next door to me was late 50, turns out I was 20 years out but not in a good ! Hate the guess my age some people play. It's abit like offering your train seat, to a pregent person, then find out that there not and the embarrassing silence afterwards.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby dreamin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 am

SophieCantDance wrote:Well, I *can*, but it is spastic, uncoordinated, and dangerous to those in proximity.

doubt it's as bad as your textualization paints

SophieCantDance wrote:I am terrible at introductions

no you weren't. if you covered even a normal introduction-y point or 2, one can't honestly label that terrible. you covered more, and were more than adequate in your delivery as well

SophieCantDance wrote:Still presenting male in public (at least until the gender clinic gives me an appointment)

this is a limitation you place on yourself. i am intimately familiar with this limitation, which still largely exists in my experience to this day

SophieCantDance wrote:...and how great everyone here seems to be

you flatter us. well, me indirectly at least. it's simply not true, and i'm sure others could attest to it should they see this and were honest with themselves. we've MUCH chaos to show you in our hallowed halls of gut-wrenching pain & anguish...

...too

SophieCantDance wrote:Much love!

welc :!: ome to :o tgboards.com :? Sophie :)
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby SophieCantDance » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

@dreamin

I know it is a self imposed limitation. It is one designed to avoid the inevitable question of "have you seen a medical professional" when I come out to my family. Personally, I know that I don't need an hour long conversation with a stranger to validate what I have felt for my whole life. However my family is very closed-minded, and having check the box (as it were) will at least allow me to avoid being told that I don't know what I am talking about, and that if I see a psychiatrist they will "set me straight".
Sophie <3
SophieCantDance

Postby dreamin » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

SophieCantDance wrote:@dreamin

I know it is a self imposed limitation. It is one designed to avoid the inevitable question of "have you seen a medical professional" when I come out to my family. Personally, I know that I don't need an hour long conversation with a stranger to validate what I have felt for my whole life. However my family is very closed-minded, and having check the box (as it were) will at least allow me to avoid being told that I don't know what I am talking about, and that if I see a psychiatrist they will "set me straight".

yeah family can certainly throw a kink into an otherwise straightforward thing

my condolences..
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby jentay1367 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Celia looks so young because she’s full of joy and gratitude. I try and remember what wonderful elixirs they are and C is a helpful reminder :)
jentay1367
Regular

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Welcome to the TG Boards, Sophie. Sorry that I did not say so earlier.
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Return to Introductions

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm