Gender Identity Animation

Create your own personal introduction thread

Gender Identity Animation

Postby lukefrangeskou » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Luke Frangeskou and I am planning to create a 2 minute animation about gender identity to raise awareness about transgender rights.
I am actually a cisgender, heterosexual male but I have a huge respect for transgender people! I applaud anyone who has the bravery to embrace their true identity and stand up to those who discriminate against them, which to me is true strength!
I've come here to this forum because I would like to ask you, if it isn't too personal, what it's like for you to be transgender, non-binary etc for inspiration. Even though I know about gender identity and how people feel they were born in the wrong bodies etc, I think it would be good for me to learn about people's thoughts by means of primary research and as a cisgender male, I'd be lying to myself if I said I understood the struggles of being transgender first hand.
Again, you don't have to share your story if you don't feel like it.
Thank you so much for reading my message and I wish everyone of you the best for the future!

Luke
lukefrangeskou
New

Re: Gender Identity Animation

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am

Hi Luke,

I think there's a place for this to be posted, so it may get moved by a mod. Read the posts of this forum, there are lots of experienced women here, you will be closer to finding what you need to know. I doubt anyone will be able tell all of their story, outlook and experiences as being transgender in one post without writing for many, many hours. It's not like you'd have all the the answers if anyone did. It's not that straightforward, for every single one of us is a little different too. Read a good cross section of posts. Celia xxx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby lukefrangeskou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 am

Thank you Celia

I'll definitely do that.
lukefrangeskou
New

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 pm

lukefrangeskou wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Luke Frangeskou and I am planning to create a 2 minute animation . . . .
I am actually a cisgender, heterosexual male . . . .
. . . . what it's like for you to be transgender, non-binary, etc., for inspiration.
( italics mine )

The above combination of factors, italicized, means that you probably will never be able to fully and completely understand the feelings or the mind, heart, and soul of a transgender person. Maybe the project would be best done by a transgender person, working from actual experience, not from what other people just tell them. But, by all means, read the information on this website, and do as you think best.

Nevertheless---

http://www.tgboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10965
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby dreamin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 pm

some of us are mentally stable Luke, others of us feel as if we're slogging through fucking HELL every goddamn day. please, draw of my chaotic soul-crushing waters to quench thy privileged thirst<3
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Return to Introductions

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm