Checking in, for anyone who remembers me. :)

Create your own personal introduction thread

Checking in, for anyone who remembers me. :)

Postby REM1126 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:00 am

I am still alive, and doing alright I guess.
REM1126

Re: Checking in, for anyone who remembers me. :)

Postby Ashley@Heart » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Well.. welcome back. I am kind of sort of newish here.. ok maybe not anymore.. but you are teasing me so badly with that hanging re-intro.

Got anything you want to crow about? I would plumb your posting history but I would rather know what you are like now.

No matter what **HUGS**. I am on my seemingly slow journey into the unknown so I love to learn from anyone who wants to share.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby REM1126 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:41 am

I am sort of hung up, not on a journey anywhere. :)

I am TG, in my 50's and have not transitioned (don't plan to unless I just can't not anymore). I first came here back in 2007. I was really depressed then, and the people who were here helped me get through it.

I don't really have any TG friends in RL. I had one TG friend that I knew from real life, but she moved to another state when she transistioned, and has sense passed away.

Except for the moderators, I am not sure any of the people I remember are still around. I am FB friends with a few people from here, but I don't spend much time on FB.

It doesn't look like Dee, or Microdyke, or GypsieKristy visit much (unless they have new names).

Nexy, Andina, Corvus Corax, Pentacle Godess, Dysonance and Skippy were all nice, and made me feel welcome. Too many names to recall right now. I guess I was one of the original "Vicious Little Cows" (probably not something anyone else remembers), something someone labeled us as an insult and I thought would be a great name for a punk band.

Anyway, I just miss everyone I used to engage with here and would like to catch up with any of them I can, and maybe make some new friends too.
REM1126

Postby Ashley@Heart » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm

I get the looking to reconnect with friends thing. Since I am not out to anyone other than some family. I find myself distancing myself from friendships at work. As things that they say and do without knowing bother me. So the people I meet in group or online become far more important.

Either way I recognize some of the names so at least a few are occasionally around.

Do you have any hobbies you enjoy?
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby REM1126 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm

I like playing guitar. I just got a new electric this week.

I like watching college football, boating and I used to like SCUBA, but haven't been diving in a while.

I have not come out to my family (except my wife) and have not transitioned at all. My wife doesn't like to talk about GD, so I really don't have anyone I can talk to about those feelings.

What are your hobbies?
REM1126

Return to Introductions

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm