hard days are hard

General Transgender Support

hard days are hard

Postby SophieCantDance » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm

I tried to take my picture and now I am sitting in my apartment crying. Life I want you to know, sincerely, fuck you.
Sophie <3
SophieCantDance

Re: hard days are hard

Postby Lesley Niyori » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Hey Sophie, don't give up.

I take 100 pictures and I consider myself lucky if 5 don't suck.

Part is hairdo, part is makeup, part is outfit, but most is correct lighting and correct angle.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi Sophie and Lesley,

I did not want to answer, coz it'd sound mean, coz it's opposite, like 95% times, mirror, happiness, picture etc are good to me at least, I'm no oil painting, but I've always been happy how I look. But you know what? It's what is in your heart that matters, it's what's underneath, not on top.

Whatever, I know that Lesley is one of the beautiful people and were I living the other side of the Atlantic, I'd love to have coffee and a chat with her, coz I know she is just that, nice inside and out!

And then there is Miki and Jess, two very nice people that I could easily spend lots of time with, both inside and out. What I am saying is even if they were all ugly, I'd still like them, though it happens they are not.

But anyhow, here on this board, we are so far apart that we can only become friends ethereally, unless we meet. Else we may get to know each other fleetingly. But, we all have our own lives and friends too, and just carry on through life as best we can. Take heart Sophie, time will tell, I am sure you can realise who you wish to be, it will never happen overnight. Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby AbbyGray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 am

It can be a total emotional landslide at times, only in the past months have I been able to look in the mirror with out feeling the urge to scream or cry. Photos are even worse, I think I have only posted less than 10 selfies in my life, the amount of nerve that I had to build up to post on here some photos took hours. I was talking to my councilor yesterday, I have total accepted who I am and what I need to do, I just need to learn to love my self and be my self.

When I have bad day (or moments) , one thing that helps is that I look at a picture of me at my most male, then at my most female. I realise yes I need practice with presentation a lot! etc, but I can see the difference between them and while it's just cosmeticsa, cloths and detachable silicone. Yet it's more truly me than the male pictures would ever be as it is the true me is behind the eyes and that is more important than what I look like. Still feel like total poo about how I look, butt it does help take the edge off.

My wife, bless her, told me it's like living with a teenager again with my growing obsession with my presentation, (my repile to this was "wait until I am HRT", her response to that was "wait until you get cellulite!"
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 am

A good thing about a hard day is that it always, always ends and you get to start anew another day.

Simply do your best to get the new day started in a good direction, even if it means throwing away what made yesterday a hard day.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Papillon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:26 am

Life's a bit of a cunt innit?

My boss brought a red rose for each of the ladies at the office today, it being Saint Valen "go fuck yourself" Tino's day today.

Guess who was excluded?

It hurts. So now am I supposed to accept it with a nod of understanding, or feel offended, or what?

I'm learning to tune my give-a-fuck-o-lator to be less generous, but it still hurts.
Papillon
Regular

Postby SophieCantDance » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks, everyone. I cannot express how helpful it is to have an outlet for stuff like this when I am feeling down.

@Papillon this is the best I can do, given that I have no idea where you live ;p
Sophie <3
SophieCantDance

Postby Papillon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am

Oh god now I'm crying.

Thanks a lot hey! :)

Chin up, chickadee.

ETA: I'm your friendly neighbourhood Saffa
Fear is the mind killer.
Papillon
Regular

Postby AbbyGray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am

Papillon wrote:Life's a bit of a cunt innit?

My boss brought a red rose for each of the ladies at the office today, it being Saint Valen "go fuck yourself" Tino's day today.

Guess who was excluded?

It hurts. So now am I supposed to accept it with a nod of understanding, or feel offended, or what?

I'm learning to tune my give-a-fuck-o-lator to be less generous, but it still hurts.

Wow sounds like a total creep! lost for words really,
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Postby Papillon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 am

I dunno.

Anyway, Sophie, how old are you?
Fear is the mind killer.
Papillon
Regular

Postby SophieCantDance » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 am

Just shy of thirty.
Sophie <3
SophieCantDance

Postby Lesley Niyori » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:17 am

Guess who was excluded?

That would result in him learning how much of a female I truly am if he did it to me.

There would be consequences and they would be vicious.

His name and number would end up in embarrassing locations, things would happen to his personal property. Yes, he would reap a lot more than what he sowed.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby Papillon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:57 pm

You're still a spring chicken, Sophie :) Git cracking.

https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-fuck/amp
Fear is the mind killer.
Papillon
Regular

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:53 pm

AbbyGray wrote:

Guess who was excluded?

Wow sounds like a total creep! lost for words really,

I tried to think of a way for you to get revenge without going to jail and/or getting fired, but I couldn't think of anything. You are on your own sister.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby SophieCantDance » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Ha! That is a great essay @Papillon.
Sophie <3
SophieCantDance

Postby Papillon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Always remember Hanlon's razor.
Fear is the mind killer.
Papillon
Regular

Postby Kim 0 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Papillon wrote:Always remember Hanlon's razor.

I've always preferred Occam's brand razors myself, but I do appreciate how you can also get a close shave with Hanlon's brand, too! :wink:

Anything for a smooth set of legs and armpits. Whatever's on sale, really. Sheesh! :mrgreen:
I think I'm actually a sane woman trapped in a lunatics brain.
Kim 0

Return to Transgender Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm