What's up with Susan's Place?

General Transgender Support

What's up with Susan's Place?

Postby DawnF » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:49 am

I registered, and then got multiple emails, always asking for money. Finally, they deleted me off their list.
DawnF

Re: What's up with Susan's Place?

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 am

No loss. The site isn't worth squat.

I once made the mistake of joining, made the mistake of aiding financially, and even though I was giving them money out of my own pocket, money I couldn't really afford, they treated me like shit.

Fuck Susan and fuck her shit hole forum.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby DawnF » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Come on, Lesley, tell us how you really feel!

No, I am just joking, of course! But, after registering, all that I ever got were solicitations for money, and I never had any interaction with them at all, and finally, and quietly, they just removed my email address after several months. By that time, I was posting here.
DawnF

Postby jentay1367 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:35 am

Well, regardless of Susan's inability to connect with others, her site does have value. In a world where our resources are limited, it's another port in the storm for those that connect with it. I have had interaction with her that I found unfair and rude but quickly learned to avoid her. Regarding her constant seeking of money, I'd think she'd be much better off selling advertising on her site. Her written agenda seems to be at odds with her actual desires. So it can be rather frustrating and confusing. Her attitude regarding dosages seems ridiculous given the ease of finding protocol info on the web. So I use it for the anecdotal resource it is and toss out the rest. If you post, your account will not be deleted and her canvassing for money is quite easily ignored as donating is not a requirement. So use it or don't. It's a good source for those questioning their place on the spectrum and not so much for the woman that's more understanding of her proclivities and her place in the world. I guess what I'm saying is don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Last edited by jentay1367 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jentay1367
Regular

Postby DawnF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks. I like this place better, but it is good to know that "Susan" is a real person and not just some web site name.
DawnF

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Susan's Place is a cesspool filled to the brim with Trannier-Than-Thou style cancer. I'll take this rough and tumble forum over that pink haze any day and any time.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've read some of the stuff over there, but not much. This was the first online forum I've ever joined and I enjoy my coffee breaks seeing what everyone is saying and that. It's cool. I've only heard bad things about that one so I won't be joining it. Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Kaylalovescupcakes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:44 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Susan's Place is a cesspool filled to the brim with Trannier-Than-Thou style cancer. I'll take this rough and tumble forum over that pink haze any day and any time.

I've heard the term pink haze before, what's it mean? What do you mean "trannier-than-thou?" I've never been to Susan's Place, but I've heard a lot of crap about it.
Kaylalovescupcakes

Postby Lesley Niyori » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

Pink haze. The last time I heard that, it referred to the time following starting hormone therapy actually :)

When a girl experiences a sudden dose of significant increase in feminine aspects she had not experienced before. I'm told it usually diminishes over time. 3 years on and it hasn't happened to me, but, I don't mind.

Pink is the LAST thing Susan's place makes me think of. I'd be more inclined to suggest shit brown burnt umber :)
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:17 am

Kaylalovescupcakes wrote:
Natasha_Lynn wrote:Susan's Place is a cesspool filled to the brim with Trannier-Than-Thou style cancer. I'll take this rough and tumble forum over that pink haze any day and any time.

I've heard the term pink haze before, what's it mean? What do you mean "trannier-than-thou?" I've never been to Susan's Place, but I've heard a lot of crap about it.

Lesley Niyori's description of the pink haze is technically the accurate one. I was referring more to the general attitude of "omg I feel so gurly, tee hee hee! I'm going to be a stereotypical fifties housewife and have tea parties in my pretty pink pinafore!" This easily leads into the trannier-than-thou mindset, where if you don't measure up to a certain level of femininity or meet certain transition benchmarks that may not even be applicable to you then you are a faker and they are the real trans girls. Leads to cliquishness, bitchiness, and overwhelming levels of stupidity.
Natasha_Lynn

Postby Lesley Niyori » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:55 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:

Lesley Niyori's description of the pink haze is technically the accurate one. I was referring more to the general attitude of "omg I feel so gurly, tee hee hee! I'm going to be a stereotypical fifties housewife and have tea parties in my pretty pink pinafore!" This easily leads into the trannier-than-thou mindset, where if you don't measure up to a certain level of femininity or meet certain transition benchmarks that may not even be applicable to you then you are a faker and they are the real trans girls. Leads to cliquishness, bitchiness, and overwhelming levels of stupidity.

No argument there. I HAVE noticed that sometimes excess is a common reaction during hormone therapy. Not that I can talk :) I'm exceedingly girlie, somewhat old-fashioned and obsessed with being like my mom, a 50s era housewife. The main difference with me is I simply won't support any 'trannier than thou' behaviour in a person.

Not to mention, the transgender world isn't made of just transgender women. So trannier than thou as it is often expressed, isn't even relevant if you are not transgender female. Kinda hard to be all about feminine if you're a guy eh.

Susan's place though is ALL about insider cliques. And it poisons the value of the place.

There is no wrong way to be female. I have actually made as one of my YouTube videos, a discussion of 'What is Female'. If I were to be asked, "how do you know you are female?" the truth is, there's no way to answer the question. So clearly, there's nothing you can do during transition, to make yourself 'female enough' such that you will have reached any magical moment where you finally can answer the question.

There have been certain moments in MY transition that were essential for me, but it is me specific.
I couldn't live with having a penis. It was an absolute. I'm not sure having a functioning vagina has been worth the effort. I haven't been able to find out if having one is any fun yet. I'm left to wonder, is having a man's penis in me any better than a dilator. I can't picture it being any different. I don't consider dilating thrilling. I'd rather not need to do it. I suppose having sex with a man is a good bit different. I hope it is a good bit different :)

But getting vaginoplasty didn't make me more female. It just allowed me to get rid of the penis. And I have friends who are pondering not getting vaginoplasty surgery with canal. And it doesn't make them less female than me. Frankly, the only way life could make me feel utterly female, is to let me get pregnant. And that ain't on the list of options eh. I wasn't born with the womb, I wasn't born with eggs. And some cis females don't get to be moms either.

Trannier than thou, it's as much a jerk move, as is lauding personal wealth over a poor person.
I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that was a trannier than thou sort of individual.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Kaylalovescupcakes » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:13 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Lesley Niyori's description of the pink haze is technically the accurate one. I was referring more to the general attitude of "omg I feel so gurly, tee hee hee! I'm going to be a stereotypical fifties housewife and have tea parties in my pretty pink pinafore!" This easily leads into the trannier-than-thou mindset, where if you don't measure up to a certain level of femininity or meet certain transition benchmarks that may not even be applicable to you then you are a faker and they are the real trans girls. Leads to cliquishness, bitchiness, and overwhelming levels of stupidity.

Ahh I catch your drift. I get that kinda crap now and then for things like being with a cis girl (transbian?), and still doing my "manly" hobbies (woodworking, guns, cars, etc.). Honestly kinda gets to me sometimes. It's like "Well what's an acceptably girly thing to do, then? Just sit on my ass and knit?"
Kaylalovescupcakes

Postby Lesley Niyori » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Lesley Niyori's description of the pink haze is technically the accurate one. I was referring more to the general attitude of "omg I feel so gurly, tee hee hee! I'm going to be a stereotypical fifties housewife and have tea parties in my pretty pink pinafore!" This easily leads into the trannier-than-thou mindset, where if you don't measure up to a certain level of femininity or meet certain transition benchmarks that may not even be applicable to you then you are a faker and they are the real trans girls. Leads to cliquishness, bitchiness, and overwhelming levels of stupidity.

Ahh I catch your drift. I get that kinda crap now and then for things like being with a cis girl (transbian?), and still doing my "manly" hobbies (woodworking, guns, cars, etc.). Honestly kinda gets to me sometimes. It's like "Well what's an acceptably girly thing to do, then? Just sit on my ass and knit?"

Recently I took a few of my Barbie dolls with me to the hobby club meeting. So here I am, dressed in as obvious a female fashion as is possible, and explaining I'm planning to redo some of my Barbies accessories exploiting my model making skills. For instance, my 'Rockstar' Barbie is getting a MUCH better looking electric guitar made for her :) it tends to remind the room of 20 or so guys in the room 'Lesley is a girl'.

That and the regulars tend to chuckle knowingly when I ask new members if they are single :)

I'm known to be a very accomplished model maker. I've worked as a professional architectural modeler.
But it never hurts to reinforce your feminine side.
I once brought a couple of models of WW2 German Panther tanks with me to show off. They were both painted pink :) Inside joke of course, a 'pink panther' eh.

It just shows girls can sometimes see models slightly differently than men. Accurate paint schemes? Heck no, I plan to paint them cute pastel shades hehe.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am

It really sucks when trans people fall into the same trap of demanding everybody follow strict gender roles and expectations. Jesus, you would think they of all people would know better!
Natasha_Lynn

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi Lesley and Natasha!

Oh Lesley, simply Gotta love the Pink Panzer idea! If I'd been around in the WWII then I'd have insisted the Abrahams, Matildas and Russian type tanks all carried pink paint, after they'd blown the Nazi wankers tank up that is!

I do have an almost insatiable penchant for sailing ships and anything to do with them, which is very nerdybirdy but am useless at stuff like model making and that else I'd love to make a huge wooden model of a clipper ship, that would be brillitastic. I bought a model kit of a sailing ship that is in one of many cupboards and sat there for years, I could not do it, it looks too complycated.

Well, I'd say I'm pretty useless at anything practical except decorative stuff, art and writing really and I a bit of a whizz on my sewing machine you know. Which makes me sound like the holier than thou one, but I'm truly not!

And like Lesley, I am a little old fashioned, any man I struck a relationship up with (who would have to be the same age or older than my 57 years), should be more dominant in most aspects of a relationship, as long as they love, care, respect and protect, it's what I'd expect. I could not live with a wimp! But within reason that is. I've had my share of bastards and I would not tolerate total dominance, humiliation, or a single slap.....

Coz I'm old fashioned does not make me holier than thou, it's upbringing, my parents were born in the thirties....

But Pink Panzer..... cool!
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm

I have never tried to be a 'girly girl' so I am very comfortable in a pair of jeans and a nice top. When I first came out, I was troubled with what do I do with the part of Miki I wanted to keep. I love woodworking and had a VERY complete woodworking shop.

Unfortunately, getting retired from a very well paying job meant I had to sell off the woodworking stuff. Fortunately, I have always bought quality tools. The machinery was Italian and I actually made a profit selling that equipment and the hand tools were sold for at least breakeven.

Celia

I too love sailing and sail boats. One of the things I won't be able to do now that my shop is gone is to make a lapstrake rowing/sailing dinghy. Here is an image of a boat I bought the plans to make.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:12 am

Whoh! Miki!

You are clever enough to have made that? It's superbical! yes I love sailing ships and anything to do with them, I remember in Bergen many years ago when the Tall Ships came there for the Tall Ships Race some years ago. I fell in love with them and was entirely jealous of the crews upon them. I soon was telling everyone about how much I enjoyed watching the Tall Ships and found myself upon two friend's little sailing boat, not very big and sailed in the Solent it was lovely. I went a few times with them, (a couple), and I enjoyed it very much!

I read lots about clippers and I have a fascination with the Tea Races of the 19th century and bought some paintings of those races that I have to this day, of Ariel and Taeping and one I can't spell Thermopolidae or something. It must have been wonderful in fine weather to be upon them, but not so in bad weather, I get seasick when it's too choppy you see...
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby DawnF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Yes, very cool boat!
DawnF

Postby Demon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:No loss. The site isn't worth squat.

I once made the mistake of joining, made the mistake of aiding financially, and even though I was giving them money out of my own pocket, money I couldn't really afford, they treated me like shit.

Fuck Susan and fuck her shit hole forum.

Hahaha.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby CALIGINA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:27 pm

I am VERY GLAD that someone has addressed this issue of that Web Site.

I ill try to be polite by not using derogatory terms or swear words.

BTW ANYONE WHO IS ANNOYED BY THEIR PAGES APPEARING IN THEIR GOOGLE/OTHER BROWSER WEB SEARCH RESULTS, PLEASE REPORT THEM AS SPAM AND INADEQUATE CONTENT LIKE I DID. I'D LIKE THAT WEB SITE TO BE PUT OUT FOR GOOD!

Now, here's my experience there:

I joined when I started transitioning, probably at the end of 2009.

I won't deny that it helped me a little bit, just like ANY OTHER TRANS-ORIENTED Web Site would have done the same thing for a novice. But I used that one simply because it overwhelms the trans-related web space so much. Yet it is not very useful because it has so many restrictions, people can't talk about specific dosages, about non-HRT related supplements or products, about "controversial" things like masturbation while crossdressing, and so many other issues. It is incredibly restrictive.

Throughout my stay as a member there, I contributed a bunch of good posts. In fact some of that stuff is still pinned up.

In early November 2015, I posted a reply to a comment that was inadequate IMO because the poster used derogatory terms addressing both women and male parts. So I thumbed down that comment.

Now, this "administrator" character Cindy, who may or may not still be working there, had the nerve to thumb me down because I thumbed down the person using derogatory terms. She said he/she was free to express their opinion and if i thumbed her down for no reason, then she would do the same to me. At that point my "karma" or whatever that was called, was something like 30 something thumbs up, ZERO thumbs down. And I really earned such good reputation.

That unjustified thumb-down really infuriated me. So I wrote directly to her, in a private message, asking her to remove the thumb down, but she ignored me.

Then I proceeded to voice my discontent on my profile page, where I sarcastically wrote, under my picture Avatar something like: "Be careful to disagree with Cindy because you may get an unfair thumb down on your karma." Obviously I did this to attract her attention, since she totally ignored me when I PM'd her. I was expecting for her to simply PM me and tell me to remove that sarcastic comment and discuss a solution for the issue. i mean, who looks at other people's profiles anyways? It's not like I wrote that comment on the main page or something.

Yet instead, this person all of a sudden, blocked all access to the web site to me, banned me for good and now when I GET AN UNWANTED WEB RESULT FOR A WEB SEARCH, EVEN FOR STUFF NOT RELATED TO TRANS STUFF, LIKE SOME MEDICAL ADVICE, BUT THIS ANNOYING SITE'S RESULTS APPEAR, I click the link and a message appears saying something like "access to you has been denied to this web site, this ban is permanent" "reason: THREATENING an administrator." And I immediately reported Susan's Web Site to the web engine I am using, as spam and inadequate content and on the comment field I wrote that I am tired of seeing web search results of that web site, which i am not interested in EVER seeing at all.

I mean what the heck? Indicating in my profile that Cindy thumbs you down for no reason and warning others for this is "threatening" her???

I'd tell tell that web site this: IF YOU DON'T ALLOW ME TO SEE YOUR CONTENT, WHICH ANYWAY I AM NOT INTERESTED IN SEEING ANY MORE, PLEASE DO NOT STAIN MY WEB SEARCH RESULTS WITH YOUR ANNOYING LINKS EVERYWHERE. Susan's has no right to be burdening and overwhelming the internet world with their annoying "content" if they have the nerve to ban people at will just for spite and to demand membership in order to be able to see their content, to boot.

Again, it is up to you people. You can report them. If they have affected you in any way, you SHOULD do it. A web site blocker is too much trouble, extra work and it is not guaranteed to work, and you need it for each navigator you use. So they should make their biased, bigoted and close-minded site, accessible only to friends of their owner and administrators, as opposed to burdening the internet search engines with their content.

Just my opinion and experience.

Have a great day!
CALIGINA
New

Postby jentay1367 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 am

Well...I will agree without naming names that there are some petty tyrants over there. You know the type, the ones that would make good TSA Agents. those people hell bent on proving to you that they're in charge and you're simply a piss ant that they allow to exist. Frankly, it's also why I also quit posting over there. Although frankly, I don't get the whole trannier than thou vibe off the majority of their members. In fact, they're just a little too over the top with the fucking rainbow for my taste. I'm pretty binary and I hate to say it, but they'll break their backs over there to let the stone freak have their say. I've gone voyeur there. I don't plug in and I just lurk at this point. I've met some lovely people there and speak to them periodically off-site.
This particular resource as a forum is by far the best and most democratic presence we have. Yet there's not as much activity here? I have noticed that this site generally attracts a more open minded, bright and articulate crowd than the others. Speaking of the others, there is a particular site I have in mind that has a couple of Mods that may be the biggest control freaks I've ever personally witnessed. Both claim to be women and both do more dick swinging than any arrogant man I've ever met in my entire life. Consequently, you can hear the crickets chirping at that place,And justly so I may add, it's just pointless posting there. The Mods there will literally delete your post for quoting text from a previous post. It's absolutely comical on every god damned level. I won't state the name of the site, but in regards to relativity, it will absolutely make you appreciate Susan's.
These days, when I actually need some information I can use towards my transition, I'll generally consult medical journals, NCBI studies and periodically when I'm just seeking anecdotal stuff, Reddit. All these sites are fun, though. It's a social network, a place to play, not plug in. I don't generallyplug in and don't take any of them seriously, when I have on occasion, I've always regretted it. I appreciate that all of the Mod's, work without pay or remuneration. So I consider that before I spew hatred. Fact is, some of those mods at Susan's, probably use that vehicle for all their friendships. I mean, you can find them there at the ready 24/7. If you truly think about that, there's something really sad about that. So I try not to get to hyper-critical. There by the grace and all that. Were all doing what we can and some of us have a rather tenuous hold. So I guess what I'm saying is, well, it doesn't hurt to be kind. Sure, it's cathartic to shit on all of em', but I'm just not sure it's productive in any way.
jentay1367
Regular

Postby Demon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

jentay1367 wrote:In fact, they're just a little too over the top with the fucking rainbow for my taste. I'm pretty binary and I hate to say it, but they'll break their backs over there to let the stone freak have their say. I've gone voyeur there.

What is a stone freak?
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby jentay1367 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm

What is a stone freak?

Dyed in the wool, inveterate, hardcore over the top head case :lol: :wink:
jentay1367
Regular

Postby Demon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm

jentay1367 wrote: