Transgender bigot(s).

General Transgender Support

Transgender bigot(s).

Postby DawnF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Yeah, he's an old, jerk scientist:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/mi ... sex-change

And, this thread may turn out to be a "hot" one, but I want some insight, because I work with some of these types of people!
DawnF

Re: Transgender bigot(s).

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 pm

This is a FACT. The field of 'science' known as 'psychiatry' is NOT well respected among the real fields of real science.

I for one, couldn't give a flying fuck for any portion of the DSM whatever number it currently is.

I also don't a shit if a shrink has a degree in psychiatry or not. His degree is in a field that's a huge crock of shit as far as any real scientist is concerned, and I would be one of those scientists.

The moment I come up with ANY form of scientific theory if I don't have solid, iron-clad repeatable evidence I get ridiculed cruelly and most viciously.

So the guy in the article, who the fuck cares what he thinks. I wouldn't trust him to shovel snow competently.

Let's not refer to him as a 'scientist'. Jerk is acceptable though.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby DawnF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:40 pm

In the DSM-V, we (transgender folk) have been de-listed.
DawnF

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:43 pm

DawnF wrote:In the DSM-V, we (transgender folk) have been de-listed.

Which is nice of course. But the DSM was never worth anything in the past and isn't worth anything today.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Yes, clearly since we don't know all of the workings of the human brain that means psychiatry is total garbage and should be completely disregarded. I ignore physics myself since we have yet to directly detect dark matter, and I ignore mathematics as well since no one has yet proven or disproven the Riemann hypothesis. It's fun being able to say "fuck you" to gravity and to calculus!
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby marie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Cnsnews a right wing conservative channel quotes some right wing conservative nut job yada yada yada.

Why do you even bring this to our attention? We know these reptiles think we are all mentally ill, deranged perverts.

What point are you making. Yes some people hate us.

I avoid morons like that. Please do us a favour and stop drawing attention to them
I've enough anger and sadness as it is. I don't want to see it here.
Please.
marie

Postby marci » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:22 am

You want insight? Repeat this as often as needed: "He's a fucking moron."

There ya go. :P
Oh I wanna be a rubberband girl...
marci

Postby DawnF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm

I appreciate everyone's comments, really, I do. Yeah, he's some old right-wing nut job, and he has a religious ax to grind, namely, his Roman Catholic belief system.
DawnF

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Is that article showing the best, latest scientific and medical research and teaching ?

Note that the article is from 2015, and the so-called " Dr. " McHugh's ideas, medical beliefs, and practices are from the early 1970's !!!
( How many years out-of-date does that make him and his beliefs ??? Does that make a 1972 Ford Pinto, or a 1972 Chevy Vega the latest, most advanced, best car to drive today ??? )

DawnF wrote:Yeah, he's an old, jerk scientist:
. . . . but I want some insight, because I work with some of these types of people!

Ask them if they believe the same as " Dr. " McHugh ? If they say, " Yes ", then ask them if they drive a Ford Pinto, a Buick Apollo, or an Oldsmobile Omega ? Why not, they are both from the same era ?
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Kaylalovescupcakes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:44 pm

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute here. Hear me out on this. I'm going to wax philosophical a bit.

I don't necessarily agree with yall saying that he's a nutjob or a moron. I don't think he would be in the position that he is if he wasn't an intelligent, well educated man, with plenty of experience in his field. I believe that he really is trying to help people as best he can. I believe that in the pursuit of scientific discovery we need to keep an open mind towards unpleasant truths. You know, it's very possible that we're the ones who are wrong. Maybe we're making things worse for ourselves. Maybe we should be putting our research efforts towards helping people be comfortable with how they were born. Maybe enabling and normalizing abnormal behaviors is actually a bad thing. When people vehemently believe something, they have an almost instinctual negative response to being told that they're wrong. I've said before on here (to..... not so great a response) that we need to be willing to hear people out when they disagree with us (like you're hearing me out now), or else we risk just falling into an echo chamber. Opposing ideas are a good thing. When two people argue, not for the sake of proving that one person is right and the other is wrong, but for the sake of learning from eachother and finding what's true, that's a beautiful thing. I think a lot of people forget this. Maybe he has a point. Maybe the way to help trans people is to help them feel like they don't need to transition. Then again, maybe the way to help trans people is to improve medical technology and procedures to make transition as effective as possible for those who want it. Hell, maybe (and I know this is a crazy idea) the way to help people with gender identity issues is to work with them as individuals to figure out what the best course of action for that specific person is, and to not treat all trans people as one homogeneous group. Surprise, surprise, everyone's different, with different thoughts, feelings, and needs. By declaring "this is what's best for this group of people" you inevitably neglect a portion of that group, especially when talking about a group as diverse as trans people. That can apply to either side of the argument. Is being trans a "disorder"? Well, It's different. It certainly can have a negative impact on people. It doesn't have to though. Whether it's good or bad, it's here, and it's probably not going away. But I'm gonna stop here, or I might just ramble forever.

Who am I to say though? It's the word of highschool dropout against the word of an accomplished psychiatrist. What do I know?

TL;DR wishy washy philosophy, maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, the jury's still out.
Kaylalovescupcakes

Postby Demon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:16 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:
I also don't a shit if a shrink has a degree in psychiatry or not. His degree is in a field that's a huge crock of shit as far as any real scientist is concerned, and I would be one of those scientists.

Agreed. The sooner people realize that pop-psychology is fraud science, the better.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am

McHugh is a Catholic bigot who has referred to transgender women as caricatures, CSNEWS is a fanatical alt-right trash dump for bloggers who couldn't hack it for classy publications like Breitbart, and Johns Hopkins has resumed transgender services and surgeries because they've finally gotten free of McHugh's poisonous influence.

If he represents the sort of both-sides-ism bullshit we're meant to be giving airtime to...

He's wrong. End of story. He's the one scientist saying climate change is false vs the hundreds who say it's true.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Demon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:McHugh is a Catholic bigot who has referred to transgender women as caricatures, CSNEWS is a fanatical alt-right trash dump for bloggers who couldn't hack it for classy publications like Breitbart, and Johns Hopkins has resumed transgender services and surgeries because they've finally gotten free of McHugh's poisonous influence.

If he represents the sort of both-sides-ism bullshit we're meant to be giving airtime to...

He's wrong. End of story. He's the one scientist saying climate change is false vs the hundreds who say it's true.

Well its not the end of the story, because it would be helpful to the community if you went in more detail.
For example, hugh claims that giving sex-changes increases the chances of suicide. I would like for you to address this and telling me if he is lying and posting fake facts.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 am

Demon wrote:Well its not the end of the story, because it would be helpful to the community if you went in more detail.
For example, hugh claims that giving sex-changes increases the chances of suicide. I would like for you to address this and telling me if he is lying and posting fake facts.

Jesus Christ.

But because you are needlessly dense: http://transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

Hint: the author of the actual study smacks this bullshit down.

If McHugh tells us next that HRT causes trans people to become serial killers, will you demand that we disprove him, or can we just assume that he is some anti-trans crackpot with an axe to grind?
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby DawnF » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Uh, guns kill people... Oh, wrong post.

I have never been happier since beginning my transition!

:-)
DawnF

Postby Demon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
Demon wrote:Well its not the end of the story, because it would be helpful to the community if you went in more detail.

Jesus Christ.

But because you are needlessly dense: http://transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

Hint: the author of the actual study smacks this bullshit down.

If McHugh tells us next that HRT causes trans people to become serial killers, will you demand that we disprove him, or can we just assume that he is some anti-trans crackpot with an axe to grind?

I think it is you who are dense because here i am trying to help the community and you cant even follow along the implied script. I wish you would have just posted the link without your usual antagonistic drivel towards me.

A random neutral or random bigot reading this thread isn't gonna google anything, and just assume we are wrong, so in the course of a discussion the facts are required anything else is a sign of weakness. So i appreciate you posting the link to it so that any future persons reading the thread will have evidence showing the man is wrong. But i wish you would have read between the lines and followed the script because now it is just awkward.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby DawnF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm

McHugh reminds me of The Bell Curve from the 90s.
DawnF

Postby jentay1367 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:52 pm

this clown is the king of transphobes and haters and has been the poster child for the "position" for some time. He's been discredited by many in his field. He belongs on the same ash heap as Ray Blanchard. and uses ipso facto logic to enforce a position of hatred and divisiveness. Oh, and he's an asshole too. :P
jentay1367
Regular

Postby kris » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Natasha_Lynn wrote:It's fun being able to say "fuck you" to gravity and to calculus!

I remember this one time a venemous spider of a particular species bit me. Thought I was going to die, but then I looked closer and realized the taxonomic fuckery going on. So I says to the spider, I says, “Nice try bud, but your status as a species is bs; you are at best a subspecies of this non-venomous spider.” And thus the hokeyness of taxonomy saved my life.
kris

Postby Kaylalovescupcakes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:11 pm

This came up on my FB memories yesterday. It seemed relevant.

Kaylalovescupcakes

Postby helen2b » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:38 am

Why did I just know you were talking about "Dr" Paul McHugh without even clicking the link. Yeah, disregard him, his religion has poisoned his objectivity concerning us and besides, he's largely been discredited anyhow for cherry-picking data.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out @ work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017
BA...13/07/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby DawnF » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Well, stated! That was my impression, but I wanted the board's feedback, also, and you sum things up perfectly!!

:D
DawnF

Return to Transgender Discussion

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm