A statement

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

A statement

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

To the members of this board regarding the lax nature of my own moderation lately; normally we play it pretty loose here, try not to get too heavy handed, and in large part I think that's to the benefit of the board. But of late it's been clearly been too lax,and due to RL issues I haven't been as attentive as perhaps I should have been. I can't promise that's going to totally turn around anytime soon, as at least some portion of these RL issues are going to persist for some time, but I'm going to try.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Re: A statement

Postby dreamin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm

sorry about your RL issues *hug* ...please know i'll continue to be JUST as shitty as i always am, tho i'll not unnecessarily ramp it up just 'cause you're back's turned a bit

probably
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Be well.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby DawnF » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:46 pm

What's an "RL issue"? Sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive but I am still very new to all of this.

Thanks.
DawnF

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

"RL" = "Real Life"
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:41 am

In my case specifically, dealing with new house and expenses and getting ready for surgery and kind of freaking out about the surgeon up at the University of Michigan so exploring Chicago options but worried about what kind of support structure I could have there for recovery.

Oh, and just finished digging and then refilling a 24 foot long trench to extend one of our drainpipes out away from our house today. Ugh.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby DawnF » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Oh, sorry; acronyms! I wish you the very best!!
DawnF

Postby zoetrope » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:38 pm

Ban them.

BAN THEM ALL.

And all the best for everything in RL.
As you get older, you don't get wiser. You get irritable. - Doris Lessing

Dywed yn dda am dy gyfaill, am dy elyn dywed ddim.
zoetrope

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:49 pm

zoetrope wrote:Ban them.

BAN THEM ALL.

Ban them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

zoetrope wrote:And all the best for everything in RL.

Seconded.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 pm

RL is way overrated !
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:31 am

zoetrope wrote:Ban them.

BAN THEM ALL.

And all the best for everything in RL.

Burn them? Burn them all, you say? What a lovely idea, I DO so enjoy a good bonfire.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:33 am

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:

RL is way overrated !

This is why I avoid it as much as possible...
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Lucy-chan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Sorry to hear you got issues....

If only I'd known... I could of gotten away with far more shit. :wink:
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby PentacleGoddess » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am

Grrrrrr, don't make me quote fake bible quotes from Pulp Fiction at you
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Michi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 pm

I thought RL meant Rude Language. I'd help if I could. If you did decide on Chicago i could pick you up if you took the ferry across Lake Michi and go with you and back in the train there and be welcome to stay in my dilapidated flat in MKE.
Michi

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Michi wrote:I thought RL meant Rude Language. I'd help if I could. If you did decide on Chicago i could pick you up if you took the ferry across Lake Michi and go with you and back in the train there and be welcome to stay in my dilapidated flat in MKE.

Haha, I use plenty enough rude language without having to come up with an acronym for it :lol: I appreciate the offer; it looks increasingly likely that I am going to go with Schechter in Chicago; his staff seems way more on the ball, they seem way more invested in having me as a patient than UofM does, he had pictures ready to show me at my consult and had answers for all my questions before I even asked them. Assuming insurance works out, it's likely where I'm going to end up at. But it won't be until at least some time after March so I can use FMLA at work, because to hell with taking a month and a half off without pay, lol.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm