Health costs

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Health costs

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Lori Wing-Heir, the director of Alaska’s Division of Insurance, said premiums have increased 203% since 2013, which means someone paying $344 per month in 2013 is paying $1,041 per month in 2017.

John Doak, Oklahoma’s insurance commissioner, said state premiums have risen 130% since 2013, and that Oklahoma’s individual insurance market is facing a potential collapse. The state is now down to only one carrier option, down from five carriers just three years ago.

As 4 billion people world wide live on less than $3 a day just the American cost of the medical industry puts Americans above half the world in income. None of the health care costs are being challenged such as malpractice insurance or drug costs. The limited amount of doctors allowed in medical school or the high profits made on medical equipment. This medical industry is draining over 15% of the GNP.

Savings could be done by making things simple. For example cash only doctors charge half that of those that have to document everything for insurance. The millions that work for insurance companies along with medicare and medicaid and all the fraud saved with dealing with cash from a medical savings account. No need to pay lawyers and court costs.
lisagurl

Re: Health costs

Postby nexyjo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 pm

and then what happens to all the people who lose their jobs that depend on the medical insurance industry?

No, the only solution is a single payer health program.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:17 am

nexyjo wrote:No, the only solution is a single payer health program.

Repeat, often -

The only solution is a single payer health program.

Think Medicare for all with Advantage type programs to keep the higher costs affordable - and Medicaid for those who cannot afford health insurance.

I had contracted a bird type flu (Human metapneumovirus [hMPV]) early last year and spent 8 days in isolation - retail cost >$100,000.

I have Medicare with Blue Shield Advantage - my out of pocket cost - ZERO, NADA, NOTHING. And this was at one of the best (read: expensive) hospitals in the United States - Stanford Hospital.

Also, my heart condition was congenital so typical private health insurance wouldn't have covered it as it was a 'pre-existing condition'.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:40 am

Washington (CNN)When Insys Therapeutics got approval to sell an ultra-powerful opioid for cancer patients with acute pain in 2012, it soon discovered a problem: finding enough cancer patients to use the drug.

To boost sales, the company allegedly took patients who didn't have cancer and made it look like they did.
The drug maker used a combination of tactics, such as falsifying medical records, misleading insurance companies and providing kickbacks to doctors in league with the company, according to a federal indictment and ongoing congressional investigation by Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Democrat from Missouri.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:50 am

nexyjo wrote:and then what happens to all the people who lose their jobs that depend on the medical insurance industry?

No, the only solution is a single payer health program.

Most Americans are holding jobs for just busy work such as truck drivers that soon will be robots. A single payer system invites fraud and takes away the power of the patient to withhold payment from bad doctors. The question is how to employ millions doing work that benefits both them and humanity. In the past it was the space program. If humanity is intent on growth on a finite planet we better be looking for an additional planet to grow onto. Most medical procedures extent life but lower the quality of that life. At a cost to all of humanity. It is just greed the same greed that drives the medical industry.

Perhaps we need to edit genes before a child is born as that would save medical resources. But then doctors would be out of work. Maybe with all these people not working we could offer only a 20 hour work week to everyone but only half the consumption as well. Just think of the kind of work we would have with everyone more equal in buying power.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

New research from Princeton economist Alan Krueger suggests a significant portion of the decline in labor-force participation among Americans in their prime working years could be linked to the opioid epidemic.

When the health industry does not have to be responsible to the patient payer, insurance is all about profits not your health. Even Government run insurance is about employees making money not the quality of care.
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 am

lisagurl wrote:When the health industry does not have to be responsible to the patient payer, insurance is all about profits not your health. Even Government run insurance is about employees making money not the quality of care.

Hence the need for single payer coverage and if you think government employees make a lot of money, then you really don't know much.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Danette Celeste » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:37 pm

With 40 years of healthcare experience, most of it in direct patient care, and most under a single payer system, I find the following statement to be one of the most insipidly naive statements I've ever read:
For example cash only doctors charge half that of those that have to document everything for insurance.

There is not doubt that the documentation load is significant, I've chafed against that my entire career. Factors that drive documentation requirements are many, including reimbursement and medico-legal and quality management. In a cash system, the only thing that changes is the payer. Any dispute about the quality of services rendered is going to be resolved on the record of treatment. A cash payment structure also will not put the consumer in a position of strength as the average consumer is completely unprepared, on their own, to challenge the quality of care they've received. The fact that there was a less than desirable outcome is not a de facto indication that the quality of care rendered was deficient. Bad shit happens even under the best of circumstances by the best of providers.

Can this be better? Of course it can, but the pathway to that end isn't as simple as switching to a cash system or any other silver bullet solution. In my opinion, based on my experience, a single payer system has the potential to resolve most of the ills we see in the American Health Care System.

And this has to be one of the most arrogant, judgmental statements of all time:
Most Americans are holding jobs for just busy work such as truck drivers that soon will be robots.
Advancing technology has impacted economies across the world throughout history and there's no reason to think that won't continue. But to say that people are holding jobs as busy work reflects a childish and completely tone-deaf understanding of the realities most people, not only in America, but across the world live with each day.
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:21 pm

lisagurl, you've thus far managed to advocate for eugenics and a lack of regulation in the health industry in a single thread. I'm honestly not sure how you see these things as anything other than an utterly terrible idea.

Libertarianism does not work, particularly in the health insurance industry, and is a fundamentally damaging idea to people who don't have the same privileges you do.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 pm

No patient is average especially transgender.

In Towers Watson’s most recent global workforce study, less than half (44%) of the U.S. hospital workforce overall was highly engaged. That leaves a large proportion of employees across all workforce segments feeling somewhat disconnected from their hospital system and its goals, and unsupported to some extent in doing their jobs well. The study also shows a strong relationship between employees’ level of engagement and their likelihood to remain with their employer, with just 17% of the highly engaged hospital workers interested in other employment options versus 43% of the disengaged group. Improving engagement therefore carries another important advantage for the many hospitals already competing to find and keep a dwindling supply of people with critical skills, especially in clinical areas.

It is up to the individual to be educated on health care. There is plenty of information on this machine as machines have beat doctors at diagnosis in fact the doctors use them.
Blue says doctors are bucking the traditional insurance-based payment model for various reasons.

Some grow tired of dealing with the bureaucracy of insurance. As an example, Blue points to the transition to ICD-10, which NPR describes as "a vast new set of alphanumeric codes for describing diseases and injuries in unprecedented detail." The change, which occurred last week and was mandated by the federal government, "represents a disruptive administrative hassle," Blue says.

Here's another big reason: Some primary care providers see insurance payments for patient visits as being low, while operating costs are high. He says that's forcing some doctors to feel as if they need to work faster and see more patients, to the point that they worry they might be compromising the quality of the care they're providing.

"I could not do my job in the old system," says Dr. Marcy Zwelling, an internist who's run a cash-based practice in Los Alamitos since 2004. "It had nothing to do with money; it had to do with being able to perform my job adequately."
Blue says their numbers have been growing by 25 percent a year over the past four years.

He points out that a significant proportion of those doctors are here in California. In parts of Orange County, and in cities like Santa Monica and Menlo Park, physicians who don't take insurance are "incredibly common – almost more the norm than the exception," he says.
"This is something that really is satisfying a growing appetite among consumers – those who are under 65 and not on Medicare – to just know what things cost and have some consumer transparency, like we have in every other area of our purchasing lives," Blue says
Blue responds that physicians who don't take insurance are held accountable by their patients, who can make the decision each month to stay with their doctor or find a new on

Once, when contemplating the apparently endless growth of administrative responsibilities in British academic departments, I came up with one possible vision of hell. Hell is a collection of individuals who are spending the bulk of their time working on a task they don’t like and are not especially good at. Say they were hired because they were excellent cabinet-makers, and then discover they are expected to spend a great deal of their time frying fish. […]There’s only a very limited number of fish that need to be fried. Yet somehow, they all become so obsessed with resentment at the thought that some of their co-workers might be spending more time making cabinets, and not doing their fair share of the fish-frying responsibilities, that before long there’s endless piles of useless badly cooked fish piling up all over the workshop and it’s all that anyone really does.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 pm

MikiSJ wrote:
lisagurl wrote:When the health industry does not have to be responsible to the patient payer, insurance is all about profits not your health. Even Government run insurance is about employees making money not the quality of care.

Hence the need for single payer coverage and if you think government employees make a lot of money, then you really don't know much.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2016/09/21/ave ... on-123160/
lisagurl

Postby nexyjo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 pm

lisagurl wrote:...
Most Americans are holding jobs for just busy work such as truck drivers that soon will be robots...

Truck drivers are just doing busy work? Maybe you should wait until the robots start delivering your staples. We'll see how long you last. Or not. I have to think your computer will break down long before that time. What'll you do for a new microprocessor? Grow one in your garden? Smelt it from iron ore from the cave next door, using the copper from the vein running through your local mountain, along with the gold and coal? How are your soldering tips holding out? How about your supply of solder? Plastic insulation for your wires from the oil well running under your property? Hope your solar panels are holding up.

Tourists :roll:
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm

Danette Celeste wrote:There is not doubt that the documentation load is significant, I've chafed against that my entire career. Factors that drive documentation requirements are many, including reimbursement and medico-legal and quality management. In a cash system, the only thing that changes is the payer. Any dispute about the quality of services rendered is going to be resolved on the record of treatment. A cash payment structure also will not put the consumer in a position of strength as the average consumer is completely unprepared, on their own, to challenge the quality of care they've received. The fact that there was a less than desirable outcome is not a de facto indication that the quality of care rendered was deficient. Bad shit happens even under the best of circumstances by the best of providers.

Can this be better? Of course it can, but the pathway to that end isn't as simple as switching to a cash system or any other silver bullet solution. In my opinion, based on my experience, a single payer system has the potential to resolve most of the ills we see in the American Health Care System.

For as long as I have read your first posts on this board, I have been impressed with your hands on knowledge and common sense approach to describing the medical system in the U.S.
Danette Celeste wrote:ed.In my opinion, based on my experience, a single payer system has the potential to resolve most of the ills we see in the American Health Care System.

This!
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 am

jentay1367 wrote:
Perhaps we need to edit genes before a child is born as that would save medical resources. But then doctors would be out of work. Maybe with all these people not working we could offer only a 20 hour work week to everyone but only half the consumption as well. Just think of the kind of work we would have with everyone more equal in buying power.

Cool...eugenics. If only Maria Schicklgruber had been able to take your sage advice.

Better than over population of the cognitive impaired. Survival of humanity requires adjusting population to resources.

As far as pied pipers go flocks follow those who feed them.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:12 am

News broke last week that a VA medical center had to amputate a veteran’s leg in 2016 because doctors had mistakenly placed manufacturer’s plastic inside it during an operation. Doc Thompson and Kal Elsebai talked about the latest example of VA malpractice

Praise for the Government run medical industry.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:21 am

Jentay Tell me exactly how to you propose to solve the human condition of greed that has over populated the earth beyond the resources to support all of human life? What i point out is solutions that do not meet a social emotional test. Fact is emotions that are for survival 50,000 years ago do not meet the challenge of the human environment today. Evolution has a solution but it will create a huge amount of suffering in the future.

If man kind can not expand to other worlds then we need to save the one we have till we can move. Growth is not an option to world population, yet it is the foundation of the world economy. We need to fix the foundation.

First we have to admit that not all humans are equal in ability. They must be equal under the laws that maintain civilization. No government equally enforces the laws. Tell me where that leads to.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 am

I tried to pick the best doctors for my transition. San Francisco for plastic surgery, Thailand for SRS, Dallas for removing hair, and GP for the chemistry. It cost over $100K without the benefits of insurance which maybe was $10K. Over my life time insurance cost me and some employers. $500K. It was a big money losing bet. Same with FICA. If i invested the both parts mine and the business costs I would have several million today to support my retirement. Fact is government does not handle money very well. Exactly what is the risk to humanity to not support those that can not survive on their own cognitive ability? What is the risk to have increased population of people that do not have survival ability in today's conditions?

Could it be that governments are playing genetic roulette?
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 pm

lisagurl wrote:If i invested the both parts mine and the business costs I would have several million today to support my retirement.

Of course, if you had to pull all of your investment out the day Lehman crashed, then you would have had very little - would you???

The government is restricted in what it can invest FICA monies in - and that is a very good thing.

A very good thing!
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:48 pm

MikiSJ wrote:
lisagurl wrote:If i invested the both parts mine and the business costs I would have several million today to support my retirement.

Of course, if you had to pull all of your investment out the day Lehman crashed, then you would have had very little - would you???

The government is restricted in what it can invest FICA monies in - and that is a very good thing.

A very good thing!

Not a problem investments have humps and even the day before the 29 crash you would still be a billionaire. The media makes markets changes emotional entertainment. fact is i did have 401k and Ira during that time and still made 7 figures. Do not believe the media especially when they hype the facts. The key is invested in reality not derivatives. Most people need soap and water even in a crash.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Exactly what is happiness? An emotional feeling? Is a Martyr happy with their decision? The religious dogma including Jesus tell of a higher virtue than self indulgence. then we have the butterfly effect and or other small energies moving great hindrances in human life. You talk of Hitler, while his motives might of been flawed his presentation lifted a people out of depression. being pragmatic without facts will get you into trouble. But there is always failure at most turns that require tenacious learning from each failure. An example is Elon Musk , giving up is not an option.

Knowing and doing are two different things also. I do not feel it is my obligation to entertain or agree with family and friends. At least you get to choose friends no so with family. Just because family shares genes does not mean they are friends.

To answer Miki the other idea about investments the government makes the rules as dumb as they are. Tax rules and investment rules are like playing monopoly. The longer in the game the better you fair. General economic growth is part of what the government controls. It has to have growth to survive its debt. So if growth goes so does the country. With that thought index funds over long time periods have a 12% growth. Things like mortgage rates/ inflation are government / federal reserve controlled. How to play the game borrow at low interest get tax breaks invest at high returns and take advantage of tax breaks. It depends on your income as to the best way to do that. Roth IRA, 401K, IRA, limited partnerships, etc. Nothing worth while is simple unless you recognize Occam's razor.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 pm

I am trying to show that one size does not fit all. If the masses force their imagination on how they want life to be on the rest of the population it can only lead to destruction of the very resources that let you live in your dreams. You do not eat love or stay safe with empathy.
lisagurl

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:49 pm

lisagurl wrote:
News broke last week that a VA medical center had to amputate a veteran’s leg in 2016 because doctors had mistakenly placed manufacturer’s plastic inside it during an operation. Doc Thompson and Kal Elsebai talked about the latest example of VA malpractice

Woah you're right this one anecdote totally counteracts all of the many thousands of lives saved by the VA burn it down burn it all down
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Danette Celeste » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

lisagurl wrote:

Pick any community hospital, regional or academic medical center, teaching institution or major health system and they will have the very same experience. I've encountered examples like this in the literature my entire career and it happens everywhere. Healthcare, and especially surgical care is high risk by definition. It's based upon systems designed and performed by humans. Bad shit happens in every hospital. Most work very hard and have excruciatingly detailed methods to examine events like these to identify all factors - human and system, that lead to an event like this.

I'm not sure what you are quoting, but the description of the error - "placed manufacturer's plastic inside it" makes no sense. Plastic what? Quoting an unattributed statement containing no facts supporting the allegation in the statement renders the statement meaningless and illustrates you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Your final statement reflects your bias in sharp objective relief. You've offered a single, general example and from that painted an entire system with the same brush. Do some research and hold yourself to the same intellectual rigor you seem to expect from your examples. There is publicly available quality of care data at your disposal - exercise some intellectual honesty and support your position - to do otherwise is lazy, disingenuous and is a perfect example of the faulty generalization logic error. Which, in the final analysis places everything you've said in doubt as to its veracity.

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 am

Kymriah, recently approved by the F.D.A., is the first of a coming wave of treatments whose expected prices have alarmed economists, scientists and insurers.

The concept is with money you can buy a longer life. But there is not enough money or resources to provide everyone with a longer life. At $500K a pop insurance will exceed most people's income. The idea is how and how much health care do we provide to who. These questions were sweep under the carpet by the government.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Danette Celeste wrote:
lisagurl wrote:

Pick any community hospital, regional or academic medical center, teaching institution or major health system and they will have the very same experience. I've encountered examples like this in the literature my entire career and it happens everywhere. Healthcare, and especially surgical care is high risk by definition. It's based upon systems designed and performed by humans. Bad shit happens in every hospital. Most work very hard and have excruciatingly detailed methods to examine events like these to identify all factors - human and system, that lead to an event like this.

I'm not sure what you are quoting, but the description of the error - "placed manufacturer's plastic inside it" makes no sense. Plastic what? Quoting an unattributed statement containing no facts supporting the allegation in the statement renders the statement meaningless and illustrates you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Your final statement reflects your bias in sharp objective relief. You've offered a single, general example and from that painted an entire system with the same brush. Do some research and hold yourself to the same intellectual rigor you seem to expect from your examples. There is publicly available quality of care data at your disposal - exercise some intellectual honesty and support your position - to do otherwise is lazy, disingenuous and is a perfect example of the faulty generalization logic error. Which, in the final analysis places everything you've said in doubt as to its veracity.

~ Liz

yes i am lazy and do not intend to profit from writing a book on how the medical system screws the public and how the VA exceeds the normal percent of errors. Almost all public health systems are bottom tier as those with money and power jump to the top. Would you see Trump or Putin waiting for a doctors attention?
When i was in Thailand they have a public health care system. As a paying customer i was automatically in the front of the line and got first calls service as those regular citizens waited for second class treatment. Many were their from GB because of the poor socialistic health system in the home country. It takes years to get SRS or even minimum transgender care.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Overall, the findings show that the world is becoming healthier, but progress is uneven. People are living longer, but with more disease,"
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 am

Many insurers are limiting access to pain medications that carry a lower risk of dependence. Experts say it’s because opioid drugs are generally cheap while safer alternatives are often more expensive.
ProPublica and The New York Times found that almost every Medicare prescription drug plan covered common opioids and very few required any prior approval.

NYT
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am

Great job posting four times in a row.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:37 pm

The average cost of health coverage offered by employers pushed toward $19,000 for a family plan this year, while the share of firms providing insurance continued to edge lower, according to a survey.

It simply is not possible to give everyone health care to the limits of technology. Fact is resources can be used in a better way to keep healthy people healthy rather than keep sick people alive for a few more months.
lisagurl

Postby PentacleGoddess » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Seriously, do you not understand how cold-blooded that sounds? Honest question, are you legitimately medically incapable of empathy?
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm

lisagurl wrote:It simply is not possible to give everyone health care to the limits of technology. Fact is resources can be used in a better way to keep healthy people healthy rather than keep sick people alive for a few more months.

Like resources on bizarro doctors with no evil government certification or formalized training process outside of working the deli counter at a grocery store?

PentacleGoddess wrote:Seriously, do you not understand how cold-blooded that sounds? Honest question, are you legitimately medically incapable of empathy?

Something tells me she is medically incapable of a lot of things...
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:Seriously, do you not understand how cold-blooded that sounds? Honest question, are you legitimately medically incapable of empathy?

Nature rules earth not humans or emotions. Nature was here before and will be after humans serve their temporary stay. You want to hear the lies and propaganda of the politicians telling you what you believe. In the big picture resources are finite. Health costs are a product of many people making a living at your expense. Examples are malpractice insurance which you are forced to pay in your medical insurance and government supported health payments. The stock holders of all the medical industry corporations feed off of monthly payment of insurance. Computer companies with all the data collections get there share and the list goes on.

In the big picture billions do not have the health services you have. In the big picture 5000 children and 23000 adults died today and every day due to lack of food or clean water while the American family is paying $19,000 a year to upkeep the bureaucracy of clerks and middle management shuffling paper about your lost money.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 am

States Need $645 Billion to Pay Full Health-Care Costs
New accounting guidelines urge local governments to put their full health costs on their balance sheets

Health care for everyone to no limits is not feasible or possible. The propaganda and debt is coming to a wall.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/920442.Public_Opinion?from_search=true

Last edited by lisagurl on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Scientists have developed a “chatbot” to advise patients about their end-of-life care, according to New Scientist.

Everyone passes away it is not cold.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Progressive Hollywood celebrities and self-titled socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders have pointed to Venezuela as an example of socialism working. In 2011, Sanders said that “the American dream is more apt to be realized in South America, in places such as Ecuador, Venezuela and Argentina.”

The oil-rich nation has been plunged into poverty and chaos. People are living from meal to meal, taking turns to dig through trash to try to find scraps of food and resorting to zoo animals, rats and dogs for meat. Children are starving to death at unprecedented rates.

To expect your fellow citizens to support your lifestyle does not work. Each must use their own abilities to make the best life they can. It requires not taking health risks that drain your income. Studies are now pointing to football before the age of 12 leads to poor behavior and health problems.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:54 pm

C-C-C-C-COMBO-BREAKER!
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 pm

Electric lights, television and computer screens, longer commutes, the blurring of the line between work and personal time, and a host of other aspects of modern life have contributed to sleep deprivation, which is defined as less than seven hours a night.

But this has been linked to cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, obesity and poor mental health among other health problems. In short, a lack of sleep is killing us.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:48 pm

lisagurl wrote:
Electric lights, television and computer screens, longer commutes, the blurring of the line between work and personal time, and a host of other aspects of modern life have contributed to sleep deprivation, which is defined as less than seven hours a night.

But this has been linked to cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, obesity and poor mental health among other health problems. In short, a lack of sleep is killing us.

Just become a vampire, duh.
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 pm

The idea is under forced insurance you pay for other people's bad habits. I do not know about you but being healthy is the greatest feeling knowing you are responsible for the feeling. Not to mention a better mindset and enjoyment of being alive. Yes we all die just some suffer much more than others. Many cause their own suffering and expect others to pick up the tab.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm

lisagurl wrote:The idea is under forced insurance you pay for other people's bad habits. I do not know about you but being healthy is the greatest feeling knowing you are responsible for the feeling. Not to mention a better mindset and enjoyment of being alive. Yes we all die just some suffer much more than others. Many cause their own suffering and expect others to pick up the tab.

Yeah, those lazy bums with their congenital heart conditions and their childhood leukemia. Bootstraps, motherfucker!
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 am

Large ships are responsible for a sizeable share of the world's greenhouse gas emissions

Most everything in the world is connected to the other. Taking risky bad behavior has a calculated probability and cause and effect. Unknowns happen because life is subject to entropy and natural effect of energy.

There is plenty of volunteer compassion to go around without creating hate by forcing it. But greed in getting your emotional candy Trumps the list.

Sapience trumps sentience.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 pm

If you live in Wyoming, California, Florida, Texas, Georgia or another state with skyrocketing premiums, “you will expect to see a 50 percent increase in your premium for 2018,”

DM
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

jentay1367 wrote:
lisagurl wrote: . Many cause their own suffering and expect others to pick up the tab.

I hope every fucking penny of your transition was self funded. Christ almighty, you take more relish in creating yourself a pariah than any person I've ever met. You realize your stupendously outrageous posts meet the perfect definition of trolling, right?

To the tune of 100K yes every penny earned. But then it took me years to save that. You know life is what you make it not what handouts you can get. Respect is earned in different cultures. To conform to the status quo takes acting not individuality. Today is fantastic blend of life, health, and nature. Getting frustrated with learning is all part of knowing more about what was unknown before.

The problem with consuming more resources than are created means debt is just a promise many can not return. In the big picture when debt is ignored everything fails. My posts only relate to reality not what people want reality to be.
lisagurl

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 pm

Oh, I sure don't want to post here......

I'm a Canadian, you know, one of those annoying socialists I suppose you call us.

Yeah, I had to wait in line, and yes, it was a long lineup. And yes I complained a lot while I waited.

3 years really sucks when it's the first day of the wait. Being told to prove it in regards to my need was offensive. But I did it anyway. The alternative was spending a lot of time being paid to give oral sex for men who wanted kinky sex with a transgender woman. Not my idea of a safe or desirable choice.

I'm as poor as sin, I live well below the poverty line. I can't even afford to smoke or drink. I have no vices because I can't afford them. Well, the upside is my apartment is nice and I have nice food in the freezer. There's no car and partying.

But I still managed to obtain what I speculate was 30k in medical procedures for vaginoplasty and breast augmentation. Not to mention travel costs and a lot of recuperation care.

Cost for this came out of the government pocket. But that's why I never bitch about taxes. We all pay or we all lose. And you just never know when life is going to change you from a healthy worker to a burden on society eh. So it's dangerous to hate on something you might suddenly need.

I do my best to shop locally. I do whatever I can, to funnel all of my pension into local businesses. I try to make my pension as good for anyone around me, as much as for myself.

It simply boggles my imagination that the all-powerful USA can't figure out what we are doing in Canada.

But we also don't have as many nasty hateful people not wanting to help out those in need.

I don't think Canadian Healthcare is perfect. Far from it. But it saved my life eh. I wouldn't be alive today if I wasn't a Canadian. I'm not sure I'd have picked sex worker. I'd likely have joined the 40%
Just trying to cope.
email is sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:33 am

The idea is to contribute to humanity using your abilities. Sex is hardly a virtue or helping humanity progress. If human are equal it is just a matter of learning skills that are needed and pay enough to get the resources you need and a few you desire. It seems so many people do not learn about values and those that contribute to the good. It is part genetic makeup and part environment.

If Canada has such a good system why are people resorting to sex to survive? It seems to me that it is not an equal society but one of some being dominant over others. Yes people in Canada bribe the medical community to not wait on lines. Some go to other countries with cash to make happen what they want. You can tell when traveling in Canada and you get to Alaska that the road becomes paved.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Much of that area is due to private investment not socialism.
lisagurl

Postby Lesley Niyori » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:16 pm

lisagurl wrote:The idea is to contribute to humanity using your abilities. Sex is hardly a virtue or helping humanity progress. If human are equal it is just a matter of learning skills that are needed and pay enough to get the resources you need and a few you desire. It seems so many people do not learn about values and those that contribute to the good. It is part genetic makeup and part environment.

If Canada has such a good system why are people resorting to sex to survive? It seems to me that it is not an equal society but one of some being dominant over others. Yes people in Canada bribe the medical community to not wait on lines. Some go to other countries with cash to make happen what they want. You can tell when traveling in Canada and you get to Alaska that the road becomes paved.

You forgot to make a point somewhere.
Just trying to cope.
email is sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby kris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:43 pm

lisagurl wrote:If Canada has such a good system why are people resorting to sex to survive?

Well, it is typically cheaper than artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization. Nothing against those methods when needed, but for the average person, the ol' fashioned means of procreation might be the most pragmatic.

You can tell when traveling in Canada and you get to Alaska that the road becomes paved.

Are you under the impression roads in Canada are not paved?
kris

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Humans do not survive on sex alone. In fact it is not needed when we have a medical system.

I have traveled from one side of Canada to the other and to Hudson bay. Highway one is paved but going north much of the paving ends. Like Alaska they use frozen rivers to drive on.

The point is when socialism takes over commerce the worker has little incentive to improve humanity.

"Socialist Entrepreneurs: Embourgeoisement in Rural Hungary" by Ivan Szelenyi
Last edited by lisagurl on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisagurl

Postby kris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Do you ever read your own posts?
kris

Next

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm