What is your purpose?

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

What is your purpose?

Postby lisagurl » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Life is worth living when you have purpose especially in contributing to humanity.
lisagurl

Re: What is your purpose?

Postby PentacleGoddess » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:22 pm

I exist to usher humanity into the Endless Night, where their screams will only serve to reinforce the prison of their own mind; their anguish feeding my master R'yelth, their flesh grist for the endless mill of unavoidable existence. My tentacles encircle the Earth thrice, and there is no escape. No reprieve. The worst of your existence to now will be but a pleasant memory, slowly fading to a drone most literal as the hive grows slowly inside of you and hatches from within.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 pm

PentacleGoddess wrote:I exist to usher humanity into the Endless Night, where their screams will only serve to reinforce the prison of their own mind; their anguish feeding my master R'yelth, their flesh grist for the endless mill of unavoidable existence. My tentacles encircle the Earth thrice, and there is no escape. No reprieve. The worst of your existence to now will be but a pleasant memory, slowly fading to a drone most literal as the hive grows slowly inside of you and hatches from within.

My purpose is to not piss off PentacleGoddess.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:37 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:I exist to usher humanity into the Endless Night, where their screams will only serve to reinforce the prison of their own mind; their anguish feeding my master R'yelth, their flesh grist for the endless mill of unavoidable existence. My tentacles encircle the Earth thrice, and there is no escape. No reprieve. The worst of your existence to now will be but a pleasant memory, slowly fading to a drone most literal as the hive grows slowly inside of you and hatches from within.

First thing that sprang into my mind too.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby nexyjo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:48 am

yummy, tentacles.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:32 pm

To serve the Flying Spaghetti Monster and extinguish all belief in the Giant Invisible Teapot.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:To serve the Flying Spaghetti Monster and extinguish all belief in the Giant Invisible Teapot.

His Noodleness will not be pleased in your mentioning the Insignificant Hot Beverage Deity, (that clearly is an invention of man's mind when realising his immortality), in the same sentence. :D
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Lack of ability to be serious shows many have no idea what life is about. I will not provide help to promote a world that lives for today and spends tomorrow's resources doing it.
lisagurl

Postby marie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:16 am

I recently discovered that I now fall under the category of non-employed as opposed to unemployed. So apparently I have no purpose. I don't pay taxes and as I have no job I contribute nothing to society. Apparently staying at home and bringing up children isn't a job.

This apparently is a bad thing and the article I read suggested that people like me are inhibiting economic growth as this country, Ireland, is about to hit full employment. Apparently people like me should be encouraged to take a job.

Needless to say there won't be any help for childcare, so if I did get a job I would probably have to spend most of my pay on childcare. But that would be good because it would create two jobs.

Ironic really because until I had children my life was one long and pointless waste of time. But I was paying taxes so apparently a useful member of society. :x
marie

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 am

A purpose of educating the next generation is an important purpose. No one said you have to make money. Money and consumption does not bring virtue. Money and consumption does not contribute to humanity. In fact it destroys the natural resources of the planet. Now teach that to your children.
lisagurl

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:33 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:

First thing that sprang into my mind too.

#TentacleHighFive
#EndlessVisceralHorrorSistas
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:59 pm

lisagurl wrote:Lack of ability to be serious shows many have no idea what life is about. I will not provide help to promote a world that lives for today and spends tomorrow's resources doing it.

You're right, a complete and total lack of a sense of humor is definitely a better way to go through life. I can tell it's working out brilliantly.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby nexyjo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:12 pm

If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, our purpose is to survive long enough to procreate, sending our genetic code blindly into the next generation. Having done that, with, shall we say, interesting results, I think I'll play some music to decorate the time I have left.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:10 pm

No heartbreak without caring.
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:26 pm

lisagurl wrote:Lack of ability to be serious shows many have no idea what life is about. I will not provide help to promote a world that lives for today and spends tomorrow's resources doing it.

Not at all, I bought some of these goggly eye things the other day, I would have been heartbroken to have to wait until tomorrow.

Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 am

lisagurl wrote:No heartbreak without caring.

May His noodles wrap themselves around you in a comforting embrace, that you may know peace.

May His gracious sauce rain down upon you from His heavenly meatballs, that you may know bliss.

May the Communion of His warm, wet pasta fill you & be with you forevermore.

Or at least until you take a laxative.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm

The federal government is willing to fund a local airport solar system to provide a reduction in the airport electric bills. Is this a good use of tax dollars? Solar has pros and cons and reducing the local bill does not reduce the need to build electric plants to provide backup. My purpose as a advisor to the airport board requires honesty in all the details.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 pm

“Perfection of means and confusion of goals seem — in my opinion — to characterize our age.”

AE
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

lisagurl wrote:The federal government is willing to fund a local airport solar system to provide a reduction in the airport electric bills. Is this a good use of tax dollars? Solar has pros and cons and reducing the local bill does not reduce the need to build electric plants to provide backup. My purpose as a advisor to the airport board requires honesty in all the details.

What does any of this have to do with Chthulu?
Natasha_Lynn

Postby tsukiyoarts » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Good night,

The only thing which moves my already undead soul is being useful to others in any way, and the hope of being useful in greater ways. Without that there is no purpose, and indeed the purpose becomes that of the body, to eat, drink, sleep, go to bathroom, do something to pass time, have kids who will suffer too in this world and die. To live as in a slumber, taken by the waters. To be useful, is what took me out of 10 year depression.

The joke about dark mythology and similar ones was very good. Should I feel ashamed of laughing of that cruel described scenery?

I liked Celia photo too, it was funny and creative; smiling is something hard for me. Perhaps I am a government hybrid who has no sense of humor and at the same time have. :lol:

Regards,
Tsukiyoarts
Do your thoughts control you, or you control them?
tsukiyoarts
Regular

Postby lisagurl » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 am

awesome

Passé, try fantastic.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 pm

lisagurl wrote:
awesome

Passé, try fantastic.

That's so five minutes ago. Why be fantastic when you can be fahbulous dahlink?
Natasha_Lynn

Postby Lucy-chan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Isn't the purpose of everyone to transcend, to a better plane of understanding. That were all on our own personal path, that for some involves transition. But means we all reach a purer sense of truth.....
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:14 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
lisagurl wrote:
awesome

Passé, try fantastic.

Riposte of the month, wins by a country mile.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby lisagurl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:31 pm

Lucy-chan wrote:Isn't the purpose of everyone to transcend, to a better plane of understanding. That were all on our own personal path, that for some involves transition. But means we all reach a purer sense of truth.....

What is truth? Consensus? Many people have many truths that contradict reality. Most everything has entropy so it is not pure.
lisagurl

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
lisagurl wrote:
awesome

Passé, try fantastic.

CeliaEriksson wrote:Riposte of the month, wins by a country mile.

Awesome!
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby lisagurl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Whatever our degree of friends may be, we come more under their influence than we are aware.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
lisagurl wrote:
awesome

Passé, try fantastic.

Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Awesome!

Passé, try fantastic.
Natasha_Lynn

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:37 pm

That's so five minutes ago. try Fabuloso dahling. (Note the time!!!!)
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Radical!
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Radical!

Innovative!
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:46 am

CeliaEriksson wrote:
Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:Radical!

Innovative!

Keen!
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby Shizuku » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:19 am

"Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen."

Is what came to mind after reading the recent posts ITT.
"The true mind can weather all lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed."
Shizuku

Postby lisagurl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:16 pm

lisagurl

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:59 pm

That's SO fetch!
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:That's SO fetch!

Yes, exactly dahling! What a betch!
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am

lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:56 pm

Try as we might not to be blinded by society’s prescriptions for happiness, we are still social creatures porous to the values of our peers — creatures surprisingly and often maddeningly myopic about the things we believe furnish our completeness as human beings, habitually aspiring to the wrong things for the wrong reasons.
lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

lisagurl wrote:
[lisagurl is] surprisingly and often maddeningly myopic about the things we believe furnish our completeness as human beings, habitually aspiring to the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

FTFY
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:58 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
lisagurl wrote:
[lisagurl is] surprisingly and often maddeningly myopic about the things we believe furnish our completeness as human beings, habitually aspiring to the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

FTFY

That is not my quote. Good, bad and most all subjective choices have reasons just not the reasons you favor. The selfish person will have selfish reasons just as the Religious person will have religious reasons. Most reasons start as a human construct in the culture and environment in which is experienced.
lisagurl

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm