Well, fuck! It is official.

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Re: Well, fuck! It is official.

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Promote a progressive social structure without any litmus tests.

Promote a needed government without special favors and a realistic revenue structure.

Apologize (while holding our heads high) to the world for being a punk.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

MikiSJ wrote:Promote a progressive social structure without any litmus tests.

Promote a needed government without special favors and a realistic revenue structure.

Apologize (while holding our heads high) to the world for being a punk.

Freedom and liberty give the individual the right to choose. A fixed social structure does not. Exactly what did you fight for?

All laws have winners and losers just as the very act of voting provides a favor. A realistic revenue striation for the world would have every family living on $8000 a year. Hardly an income that would allow living in cities.

Working for your own interests is never a reason to apologize. Those that should apologize are those who are having children they can not afford.
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:32 pm

You twit:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

This is what I, and many millions of other citizens fought for. Did you?

This preamble, the underlying statement of who we are as a Nation, starts with WE. We the People means all of us, acting in concert to form a more perfect union.

While the term we is all-inclusive - it does not mean just me, or just you, our just some other person who does not want to participate simply because they choose the free will of their self over the We.

We the People means we act together, each of us banded together hoping to form a better union through universal justice and to promote the general Welfare which means that we act together to heal our sick, feed, clothe and house our poor, educate our masses and generally act as one, not singularly, but a combined one to make this Nation better than it was yesterday.

Our Nation will not work if 315 million citizens decide to act on their unfettered free will.

This is not the nation of Lisa and her ilk. It is the Nation of We the People.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Welfare= The health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group

"We the people"= those that agree to fight a government dominance over others taking our liberty. The country has never been a union of cultures or one way of living. Over a million died trying to support their own cultures. That divide never healed. Now we have even more diverse cultures tearing the seams apart. Yes we banded together in militia to fight the tyranny of one size fits all.

Welfare does not mean feeding and suppling many lazy people with the fruits of labor of people burning out their lives to improve the quality of humanity. A nation of 200 million citizens and 100 million people refusing to improve the conditions of the countries they come from. Millions making more burdens on the citizens to support them. People with no purpose or virtue willing to just take and never give. That is not justice, that is not a nation, that is lack of concern for the future.
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:24 am

I repeat -

You twit! :|
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:15 am

MikiSJ wrote:I repeat -

You twit! :|

Life is more than following orders or the pied piper. You can contribute without destroying.
lisagurl

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:13 am

The U.S. military’s top uniformed officer said Tuesday that transgender service members who meet the “physical and mental standards” required by the military should be allowed to serve

How about facts rather than emotions?
lisagurl

Postby Danette Celeste » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:47 pm

And so the world turns. The judge appears to have taken a dim view of the rational used for the ban and the way it was initially announced

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-transgender-military-ban-blocked_us_59f7572ce4b0aec146792e00?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:55 pm

The military ban was overturned by a a District Court!!!!!

Not one hundred percent but sounds like a win to me
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby Danette Celeste » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:42 am

Not overturned, the district court judge only put a stay on the enforcement of the ban until the lawsuit is resolved or the judge removes the stay. She did let the prohibition on spending DoD $$ on "sex reassignment" costs.

Her comments in the ruling though are pretty telling. Let's hope when it gets to scotus that the merits of the case are evaluated on strictly legal grounds and not religious or personal bias.

~ Liz
"actually, i just woke up one day and decided i didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. so i changed"

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated." ~ Shaw

I am Elizabeth
Danette Celeste

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:08 am

The military has great latitude in who it employs and the reasons for not allowing a class of individuals is really not up to a legal challenge.

For example:
    If you exceed weight limits either upon enlistment or refusal to reduce weight is grounds for discharge
    If you exceed or do not meet height limitations you may not be enlisted
    If you have physical or mental deficiencies you may not be enlisted
    If you become injured or wounder you can be discharged
    If you do not meet education requirements you may not be enlisted
    If you have a criminal history you may not be enlisted
The reason for the preliminary restraining order (TRO) was the military denying transgender service member due process protections. I do not see how this TRO will stand further scrutiny as a member, any member, of a class denied enlistment does not have a right to challenge an adverse decision. An over-weight applicant can not sue the military to have the military accept the enlistment application.
MikiSJ

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:32 pm

jentay1367 wrote:I believe I shall brand the trumpster "Shitfinger", since everything he puts his hands on immediately turns into that particular substance.

Sadly, a very apt descriptor.
jentay1367 wrote:A friend who is a Commander in the USCG has already turned in her Commission and accepted a job in the private sector with a large Corporation.

A commander rank in the USCG usually requires around 20 years service. Thanks Mr. Shitfinger for throwing that experience away simply because a group of evangelicals want to throw their religion around.
MikiSJ

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm

Wow that's a cool descript Jess!!! Everytime I see him touch his nose I shall have a liccle chuckle!
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Ashley@Heart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:18 am

helen2b wrote:Anyone heard from , Glitch? Is she ok? I can't imagine how she must be feeling at the moment.

(Just so you know I prefer Emma, Emily, or just Em rather than glitch and will use that instead here.)

I don't like speaking for her, as she doesn't always share all of what she is feeling or going through. So instead I will share my viewpoint based on what she has shared with me. Emma is fully out and transitioning in the Navy under medical supervision. Shortly afterwards the bigots and cowards in her command basically switched what she was assigned on the sub, putting her in charge of things she had no training for and gave her no help or time to learn, and thus no ability to succeed. So when she underperformed.. she was drummed out of the sub fleet for poor performance. And has been bouncing around doing odd jobs dealing with that black performance mark on her record trying to find a new group that will take her even though she is over-skilled and too high a rank for much of what she is doing now. To add insult to injury getting kicked out of the sub fleet means a huge cut in pay and she will likely have to pay back the "bonus" she got for re-enlisting in the sub fleet. She expects to be basically made redundant and given a discharge anytime now and is preparing herself for it. Mind you she is doing all she can to fight it and prove herself but I suspect even with the DC judge blocking Trump's ban some parts of the good ole boys club that is the military will find a way to skirt this and discharge as many of us as they can. Personally I know I wouldn't want to continue to serve after being treated like that, sorry but a breach of trust like that for me is unforgivable.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:47 pm

I have talked with Emily in the past and while she fully understood what could/would happen, the need to be herself overcame the threats to her Navy career. It is a shame that we can lose all of that training and dedication that someone like Emily is willing to give the Navy, her boat, her crew, her country.

I have a brother in law in who fully supports me, Miki. He spent 6+ years in the submarine service on a boomer in the early '70s. He is very active in submarine veterans groups and personally knows three former submariners who have transitioned.

We have discussed Emily in non-specific terms and he understands the conflicts she is up against and also appreciates the reason I left the surface fleet in 1967. His fellow crew mates ran the gamut from very accepting of different personalities to total bigots. While the Navy does what it can to maintain shipboard order, it is not going to turn around a fully loaded boomer or attack submarine because someone doesn't like another. In most cases, the crew takes care of the issue, but when there is something as profound as a crew member transitioning, the training has simply not kept up with reality.
MikiSJ

Postby Ashley@Heart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm

To me in my limited second hand understanding. It seems the rules regarding service in the sub fleet seems to still be very old school. There seems to be this belief that being on HRT makes one less able to serve. And further that merely having a transgender diagnosis is a disqualifying mental health issue. Sorry, but justifying excluding women of any sort using garbage misogynistic excuses is just the boy's network painting no "girls allowed" on their fort.

Though I will agree that bottom surgery would prevent duty for at least a month likely longer. Whic is a big loss of resource.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 pm

I am guessing that after about the 10th submarine launched it was discovered that gay males were part of most crews.

Female crew members are now allowed on boomers. They removed a couple of missile tubes (I mean how many nuclear missiles does it take to destroy the world?). The Virginia attack class accommodates female crews with their own sleeping and hygiene space as of 2015.
MikiSJ

Postby Papillon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 am

As a dispassionate (politically speaking) furriner, it bothers me to admit that the USA is a terrifying place. I'd never emmigrate there, nor even visit Disneyland. Which is a loss both ways :|
Fear is the mind killer.
Papillon
New

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am

Our worldwide reputation as an exceptional place to live is rapidly devolving to that of a despotic nation run by a monied class pandering to a racial component losing its grib on a majority rule and then bastardizing the system to keep their historical power.

I am sorry that you feel the way you do as I also lose when you do not want to visit my Country
MikiSJ

Re: Well, fart! It is official.

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:14 pm

MikiSJ wrote:I have talked with Emily in the past and while she fully understood what could/would happen, the need to be herself overcame the threats to her Navy career. It is a shame that we can lose all of that training and dedication that someone like Emily is willing to give the Navy, her boat, her crew, her country.

When Emily first came to these boards, I had posted to her that, IMO, if she wanted to transition to her correct gender of an adult female, she should separate herself from the military ASAP, and transition as a civilian. She phoo, phoo, my posts and advice, and disagreed with me, and spoke in such glowing terms of her ability to transition in the Navy, and doing such would not in any way affect her live's work as a sub tech. She apparently signed up for another tour, when she could have gotten out. It is sad to hear how circumstances has turned against her, but I tried to tell her. There have been many come here to this website that are in the military, and ask for help. I tell them all to leave the military and transition as a civilian, moreso now that Prez Orange Hair has proclaimed what he has about trans members in the military.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Re: Well, fart! It is official.

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:55 pm

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:It is sad to hear how circumstances has turned against her, ...

I have written this before - I got out of the Navy in 1967 because I could not reconcile wanting to be someone else and the lack of opportunity to be Miki in the Navy, at the time.

There is something about being part of a crew driving a 77,000 ton airport around an ocean, or being part of crew of of 120 driving a steel tube around 300 feet under the water. The Navy is the Navy and at the time, it could/should have been my home for the next 20 or 30 years. But, alas...

I don't know if there would have been other reasons down the road that would have caused me to drop out, but neither me nor the Navy had the chance to find that out - and that is fucked.

I hope Emily is able to sort her life out in a way that works for her.
MikiSJ

Postby Ashley@Heart » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:42 pm

When it seemed all but certian Hillary was going to win, Things seemed pretty hopeful for Emily. And while I agree that military life is not the ideal place to transition. From what I could tell Emily was on pretty good terms with her crewmates. Mind you she was always likely to be off sub duty but she had a contract and intended to serve out her commitment. But we got Twitler who seems to hate anyone who is not Caucasian and rich. Though I don't have a impression that he cares one bit about LGBT issues either way. That this is a ploy to curry favor with his base likely thought up by Pence.

Nothing is written in stone yet.
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Previous

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm