To my Arizona Friends

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

To my Arizona Friends

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Take every opportunity to stay out of the news tonight, especially around the Convention Center.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Re: To my Arizona Friends

Postby Lisa_K » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm

Thought about it but since I've barely been able to get out of bed or walk or sit since Thursday until today, I'll be staying safely at home. I'm hoping people make a big stink without any violence.

What I've found positive is that the local papers have been publishing info on where and how to protest since the Great Orange One's trip was announced. It is looking less likely but if Trump pardons Arpaio, there will be chaos. I love it that the Phoenix mayor says Trump isn't welcome and that even our Republican governor won't be attending the rally.

Here's a list of Donald Trump protests, rallies planned in Phoenix

President Trump in Phoenix: Rally location, planned protests and closed businesses
Lisa_K

Postby nexyjo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I'm not going anywhere near the Convention Center tonight. I'm staying in, and going to bed early.
nexyjo
Board Moderator

Postby lisagurl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:08 pm

I think the media creates the drama to sell products such as drugs. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the problems we have with government trying to fix problems that do not need fixing. We do not need a big brother to do anything but protect freedom, liberty, property, and physical harm. The rest is the responsibility of the community, each individual citizen.
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 pm

lisagurl wrote:I think the media creates the drama to sell products such as drugs.

Sigh! I thought most members here were above the 'fake news' syndrome.
lisagurl wrote:IThere is nothing wrong with pointing out the problems we have with government trying to fix problems that do not need fixing.

Please point out a problem that does not need fixing.
lisagurl wrote:We do not need a big brother to do anything but protect freedom, liberty, property, and physical harm. The rest is the responsibility of the community, each individual citizen.

A typical libertarian view.

I have found that, for the most, when a libertarian announce she is a libertarian, she is lost for anything else to say regarding the purpose of libertarianism.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Bea » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:35 am

How come libertarians are always saying "its no big deal. They're not Nazis. We're gonna be okay"?

Why do they always seem to say it's no big deal when it's literally Nazis and slag on leftist anyones whenever possible?
Bea

Postby lisagurl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:03 am

The organizer of an upcoming Berkeley rally showed up unexpectedly at a Tuesday news conference and refuted Bay Area leaders' condemnation of her event's alleged ties to white nationalists.
Amber Cummings, who identifies as a transgender female, emphasized that white nationalists are not welcome at her anti-Marxism rally Sunday at Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park, which has been the backdrop of bloody protests in the past.

There need not be rules when people have the ability to control emotions. The problem is government handouts promote survival of people that have no emotional control. People should not be forced to be with other people they do not want to befriend. Force leads to hate and that leads to violence. Not liking is not the same as hate.

Any political beliefs leads to force as government should not have a monopoly on community culture. What is important about community is they want to live like their neighbors. If not then people move to someplace that is the same tribe.
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm

So, we should go back to a Jim Crow like society where, the whites can go here, but the blacks can't. The conservatives can go there, but the progressives can't. The Asians can't go here but they can't go over there.

The christians can shop here, but the Jews can't.

If you were born a male, you can't be a woman.

Is this what you are saying: it is ok to exclude people you don't like.
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:27 pm

We are all so fragile. Each day is precious. And the most important parts of our lives are the relationships we invest in.

Your time is short so spend it wisely with the people you choose. You have but no choice to have free will.
Nature is not fair or just. Your lottery genes are programed to survive.
lisagurl

Postby Michi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Bea wrote:How come libertarians are always saying "its no big deal. They're not Nazis. We're gonna . .

Probably because Libertarians are completely clueless, although generally have great hearts. I work with a Libertarian who has purple hair and drives a Prius, and is socially very liberal. I asked him what he thought about Wisconsin's new tax about to pass on electric/hybrid vehicles and he had no idea what I was talking about and ask why they would want to do that.
Michi

Postby Kaylalovescupcakes » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 pm

lisagurl wrote:...government trying to fix problems that do not need fixing....

Isn't that what a problem is by definition, though? Something that needs to be fixed?

prob·lem
noun
1. a matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.
Kaylalovescupcakes

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm