Do you think that Trump will get impeached?

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Do you think that Trump will get impeached?

Postby DawnF » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

I know that there is this other anti-Trump thread going on (probably, multiple), but I wanted this one to focus on impeachment proceedings, if any, in the future that you think will happen (or not). And, again (I do remember my social studies), getting impeached (by the House) is not the same as getting convicted (by the Senate).
DawnF

Re: Do you think that Trump will get impeached?

Postby MikiSJ » Wed May 16, 2018 8:04 pm

No!

Especially if the Dems take the House again next January. If the Dems do take the House back, Pelosi will likely be the next Speaker and she will see the wisdom in not riling up the alt-right, evangelical, right-wing conservative voters by proceeding to an Impeachment. I doubt she will even convene substantial committee hearings into his shit. (Remember, she vociferously defended her position against putting Bush the Lesser on trial by impeachment :!: )

Impeachment is the equivalent to getting indicted for a crime. The Senate would hold a trial based upon the findings of the impeachment and it will take 67 votes to convict - they cannot get 67 votes in the next Congress or the Congress of 2020.

The goal is to get the Senate, House AND POTUS back in 2020. This won't happen if the Dems go after Trump

I really hope that the Southern District of New York moves forward on indicting Trump on any number of crimes and that they pursue him in court after 2020. Also, the State of New York typically has very strong Attorneys Generals who can and will go after Trump - now! There is nothing that says a state cannot indict a sitting President and I hope New York does so.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby DawnF » Thu May 17, 2018 7:30 am

My guess is that the House will impeach him in 2019, the Senate will try him, over 50% of the Senators will vote for conviction, but they will fall short of the two-thirds.
DawnF

Postby Lesley Niyori » Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 am

Here is the actual necessary question.

If Trump was removed, in any fashion from the picture ie thrown out of office, thrown in jail, vapour locks conveniently, gets killed in some fashion, what comes next?

I don't want any scenario where Pence replaces him. Hard to say it, but Trump isn't the actual worst person choice. Close, but not worst. Pence is the actual worst possible choice.

The real important question is "who do you want in his job?"
I'm here to make friends and share in our journies.
I'm not here for anyone that can't control their need to be antisocial.
Treat me well, I treat you well. Treat me poorly, it won't be welcome.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby MikiSJ » Thu May 17, 2018 11:49 am

The moment Trump is convicted (but he won't be), he is immediately removed from office and no longer has access to the White House or any other government facility not open to an ordinary citizen. (I wonder if Melania knows how to pack up a house!)

He will not serve any time for his conviction.

Unfortunately, we get Mike Pence and his mother as our new president. If you have been following the news, Pence is scheming to take over the Republican Party and if this is the case, be assured Pence is more than willing to take part in any 'search for the truth' about Trump.

ONCE MORE, TRUMP WILL NOT BE IMPEACHED. If the Dems get the House in 2019, Trump will be stopped in his tracks from any more legislation. He will still be able to fuck with regulations, but then so will Pence.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby DawnF » Thu May 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Good observations, Miki; I forgot, briefly, how much of a nut job Mike Pence is!
DawnF

Postby Joyliss » Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm

DawnF wrote:I know that there is this other anti-Trump thread going on (probably, multiple), but I wanted this one to focus on impeachment proceedings, if any, in the future that you think will happen (or not). And, again (I do remember my social studies), getting impeached (by the House) is not the same as getting convicted (by the Senate).

I'm thinking probably not the right seem happy with the choice and a good number of the middle as well from what I've seen in most media. There seems to be a big push back over left politics and even a slight divide int left communities classical liberals feel that freedom of speech is being threatened by left politics and support Trump I what they see as their only defense against it. So just an observation but I think we're looking at four yrs of trump
Joyliss
Regular

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Well, sorry to come the jolly old 'outsider lookin' in' bit with ya all, but I do hope the Dems put a frickin' decent, clean candidate up next time. He or she will win hands down. If they put up an old fogey with history, skeletons, sticky bits, e-mails, wandering hands, pie fingers etc., then bye bye Americans...sigh.

Edit* Sorry Joy. Did not mean to jump over you there... we're just posting same kinda time.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Thu May 17, 2018 7:55 pm

What the Dems need to present to the public in 2020 is a well thought out progressive, willing to put together a set of ideas that deal with the greater middle of both the political and economic middle of the voting populace.

This progressive individual must address the horrendous divide in social issues in a manner that respects both. Yes, we want to be able to use bathrooms that represent our gender not our birth sex, but isn't the real issue to be simply acknowledged as 'we are here'. Isn't the real issue that religion is a big business and must be 'attack' as such to get our message out. ('Our' message belongs to everyone, everyone!)

This individual must be able to self-finance a campaign so as to not have to rely on Wall Street/West Coast wealth. (Self-finance means to be able to raise a Billion Dollars in $20 increments! This will be very tough to do!)

This is individual must be willing to turn around on the debate stage and call out Trump as a piece of pig shit and a bully.

What we need is an Obama who will not turn his coat on us and shoulder up to the money interests of the U.S. and leave the middle to once again fend for themselves.
MikiSJ

Postby Joyliss » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, sorry to come the jolly old 'outsider lookin' in' bit with ya all, but I do hope the Dems put a frickin' decent, clean candidate up next time. He or she will win hands down. If they put up an old fogey with history, skeletons, sticky bits, e-mails, wandering hands, pie fingers etc., then bye bye Americans...sigh.

Edit* Sorry Joy. Did not mean to jump over you there... we're just posting same kinda time.

LMFAO you're perfectly fine Celia it's a question address what grabs your interest. Besides it seems like I'm always a bit rainy in conversation so hopefully in throw out a rainbow or two hon. Can't have life without color XD
Joyliss
Regular

Postby DawnF » Fri May 18, 2018 4:00 pm

I think that what the Democrats need is a "conservative" white southern male who acts conservative, but at his core, is a bleeding heart liberal who has no problem "lying" about his credentials, in other words, an "anti", look-a-like Donald Trump.
DawnF

Postby PentacleGoddess » Fri May 18, 2018 4:16 pm

I think the Stormy Daniels situation is more likely to lead to impeachment than is Russian collusion.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby DawnF » Fri May 18, 2018 5:56 pm

No doubt that the Democrats will offer up multiple articles of impeachment. I have read that some are already doing that.
DawnF

Postby MikiSJ » Fri May 18, 2018 6:15 pm

DawnF wrote:No doubt that the Democrats will offer up multiple articles of impeachment. I have read that some are already doing that.
The Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan, for the moment), controls what gets to a floor vote and that would include Articles of Impeachment.

Some of the House GOP are drafting Articles of Impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein - Rod Rosenstein, a guy who Trump approved for the job: a conservative Republican and they want to impeach him - give me a FUCKING BREAK :!:

I doubt Ryan will let these Articles move forward, but then Ryan in going away and he may just want to poke the Congresses eye and let the Congress embarrass themselves.
The Dems, if they are smart (and that is yet to be proven) must not bring Articles of Impeachment against Trump. It will rile the Trump base plus those anti-Democrats voters to vote for Trump in sympathy.
MikiSJ

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm