Any other scientists on here?

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Any other scientists on here?

Postby AbbyGray » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:38 am

A thought (just a small one) has occurred to me. What happens when you transsistion and you need to reference your publications?
Lol, to think one of the reasons I did PhD was because I hated being called Mr! )(also I love research and Dr Who, original series and modern!)
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Re: Any other scientists on here?

Postby Andina » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am

Fortunately all my "stuff" was on line so I was able to go through and edit where necessary. :D
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby dreamin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 pm

AbbyGray wrote:also I love research and Dr Who, original series and modern!

Doctor Who ...it's spelled-out. hear that sound :?: <POP!>
...that was your bubble bursting<3
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Postby AbbyGray » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Meh, saves on keystrokes. :-D
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:28 pm

I have studied men for many years, purely for scientific reasons, of course. :)
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby AbbyGray » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 am

Theory and practice? :-)
It's just occurred to me thay I designed some projects for last year's students looking at the elemental content of cosmetics. So I have a big box of make up at work! Then again who knows what they did with it. Don't want my face falling off to save a few quid. Besides it was the cheapest possible makeup as we were looking of heavy metals. Yeah don't eat mascara has a far amount of nastiness in it. (several have significant levels of arsenic in them.)
AbbyGray

Postby Michi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:56 am

Not a scientist but enjoyed the science courses. It's got to be a good option if not best for the students or wouldbe students here.
Michi

Postby AbbyGray » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 am

Michi wrote:Not a scientist but enjoyed the science courses. It's got to be a good option if not best for the students or wouldbe students here.

yep, people tend to focus on what you know and can do rather than who you are.
AbbyGray

Postby AbbyGray » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 am

When I hear or read abut cis / trans my brain automatically goes to isomers and go yep, trans configuration is alot more stable, especially with me. :-D
AbbyGray

Postby marie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:14 am

No I married one though. Love science but have no real grasp of it. I'm surrounded by Phd's though. Four of wife's family have one. As you imagine family get togethers can be fraught for me. :)
marie

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am

Meant to be a tongue in cheek comment:

Your PhD must not be in economics or time management cuz, anyone putting in the tremendous effort to earn a Phd simply to be called Doc and not Mister doesn't understand the value of money or time. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

(You do know that you can buy a PhD online?) :P :P :P :P

I am like the 'Jack of all trades' when it comes to science. I know a lot about a lot of disciplines (astronomy, nuclear physics, medicine, networking, etc) but I do not have my brain sufficiently wired to learn the required languages of mathematics or machine programming. (I do have a Masters in Information Systems)
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm