I am religiously ill, best way I can say it

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

I am religiously ill, best way I can say it

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 am

I need to say it, putting here in the nasty religion and politics subforum.

I am not seeking debate, if you post, keep that in mind.

I would like to be Christian, and officially I AM Christian, but, considering how that label also applies to a large swath of very hateful people, all claiming to be 'Christian", I'm unsure I wish to continue with the label.

I have no idea how to defeat the hate. I wish I had even a vague idea.

Right now, yet another hurricane is aiming at the US Gulf coast. Mississippi as well as other places.
And considering recent politics in Mississippi, I'm rather happy the hurricane is headed for them.

Not that I have anything to do with the storm, and it's not like it is some otherworldly being at fault.
But, it is at least able to make me feel glad that it's happening to those hateful people.

I wish all of the nice people in the US Bible belt would just leave the US Bible belt, so we could all have more fun cheering on the hardships of the scum left behind.

No love for US Southern white Christians.

I should be trying to love them. Jesus prefers me to remain loving and unjudgemental.
But I'm not perfect, and it's hard to love someone all the while they are doing everything possible to kill me.

So you will need to understand if I take enjoyment out of watching one hurricane after another bash into the US Bible belt zone. Bigger ones, and meaner ones and more and more devastating ones.

I live in Canada in Central Ontario Canada, and you need to understand, it's more than just friendly here to transgender people, mother nature also seems more pleasant here too. It's not perfect here, far from it. But if I lived in the US south, I'd leave and not be planning to return. I'd come up with any reason I needed to walk across the border into Canada, and I'd just refuse to go back to the US.

My spiritual self has seen better times.
I don't like what I am saying.
Just trying to cope.
email is sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Re: I am religiously ill, best way I can say it

Postby marie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 am

I long ago stopped believing in any God. On that basis all religion is as absurd as believing in Fairies and Santa Claus. Something for children but not to be take seriously by grown adults. Yet millions have fallen for this fraud. If anything primitive belief in physical Gods, like the Sun, mountains, the sea or whatever has more credibility. They at least exist and indeed often provide for people in many ways. Which is more than the invented God every did.

So no God and my reasoning is relatively simple. If there was a God he would surely have intervened by now to put a stop to all the incredible amount of evil perpetrated in his name. But he is a human invention used to justify any action that humans want to impose on themselves and others. All the evil is man made.

On the other hand I have no problem with a spiritual idea that the universe is somehow an entity in of itself. After all it fulfils all creation myths. We owe our existence to its laws. I don't believe it's sentient but like a tree it is a community in itself with many branches.
marie

Postby DawnF » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 am

I am an atheist. I was raised by non-religious parents but sent to fundamentalist evangelical Churches before the age of 5 (they assured that I went weekly) up until high school, when I publicly and formally renounced my Christian faith. Before that, bought the whole shebang hook, line and sinker.

Decades later came across the Acts of Peter with its tale of a talking dog:

IX. As Peter spake thus with great sorrow of mind, many were added unto them that believed on the Lord. But the brethren besought Peter to join battle with Simon and not suffer him any longer to vex the people. And without delay Peter went quickly out of the synagogue (assembly) and went unto the house of Marcellus, where Simon lodged: and much people followed him. And when he came to the door, he called the porter and said to him: Go, say unto Simon: Peter because of whom thou fleddest out of Judaea waiteth for thee at the door. The porter answered and said to Peter: Sir, whether thou be Peter, I know not: but I have a command; for he had knowledge that yesterday thou didst enter into the city, and said unto me: Whether it be by day or by night, at whatsoever hour he cometh, say that I am not within. And Peter said to the young man: Thou hast well said in reporting that which he compelled thee to say. And Peter turned unto the people that followed him and said: Ye shall now see a great and marvellous wonder. And Peter seeing a great dog bound with a strong chain, went to him and loosed him, and when he was loosed the dog received a man's voice and said unto Peter: What dost thou bid me to do, thou servant of the unspeakable and living God? Peter said unto him: Go in and say unto Simon in the midst of his company: Peter saith unto thee, Come forth abroad, for thy sake am I come to Rome, thou wicked one and deceiver of simple souls. And immediately the dog ran and entered in, and rushed into the midst of them that were with Simon, and lifted up his forefeet and in a loud voice said: Thou Simon, Peter the servant of Christ who standeth at the door saith unto thee: Come forth abroad, for thy sake am I come to Rome, thou most wicked one and deceiver of simple souls. And when Simon heard it, and beheld the incredible sight, he lost the words wherewith he was deceiving them that stood by, and all of them were amazed.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/t ... peter.html

That eliminated any remaining belief, if any, that I had in Christianity.
DawnF

Postby jentay1367 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 am

I talked to a dog once and it talked to me. I suppose I should add the caveat that I had ingested two hits of four way window pane. So that may have had something to do with it.
Not a sky fairy fan myself, but it sure does feel as though something is at play in our lives. I just can't put my finger on it. I will say I refuse to throw a blanket of anger and hatred on an entire region. There are some wonderful people interspersed in the sadly ignorant and hate filled hordes and I wish no devastation or horrors on anyone. After all, I don't need the bad karma if that actually exists. If it doesn't, my letting the losers rent space in my head serves me in no meaningful way I can possibly reconcile anyway.
Last edited by jentay1367 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jentay1367

Postby lisagurl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:14 pm

New Orleans still has not fixed their pumps. If an insurance company was in charge of reducing risk you bet they would be working. Government can not secure your life and property when it tries to take from some and give to others. It is all cause and effect and nothing to do with unknown super natural bosses.

It is just engineering to build to the possible conditions. But then the repair people would be out of a job. Just think how many jobs are created with religion.

In the big picture you do not need imaginary punishment to have morals and ethics.
lisagurl

Postby BK199 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:35 pm

i've been working on this, i actuallly started a website for LGBT Christians

for me, it helps to look at what is Christian. and educating myself deep into the issues. anyone can call themselves a Christian - but are they?

for me that's it . I can be Christian, but I know that every man else that calls himself Christian, be it layman or clergy, it not necessarily my brother.

shedding more light on these issue helps me.

for being judgemental, someone coached me that there is a big difference between judging, and condemning.

as for enjoying a storm - for this i say, as an abuse victim survivor, i know that revenge fantasies are normal.

i suggest you work on your feelings, through the difficult ones, to get to a better place. You can't wish yourself to be loving. it takes practicing Christianity to do that. It takes not just you and your willpower, but Jes-s. and i believe devout practice/ study / worship. t/c
Last edited by BK199 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:37 pm

oh, and as someone who looked into immigrating to Canada, i can tell you its not so simple. in fact anyone who is sick i am told is not even allowed to cross the border, not even for a visit. out of concern they are one of many trying to get acess to Canadian health care
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:36 pm

as for talking dog(s),

i hear there is a 'amusement' park now i think in Kentucky?

based on Noah's Ark, purporting to be a re-creation......

some people take the story of Noah's Ark 100% literally, and although much of this "re-creation", and the story, seem puzzling in terms of absolute reality, they insists on total "literal" interpretation

i think that people who think this way arent just at risk of misunderstanding the bible, but also missing the point....

t/c
BK199

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 am

I was born and raised in a very conservative Protestant denomination of Christianity, spending 25 years in there in total. If there's a protest at an abortion clinic, an amicus brief filed against LGBT rights, or a bunch of people complaining about Satan's presence in just about anything fun, that denomination is present. Perhaps fortunately for me, I became aware of the fact that I was trans much later than most folks here, in my very late teens. Before that awareness I had drank this church's Kool-Aid with gusto, being very active in youth matters, learning as much as I could about their interpretation of scripture, and hating the very type of person I would eventually become.

Even after I found out I was not even remotely cis or straight I stuck things out with the church. In fact, I doubled down immensely. I was desperately hoping that if I devoted myself fully, didn't question the Bible at all, and hated myself even more than I already did that it would all go away.

By virtue of the fact I am here, it's obvious that it didn't.

My dysphoria got worse and worse over time, and I eventually reached the point where I had to transition or I had to commit suicide. I chose transition, because I figured if I killed myself I would be going to hell anyway, so why not squeeze a bit longer out of this temporal hell we call life.

Needless to say, I became much happier and more at peace with myself. This came at the expense of my devotion to Christianity. Even before I realized I was trans, I was questioning certain parts of scripture, but would always remind myself of what the pastor would say: "human 'logic' doesn't apply to scripture." That was always the answer to questions like "if god is love, then why did he kill so many people?", or "how is it that god predetermined who goes to heaven, but didn't destine anybody to end up in hell?" Beforehand I would just quash this questioning, since I desperately wanted a ticket to heaven after a long miserable life. Transitioning only made this questioning louder and more pronounced.

I eventually ended up leaving that denomination, and spent some time going through a transitory phase from Christian to something else entirely. I spent about a year in an Episcopal church, which was very affirming regarding who I was, and even had extremely similar liturgy to where I came from, but it just didn't stick. After a short stint as a Quaker, I dropped off of Jesus' radar entirely.

Now, I don't know exactly what I am. Atheism doesn't fit me, as I do believe in some greater purpose behind the universe, though as of yet I can't ascribe that to any particular intelligence or design. If I had to say what I am now, it would be some weird combination of paganistic deism plus a dash of secular Buddhism. If anything, my god these days is mathematics, though I say that in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek fashion. Still, some sort of spirituality is calling to me, and I feel like I am going to be going on more of a journey soon in that regard.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:20 am

Nice posts guys.

He also came from a cliche Christian household. Him, not me, whatever, was all set to be a minister around 17-20 (just don't remember that far back accurately). He was never 'dragged' to church, he went willingly.

Then adulthood and he started to ask questions. And the answers, when any were given at all, sucked.

Then the long silence.

Then the encounter with the Mormons. And he found out they were no better than the rest (whether they like it or not).

Then there was this day, pretty sure someone was talking to him, told him to not trust books, any books including THAT book the Bible aka a collection of books actually, at least the ones that are considered 'acceptable' for the collection.

Then, well eventually I showed up, gave him the boot and it no longer mattered what he thought of anything as he was dead, gone, not coming back. No idea where he ended up, don't care.

The last 5 years has been mostly sad, large chunks of angry, a few moments of major cheering for me. And here I am now. I really enjoyed my baptism. It was reaffirming for me at least. But today, this moment, right now, I'm having trouble.

He left behind in my head a massive sum of knowledge. I mean a quite incredible store of textbook learning. Dry, dull, boring. He was a total bookwork. Not the most popular person in school.

It's a lot of knowledge to absorb. I have never read the Bible start to end as if it was going to be an engaging read. Some of the Bible is an attack on a thinking persons IQ. Yeah Adam and Eve, riiiiiight. I'll just forget decades of actual science. Too much is just cherry picked garbage. They love to read that abomination part, but they always seem to forget all the other stuff. Been divorced before? ok, yer going to hell bitch. Oh don't tell me you were 'saved' and it doesn't apply to you. If the abomination part applies to me, the rest sure as shit applies to you.

All of those supposed nice I got Jesus swine love to faun all over his name, but seem to have forgotten all the parts where he tells them to knock the shit off where they condemn and judge others. They want the New Testament, but can't seem to comprehend that Jesus came between me and the Old Testament. Your Leviticus isn't worth the paper it's written on asshole. But nope, they won't let go anything that says nasty things about me.

It takes a LOT of effort to remain true to my faith, and stay civil. Right now, sad to say, I'm GLAD the US south is getting repeatedly mauled by mother nature and her hurricanes. Pity about the Carribean and any nice people caught by it. But I'm actually happy hurricane season lasts 2 more months. Give me some popcorn, I want to watch more scum bags lose their homes. Fuck the cliche American white Christian male.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:26 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Right now, sad to say, I'm GLAD the US south is getting repeatedly mauled by mother nature and her hurricanes. Pity about the Carribean and any nice people caught by it. But I'm actually happy hurricane season lasts 2 more months. Give me some popcorn, I want to watch more scum bags lose their homes. Fuck the cliche American white Christian male.

Regardless of someone's relationship with Christianity, this is a really shitty attitude.
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 am

It is not attitude that makes action. Try viewing reality rather than what you imagine reality is.
lisagurl

Postby BK199 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am

"
I have no idea how to defeat the hate. I wish I had even a vague idea."

with love of course.

again , you need to practice your faith to make it work. do you do service? ministry? its necessey

the hate you feel usually stems a lot from fear.

what i hear is kind of unsophisticated argument of "yes it is " " no its not" yes it is" no its not"

between you and the detractors.

step up your game. STudy. Study the clobber verses. Study Christian history.

where did these abusive ideas of theirs come from?

how can they say they are Christian when they are so unChristlike?

Know Thy Enemy

all i hear is primitive boorish hate which is exactly What Jesus warned us against and gave us a way to stay out of. are you stdying that way? practicing it?

just like martial arts you dont learn a little and its over. you must practice for life

"

with education, and love. like anyting else

alll i hear is hostility that you seem not to be doing anything to manag. and personaly, i will never listen to that. youmaybe upset wth souterners, but the emotions you have are spewing on us, not them. keep that up and i will not read anything else you right
BK199

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:35 am

lisagurl wrote:It is not attitude that makes action. Try viewing reality rather than what you imagine reality is.

This contains all the wisdom of a stale half-eaten fortune cookie.
Natasha_Lynn

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:41 pm

BK199 wrote:

With love, of course.

Love never fails . . . .
---Ancient Wise Proverb

BK199 wrote:What I hear is kind of [an] unsophisticated argument [put forth by Lesley?] of "yes it is ", " no it's not; " yes it is", " no it's not" between you and the detractors.

Step up your game. ST[UDY]. Study the clobber [controversial?] verses. Study [First Century] Christian history.

Where did these abusive ideas of theirs come from?

How can they say they are Christian when they are so unChristlike?

Know Thy Enemy [!]

Last night in bed with insomnia, I was trying to piece together an intelligent reply to the concerns that Lesley had expressed in this thread. But you have said, as above, what I wanted to say, and in a so much better way, BK.
You, too, Lesley, can come to an accurate knowledge of real Christianity, and form your own Christlike personality that will define your personality and your spiritually, that will have a positive impact in your attitude and self-confidence. Right now, you seem to be defining yourself solely on a negative, that is, that you hate the so-called ( rightly so ) Christians who show by their fruits and actions that they do not really follow the teachings of Christ Jesus ( their Saviour and the One they put Faith in is Donald Trump, not Jesus ). Define yourself by your own positives, built up by genuine spirituality, not by lamblasting others because of their negatives, or whining and complaining about your own shortcomings.

BK199 wrote:All I hear is primitive, boorish hate [coming from both Lesley and the so-called
( rightly so ) Christians],which is exactly what Jesus warned us against, and gave us a way to stay out of [that vile religious mess]. Are you st[u]dying that way? Practicing it?
You must practice for life.

Illustration ( Jesus loved to do illustrations ! )---
You were born with the family name of Pizzapie. You have lived a good life, lived to help yourself and others, and lived by all the good moral standards that make life enjoyable for all. But another family, also named Pizzapie, established and continue to direct a Mafia style business and criminal empire. In fact, most people associate the name Pizzapie with crime and all sorts of illegal and harmful activities. By Law, you can not change your family name, so what are you going to do about public opinion ?

You could rightly condemn the activities of the Pizzapie Mafia, but if all you do is put forth negative publicity about them, how does anyone know who you are, and what your core beliefs about life and living are ? You establish your own core identity, your own personal beliefs of what is right and good, and what is wrong and bad ( by consulting with Ancient Books of Wisdom ), establish your own self-confidence, and let your GOOD REPUTATION, built up over many years, speak for you. People will come to know that you are, indeed, a Pizzapie, but you have no connection to the Mafia people, and that you are your own person, for the good of all !

"

BK199 wrote:With education, and love. like anyt[h]ing else [!]

Love ( spiritual love, called 'Agape Love' )never fails . . . .
---Ancient Wise Proverb

BK199 wrote:All I hear is hostility, that you seem not to be doing anything to manage, Lesley]. And personal[l]y, I will never listen to that. You may be upset w[i]th sout[h]erners, but the emotions you have are spewing on us, not them. Keep that up, and I will not read anything else you [w]rit[e !]

I agree !!! Listen up, Lesley. If a person can not speak without spewing forth vile and disgusting speech toward others ( there we go again !!! Working off of a negative, instead of putting the same effort into positive things . . . . ), then I, for one, do not wish to listen to what they have to say. It also makes it so much more difficult to help them in any meaningful way, given their toxic personality and conservation habits. Speak truth about the bad things, but for god's sake, don't make that the center and core values of your personality. Positive things, such as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, mildness, faith, and self-control ( where have we heard these before ??? Oh, yeah ! The Fruits of the Spirit, found in an Ancient Book of Wisdom ! ) are what should govern your spirituality. And you will be a better person for it !

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:Right now, sad to say, I'm GLAD the US south is getting repeatedly mauled by mother nature and her hurricanes.

Regardless of someone's relationship with Christianity, this is a really sh*tty attitude.

'Nuff said !!!
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:09 pm

BK199 wrote:I've been working on this, actually started a website for LGBT Christians.

For me, it helps to look at what is Christian, and [I'm] educating myself deep into the issues. Anyone can call themselves a Christian - but are they [really such]?

Care to post a link ?

BTW---I consider myself a Spiritual Person, a follower of the teachings of the Christ, but realize that probably 95% or more of peeps who call themselves " christian " are not such, but fakes ( one tip-off of so-called christians---their Almighty Saviour is Donald Trump, not Jesus ).

Lesley Niyori wrote:I would like to be Christian, and officially I AM Christian,
My spiritual self has seen better times.
I don't like what I am saying.

I will try and help, if you really want such ( I'm already shipping with a demon girl { she defines herself by negatives, where have we heard that before ? But she can possibly be quite cute, spiritually}, in order to help her, if possible ). I'm sure that others would want to help, too.

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:13 pm

As I have said, I don't like it, I wish it wasn't me, I'd rather it wasn't me.

I picked religiously ill because that describes it nicely.

My soul feels like the way we feel when we have a bad cold.

I want to lash out. I'm upset.

If God is my father, then currently I'm locked in my room and screaming and venting at him.

"I hate you, and I hate this family!" insert sound of something crashing.

A hurricane to me, it's like hearing a tree fell on the car of a family member that had been mean to me. "Sucks to be you! you never wanted to let me ride in it!"

I see life through my limited 5-year-old capacity to express. I stupidly think everyone is always going to be nice to me. I get hurt real easy because of it.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:20 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:As I have said, I don't like it, I wish it wasn't me, I'd rather it wasn't me.

I picked religiously ill because that describes it nicely.

I want to lash out. I'm upset.

Taking things one-by-one . . . .

Illustration ( Jesus loved Illustrations )---

You work for a wealthy benefactor, who owns many, many real estate properties, and manages several businesses. You work as a guard in one of his warehouses. One night, right under your nose, the Pizzapie Mafia breaks into the warehouse and makes off with thousands of dollars of food and merchandise. Not only is your boss hurt by the loss of so much goods, but you are hurt by the supposed loss of respect, and are afraid of losing your job. You want to last out because you are upset. You want to pull out your concealed carry and blast away at anything moving in the dark. The Ole Wild West Mentality. Shoot to Kill, Scotty ! You are so sure that this is, or will be pleasing to the boss, but horror of horrors ! The boss tells you---

" Return your concealed carry to it's sheath.
Those who live by the sword ( guns, weapons ) will die by the sword ( guns, weapons ).
An employee of mine does not need to fight,
but needs to be gentle to all. "
(---Ancient Wise Proverbs )

What does this mean ? You look around at the other employees, and nobody is upset, at least not like you are. Why does your boss, who has been like a heavenly Father to you, tell you not to fight, not to lash
out ?

What is it that can possibility be more important than lashing out and fighting ? What concept would the boss be trying to get at, by not ordering you, the employee to take revenge ?

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby lisagurl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:15 pm

A concealed carry permit requires training. You never pull out your weapon to threaten. It is only used to defend your life against someone with a deadly weapon. You never just shoot it in the dark. You aim at the deadly threat and shoot only to kill it not to wound it.

Having a permit requires much more responsibility than any citizen just being emotional and or feeling threatened.

If there is a God it gave you emotions to survive. Use them wisely.
lisagurl

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 am

A handgun is only a tool, yes.

But unlike say a screwdriver, it was made for only one reason, to kill something. No, people don't necessarily kill, but the gun sure kills. If it was the person alone that killed, you wouldn't need the gun to do the killing. Guns DO kill. Of course, a gun sitting on a table won't spontaneously leap off a table and shoot you of its own accord.

The only time a person fails to kill with a gun is when they suck using it, or they have elected to only put a hole in you with it. But, you can still kill with a gun even when your intent was to only injure with it. Because sometimes a person can suck at not killing with it.

You can kill a person with a pencil if you try hard enough. You can kill a person with a great many things if you try hard enough. But a gun generally sucks as a tool for anything other than killing with it. It makes a lousy hammer. It's no good at opening a can of beans. There's not much else you can use a gun for, other than killing something with it.

The person didn't kill, the gun did the killing. Try performing a mass killing with your bare hands, and you can see, the person generally sucks at killing in comparison to the gun.

Not that persons can't become effective tools of death.
I can kill incredible sums of people with a Bible if given a chance.
I don't need to hit you with it. I don't even need to even meet the target(s).
I can kill hundreds and even thousands with a Bible.

By the above, essentially, we should regulate the spread of Bibles more than the spread of guns. Because even in the hands of a trained expert marksman, a gun will run out of bullets, it has limited range. Limits on rate of fire. It's a weapon that needs a direct line of fire to hit the target. A Bible, no such limits. I can use a Bible to kill and do it over a radio. I don't need to see the target. It never needs to be reloaded. No limits on rate of usage. A person doesn't even need to be any good with a Bible. You can be a lousy reader, and suck at context and have an inherent bias and use a Bible in a lethal fashion just fine. In fact, the more you suck at comprehension, the more dangerous the Bible is. If you are just plain full of shit, you can do incredible sums of damage with a Bible.

One almost would think if you see someone holding a Bible, you might want to draw your gun on them as fast as possible and shoot the person with the Bible. Because to be holding a Bible, makes you an incredibly dangerous person. And if they are standing next to others, you might want to gun them down as well. They can always pick up the Bible and still use it on you eh. Just hope that you have more bullets than targets.

I picture that gunman in Las Vegas, and I picture an evangelist in a former sports stadium, and the gunman is suddenly not that dangerous looking. He was able to kill several tens of people. There's no way of counting the damage the evangelist can cause.

Here it is nearly 2 in the middle of the night, not so late for me though, but I go to bed generally by 7. I've been in bed now for 7 hours this night. I went to bed at 6. So no, I'm not sleep-starved and ranting, I'm well rested and ranting.

And I'm still very angry and still not feeling very good.
And I am not expecting to get better soon.
This is Thanksgiving day in Canada. Turkey dinner and all that sort of thing. We don't need to wait till next month like you Americans.
I'm thankful for a lot of things.
The Bible isn't one of them.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby lisagurl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:27 am

I think you need a better education on tools. Cars get people from A-B and do not kill. It is the driver that kills.

99% of bullets fired do not kill. Most people that fire thousands of rounds do not kill and never killed. Firearms are used for many reasons such as skill shooting and are in the olympics. Some times they are needed to reach hard to get to places as some tools are used. Ski resorts use them to remove loose snow.

Killing can be done many ways by other humans. You might think the word is mightier than the sword but now you get into philosophy. Religion has been a player of more killing in the history of the earth than any other source.

Your one reason thinking is not valid, try telling a gun to kill. They do not do anything on their own. Some people attain fruit from high branches with use of that tool you do not understand. Do more thinking and remove your emotional bias from it.

Death is not waiting for us at the end of a long road. Death is always with us, in the marrow of every passing moment. She is the secret teacher hiding in plain sight. She helps us to discover what matters most.
lisagurl

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Lisa, you're arguing with an ex-military infantryman.

For instance, I was loaded out with an 80 round standard load of Nato 7.62. If I were to NOT kill 60 out of 80 targets aimed at, my Sgt would freak out on me and stick me on the range until it was no less than 70.

But I'm Canadian, we don't do that American thing, we aim at our targets. It explains why our snipers are considered a bonus even with the Marines. They feel safer with our troops present. What we aim at, dies.

A Canadian shooter in Vegas would have probably gunned down several hundred people. It would have been aimed fire and lethal as hell.

And a lot more effective than a loonie with a machete of course.

As for tools as a whole. I'm also a retired cabinetmaker. I don't need more education on 'tools'.

Your reading comprehension really sucks by the way.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:48 pm

It's a very strange day indeed when I actually agree with lisagurl on something.

Lesley Niyori is it possible for you to actually make whatever vague, nebulous argument you are trying to make without a bunch of generalizations? All I'm getting from this is "GUN BAD, BUT BIBLE MORE BAD". Okay, and...? Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Lesley Niyori wrote:As for tools as a whole. I'm also a retired cabinetmaker. I don't need more education on 'tools'.

Look in the mirror sometime and you'll see one hell of a tool!
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Did they not teach you 2-3 round bursts are more efficient than fully automatic?

You do not kill targets you hit them. Funny how military training brain washers humans into slaves that obey orders. Machine guns are not simply American. You seem to have a complex against those south of you. How do you feel about what the mining Canada does as it pollutes the Great Lakes and adds to American deaths? We get most or our Nuclear fuel from those mines. Many times those on drugs are not thinking how to kill the most people but rather how to get rid of the pain they experience.

As a cabinet maker you know each piece of wood has character. Words are tools also.
lisagurl

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Natasha_Lynn wrote:Lesley Niyori, is it possible for you to actually make whatever vague, nebulous argument you are trying to make without a bunch of generalizations? All I'm getting from this is "GUN BAD, BUT BIBLE MORE BAD". Okay, and...? Don't cut yourself on all that [sharp] edge.

Lesley Niyori wrote: I'm not sleep-starved and ranting, I'm well rested and ranting.
And I'm still very angry and still not feeling very good.
And I am not expecting to get better soon.
( italics mine)

You spout forth your beliefs about how to live one's life, and all manor of thoughts about how one's personality is to be constructed and shaped, in thread after thread. No doubt, you hold these beliefs and principals near and dear to your heart, guiding yourself in all that you do.

Yet, your overall assessment of yourself is as stated above. Doesn't make any sense at all, that if your core beliefs are true and genuine, the correct and best way to govern oneself mentally and emotionally, that they would lead you to the conditions stated above ! But they do !!! What is wrong with this picture ? What is a child and child's play doing in this adult and stark, reality based community ?

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:18 pm

"What is a child and child's play doing in this adult and stark, reality based community ?"

No idea.

I keep thinking, am I not supposed to be doing something?

But nothing comes.

Bought a nice new Lego car toy today. Told myself yesterday I had to wait till next month. Seemed like the responsible idea. But I changed my mind today. I couldn't care less about being responsible. My big brother King Timothy, first of his name doesn't like how I spend my money. But he's not here.

I'm bored of this thread.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Huh?
Natasha_Lynn

Postby lisagurl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:40 pm

That Lego Porsche is tempting but after some thought about marketing and what to do after it is finished is what adults do. It sounds like you have no purpose in life to focus on.

But nothing comes.

Imagination is the key to life but the education system and society drums it out of the mind. Perhaps some books on the philosophy of life will give a few ideas to create new one thought patterns.

A start would be, before every action question if it is helping humanity.
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Well, I don't see any point in this thread, it's all gobbledy-gook and totally joyless. I read it from the top, just in case I missed some amazing portal of understanding, ....alas nothing. If you want to go through life as a mumbling, incoherent sage or as a child, I think it might be best to find forums better suited. The only ones making any sense, apart from the beginning few posts are Natasha and Ponytails, apart from that it's as readable as a Monkey's attempt at writing nuclear physics on a typewriter.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:50 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I don't see any point in this thread, it's all gobbledy-gook and totally joyless.

Welcome to the Politics, Philosophy, and Science board!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Natasha_Lynn

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Well, it should be called Politics, Philosophy, and Science and Oh Yeh A Bit Of Gobbledy-Gook Too Board then.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:24 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I don't see any point in this thread, it's all gobbledy-gook and totally joyless. I read it from the top, just in case I missed some amazing portal of understanding, ....alas nothing. If you want to go through life as a mumbling, incoherent sage or as a child, I think it might be best to find forums better suited. The only ones making any sense, apart from the beginning few posts are Natasha and Ponytails, apart from that it's as readable as a Monkey's attempt at writing nuclear physics on a typewriter.(italics mine)

Yo ! I gave it my best shot ! But for Lesley to claim to have such vast knowledge of human affairs, and a vastly ( supposedly ) superior non-spiritual belief system to govern her heart, mind, and soul, and then, to read from her posts and comments, to have so little in the way of happiness and contentment to show for it ? That just blows my mind ! Well, what's up, Doc ? What gives ? Happy about being an 'Anime Spiritual Girl'( the reverse mirror image of an Anime Magical Girl ---
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_girl{namely me}), or miserable, angry, and crying about loneliness by going it on your own { you know who you are!} ?
Each to their Own !

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm

lisagurl wrote:That Lego Porsche is tempting but after some thought about marketing and what to do after it is finished is what adults do. It sounds like you have no purpose in life to focus on.

But nothing comes.

Imagination is the key to life but the education system and society drums it out of the mind. Perhaps some books on the philosophy of life will give a few ideas to create new one thought patterns.

A start would be, before every action question if it is helping humanity.

"It sounds like you have no purpose in life to focus on."

I don't. Welcome to my life.

"Imagination is the key to life but the education system and society drums it out of the mind."

Actually, I usually amaze people with how much imagination I possess. I'm trying to drum out the education in my case. None of it has served me very well, with the exception of reading and writing. I try to spend as much time as possible in my romance novels. It's safer, and there are happy endings.

"A start would be, before every action question if it is helping humanity."

I'm 5 years old, and whether you accept it or not, I'm still 5 years old regardless.

I'm also a princess.

When I wake up tomorrow, the ONLY thing likely to interest me, is play.

And considering what I see of humanity, a mainly nasty, mean-spirited, vicious, cruel, hateful lot, and you want me to worry about them?

I want to avoid them mostly.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:05 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I don't see any point in this thread, it's all gobbledy-gook and totally joyless. I read it from the top, just in case I missed some amazing portal of understanding, ....alas nothing. If you want to go through life as a mumbling, incoherent sage or as a child, I think it might be best to find forums better suited. The only ones making any sense, apart from the beginning few posts are Natasha and Ponytails, apart from that it's as readable as a Monkey's attempt at writing nuclear physics on a typewriter.

"I think it might be best to find forums better suited."

There are none, in the end, no one ever wants me.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby lisagurl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:13 pm

And considering what I see of humanity, a mainly nasty, mean-spirited, vicious, cruel, hateful lot, and you want me to worry about them?

No, I want you to serve them. they are the only thing between you and a future.

lisagurl

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:I'm 5 years old, and whether you accept it or not, I'm still 5 years old regardless.

I'm also a princess.

This is getting a little too much like Stefonknee Wolscht for my tastes. She's Canadian too!
Natasha_Lynn

Postby Lesley Niyori » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:39 am

Natasha_Lynn wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:I'm 5 years old, and whether you accept it or not, I'm still 5 years old regardless.

I'm also a princess.

This is getting a little too much like Stefonknee Wolscht for my tastes. She's Canadian too!

Thanks, you just called me a fake. Fuck off and die.

No really, that wasn't an expression. You can change the order if you wish.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Lesley Niyori » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41 am

lisagurl wrote:

No, I want you to serve them. they are the only thing between you and a future.

Serve them? are you some sort of freak?

I certainly didn't come here to meet people like you.

How about you join Natasha.
Just trying to cope.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:Fuck off and die.

My my, that is some strong language from a five year-old!

Weren't you "bored" of this thread?
Natasha_Lynn

Postby DawnF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:41 am

Lesley Niyori wrote:
CeliaEriksson wrote:Well, I don't see any point in this thread, it's all gobbledy-gook and totally joyless. I read it from the top, just in case I missed some amazing portal of understanding, ....alas nothing. If you want to go through life as a mumbling, incoherent sage or as a child, I think it might be best to find forums better suited. The only ones making any sense, apart from the beginning few posts are Natasha and Ponytails, apart from that it's as readable as a Monkey's attempt at writing nuclear physics on a typewriter.

Lesley,

Please do NOT take things personally on Internet message boards. Sometimes people say things in print that they would NEVER say to a person's face. I suppose that it is a lot like driving in traffic.

And, so, please stick around, but just always expect honest feedback. You don't have to agree with it, of course, but that's just the way people are, especially, in an area like religion and religious belief! Ditto for politics. There are moderators here; if someone gets out of line, they will be dealt with, sooner or later.

Best,

Dawn
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:17 am

How about you join Natasha.

I have no problems with a bit of funning. I suspect you are a bit too serious about life and expect your actions to bring fruit. In the big picture it is just time passing.
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:42 pm

DawnF wrote:
Lesley Niyori wrote:

Lesley,

Please do NOT take things personally on Internet message boards. Sometimes people say things in print that they would NEVER say to a person's face. I suppose that it is a lot like driving in traffic.

And, so, please stick around, but just always expect honest feedback. You don't have to agree with it, of course, but that's just the way people are, especially, in an area like religion and religious belief! Ditto for politics. There are moderators here; if someone gets out of line, they will be dealt with, sooner or later.

Best,

Dawn

Dawn, most things I wrote I actually would say to anyone, that's unfair saying that, like I'm a keyboard warrior or something. I merely pointed out the fact that I thought this thread was total gobbledy-gook and joyless, which in my point of view it most certainly is. That is honest feedback.

I will admit telling someone to go elsewhere is wrong because of this or that, for that could be said of my fun thread, so I apologise there to you, Lesley. Sorry!

I don't know about the seer of mumbo jumbo and dodgy political view though, coz it's so boring and horrible things have been written that are not nice.

I will say that my fun thread, though not germane either, is joyful to read, not one that leaves one reaching for the arsenic bottle. Although Miki may disagree! :P
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby jentay1367 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Although Miki may disagree! :P

If she does post, it's usually to make you think. :idea: :thumb:
jentay1367

Postby DawnF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:38 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:
DawnF wrote:Lesley,

Best,

Dawn

Dawn, most things I wrote I actually would say to anyone, that's unfair saying that, like I'm a keyboard warrior or something. I merely pointed out the fact that I thought this thread was total gobbledy-gook and joyless, which in my point of view it most certainly is. That is honest feedback.

I will admit telling someone to go elsewhere is wrong because of this or that, for that could be said of my fun thread, so I apologise there to you, Lesley. Sorry!

I don't know about the seer of mumbo jumbo and dodgy political view though, coz it's so boring and horrible things have been written that are not nice.

I will say that my fun thread, though not germane either, is joyful to read, not one that leaves one reaching for the arsenic bottle. Although Miki may disagree! :P

We're all unique, which means that you're special! :)
DawnF

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Well, tell me something I don't know. I am very special. :P
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby lisagurl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:37 pm

I wonder where the term "special education" came from?
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm

lisagurl wrote:I wonder where the term "special education" came from?

Did they not teach you that there then? I guess it has to be quite basic.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby DawnF » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 am

CeliaEriksson wrote:
lisagurl wrote:I wonder where the term "special education" came from?

Did they not teach you that there then? I guess it has to be quite basic.

I was in special education as a child; 15 years later I qualified for membership in Mensa.
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 am

I take care of a brilliant autistic transsexual friend. Having a high IQ does not make for success in this environment. It takes subjective skills.
lisagurl

Postby DawnF » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 pm

lisagurl wrote:I take care of a brilliant autistic transsexual friend. Having a high IQ does not make for success in this environment. It takes subjective skills.

You're absolutely correct.
DawnF

Next

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm