Is this the start?

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Is this the start?

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 pm

White Supremacists Show Up To A City That Didn’t Want Them, Chant ‘Blood And Soil’
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. ― Once again, white supremacists and the aggressive fringe groups that show up to meet them took over an American city that never wanted them in the first place, enveloping the area in violence and arrests and causing a state of emergency.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/white-nationalist-charlottesville-virginia_us_598e3fa8e4b0909642972007?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009[/url]
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:03 pm

This is what the alt-right, the christian evangelicals, the whiteman is protesting.
The loss of their innocence:
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Re: Is this the start?

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 am

This kind of thing should be nipped in the bud. I am sure we all agree about freedom of speech, but as the Governor of Virginia said, a right to speech is not a right to violence. It is also not a right to intimidate... therefore should have been stopped as quickly as was practical.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby helen2b » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:26 am

Why are they holding Tiki torches? Kinda strange to have a Polynesian theme to a white supremacist gathering.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby MikiSJ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 pm

helen2b wrote:Why are they holding Tiki torches?

It is easier to march down to a Walmart and pick up a Tiki torch than it is to build one!

Below is the Klan pre-Tiki Torch
I do not see much of a difference simply because one has a homemade torch and another has a torch bought at a store. They are still the bigots of the worst kind - a righteous bigot who believes his particular birth is important.
MikiSJ

Re: ...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby DawnF » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm

MikiSJ wrote:This is what the alt-right, the christian evangelicals, the whiteman is protesting.
The loss of their innocence:

Look at them! They are all the same!! And, what do they want? To oppress others!! We, on the other hand, simply want others to lead their own lives without harming others, to be who they are and to answer that for themselves and not let others answer it for them.
DawnF

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 am

Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.

Their actions make me sick, I cannot understand hatred towards another human, or any animals. It's a kind of group mentality thingy. I'll bet if you pulled one aside and got them on their own to speak truthfully to anyone about their views and what happened they would be very ashamed of their weekend's terribleness. If I am wrong, then they are nothing but evil and that would be very sad.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Re: ...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 am

DawnF wrote:Look at them! They are all the same!! And, what do they want? To oppress others!! We, on the other hand, simply want others to lead their own lives without harming others, to be who they are and to answer that for themselves and not let others answer it for them.

This! :thumb:

PentacleGoddess wrote:Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.

PG, I hate the smell of citronella - yuck!
MikiSJ

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 am

I don't have internet at home. I've been off the last two days. I get news slow.

So yesterday, Haley comes home looking dazed and turns to me saying, "A person...on American soil...was killed by a nazi the other day."

That was random. Me, "What?"

"Yeah, since they're pulling down all the confederate monuments all the white supremacists, KKK, Neo Nazi's...all of them...they're protesting. Some people started protesting back and one drove his car into the crowd and killed a girl."

I still haven't checked the news now that I'm at work. What the hell is happening to my country?!

This explains why my dad was noticeably quiet about politics yesterday (he's right wing conservative). He's usually going on about liberals and all the "evil, stupid things we do".
I wonder what he's thinking...
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm

MorganWoolf wrote:I wonder what he's thinking...

What are we thinking? :(
MikiSJ

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:42 pm

I don't think I understand the question...do you mean, why are we allowing these travesties to occur in our nation?
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby jentay1367 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 pm

The stench of Hitler's Brown Shirts with their hatred fueled rabble running rampant while the powers that be turn a blind eye is in the air. I'm a bit terrified of what may be on the horizon. We seem to devolve a little more every day. Canada is on my mind a lot these days.
jentay1367

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm

I am not sure I understand my question.

We are tossed hither and thither with situations we can not handle and no one is there with help.

We have a President who tosses around the thought of war as if it was some game from a comic book.

We have a group of losers whose only respite is to march en masse against their supposed oppressors.

We have religious leaders who need their devils to survive and those devils include us and we have no where to turn to escape these devils.

There is more I don't understand but this getting too fucking tiring.
MikiSJ

Postby Emma2Sprt » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I learned a lot in History back in High School.

I didn't know why I paid more attention to WWII than anything else in class.

After my Dad passed away, I learned something about my heritage on my Dad's side of my Family that I hadn't known.

I knew that my Dad's Family immigrated to the US from Denmark, but I had no idea why or exactly when.

I then found out within a year after my Dad passed that his Family was a Jewish Family that saw the direction the wind was blowing back then and took action.

With this recent event, I can't help wondering what his Dad would think and say about these current events and what my Dad would be thinking right now. I wonder if he would be considering helping us do what his Father did for them.

It's crazy, I know. But with this fucking hatred being extended to more than just race, it's damn scary.

However, my Dad didn't raise week Children. He raised survivors and fighters. I know he was proud of his Son. He would be even more proud of the Daughter he never got to know.
"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma Two Spirit
Emma2Sprt
New

Postby BK199 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 pm

no the tiki toraches are hilarious hahahahaha

no tiki torches are not the same as the KKK wield or any other torch bearing group or even heck the torches college students bear in the traditional ceremonies like huge bonfires...

tiki torches are mostly anti mostquito devices. it would be like bringing altar candles or something. its ridiculous. like a nerf bat. LOL hahahahahahahahahahhaahahah they look so incredibly stupid I have no idea why anyone is giving them any attention except the news media keeps race hate baiting sigh

LOL hahahahahahahhahahahaha tiki torches what a bunch of morons. I should have just gone and beating them all myself , it would only take one person for those pathetic bunch of tiki nerds HAHAHAHAHAHA
BK199

Postby lisagurl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am

I doubt race is a driving force of people trying to make cultural order. Perhaps tradition has a bigger following.

Living in the wild without the benefit of philosophy demands a emotional action rather than a planned function.
lisagurl

Postby DawnF » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:14 pm

lisagurl wrote:I doubt race is a driving force of people trying to make cultural order. Perhaps tradition has a bigger following.

Living in the wild without the benefit of philosophy demands a emotional action rather than a planned function.

Honestly, they are white trash losers with mental health problems. If you go out to their website ("The Daily Stormer"), they are always asking for money!
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:28 pm

DawnF wrote:
lisagurl wrote:I doubt race is a driving force of people trying to make cultural order. Perhaps tradition has a bigger following.

Honestly, they are white trash losers with mental health problems. If you go out to their website ("The Daily Stormer"), they are always asking for money!

Do I suspect a person that uses race as a general bias against individuals? Race might have some genetic impact on cognitive abilities just as culture and environment does. But individuals of any genetic line can have the keys to the survival of humanity. I have lived with native Americans in their habitat. They use the abilities they are born with and the cultural environment to survive the conditions. Civilization has destroyed their nature culture with devices and government handouts. Now they are subject to change cultures or waste away without purpose. Philosophy was a product of having free time as others provided for your needs.
Funny how most media wants you to do what they say and make them a profit. Ever wonder why TV has so many drug commercials?
lisagurl

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:31 am

BK199 wrote:no the tiki toraches are hilarious hahahahaha

no tiki torches are not the same as the KKK wield or any other torch bearing group or even heck the torches college students bear in the traditional ceremonies like huge bonfires...

tiki torches are mostly anti mostquito devices. it would be like bringing altar candles or something. its ridiculous. like a nerf bat. LOL hahahahahahahahahahhaahahah they look so incredibly stupid I have no idea why anyone is giving them any attention except the news media keeps race hate baiting sigh

LOL hahahahahahahhahahahaha tiki torches what a bunch of morons. I should have just gone and beating them all myself , it would only take one person for those pathetic bunch of tiki nerds HAHAHAHAHAHA

Casual dismissal of the adoption of racist symbology and terminology does not seem like the wisest move. One of their figureheads was literally just the chief of staff for this joke we call a Presidential administration.

lisagurl wrote: Do I suspect a person that uses race as a general bias against individuals? Race might have some genetic impact on cognitive abilities

No, no it doesn't.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby DawnF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:
lisagurl wrote: Do I suspect a person that uses race as a general bias against individuals? Race might have some genetic impact on cognitive abilities

No, no it doesn't.

As with the whole Google fiasco, someone correctly pointed out that, "Google hires individuals and not groups." We are individuals and should be judged by that. If a group is having problems (say, alcoholism) , then the group, as a whole, deserves sympathy and help, but the individual still needs to take responsibility for his/her own life.
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:00 am

No, no it doesn't.

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx
lisagurl

Postby DawnF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 pm

lisagurl wrote:
No, no it doesn't.

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/Race-differences-in-average-IQ-are-largely-genetic.aspx

I used to work in Statistical Process Control for 14 years. The fundamental analysis is called ANOVA:

Analysis of variance (ANOVA) is a collection of statistical models used to analyze the differences among group means and their associated procedures (such as "variation" among and between groups), developed by statistician and evolutionary biologist Ronald Fisher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_of_variance

Basically, you have within group variance versus between group variance. A little number for the former and a big number for the latter gives a large F-ratio.

Even if is true that there are are statistically significant differences between various ethnic groups with respect to IQ does not mean that there are clinically significant differences. Between any 2 groups there is quite a bit of overlap, which means that there are some really dumb white people and some very brilliant black people.

In the end, we are all individuals and that is all that matters.
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:54 pm

In the end, we are all individuals and that is all that matters.

Exactly as groups have bell curves individuals can fall anyplace. The very reason not to give one group preference over another as in affirmative action. Laws that favor groups discriminate against individuals.

When you have government using statistics to make every individual equal you have big problems. One size does not fit all. It is up to the employer to determine if a person is a good fit for a job, not some government quota.

The government itself has skewed employment requirements favoring less qualified because they are a particular race. This goes against fairness and having the best person for the work they are getting paid for.

They stated that the black-white IQ difference is about 15 to 18 points or 1 to 1.1 standard deviations (SDs), which implies that between 11 and 16 percent of the black population have an IQ above 100 (the general population median)
lisagurl

Postby PentacleGoddess » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:20 pm

lisagurl wrote:
No, no it doesn't.

Get that shit out of here. Seriously. I do not take kindly to 'studies' by avowed racists who push that nonsense about 'genetic differences in IQ', headed racist organizations and who speak at "Preserving European Culture" gatherings.

In 2009 Rushton spoke at the Preserving Western Civilization conference in Baltimore. It was organized by Michael H. Hart for the stated purpose of "addressing the need" to defend "America’s Judeo-Christian heritage and European identity" from immigrants, Muslims, and African Americans.

Since 2002, he was head of the Pioneer Fund, a research foundation that has been widely accused of being racist.

Did you seriously think that would fly under the radar, that you could just pull some random study out by the scientific world's equivalent of David Duke and nobody would say "Hey, wait a second"?

Jesus Lisa, if you want to be racist, just be racist. Don't try to hide your bullshit behind a guise of pseudo-science.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby DawnF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:31 pm

PentacleGoddess wrote:Jesus Lisa, if you want to be racist, just be racist. Don't try to hide your bullshit behind a guise of pseudo-science.

Point is that if she is "right", she is still wrong. A 1.1 standard deviation difference is nothing and means nothing. And, that gap can easily be narrowed if individuals in poverty would get the fundamental healthcare and education that they need and deserve!
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Earl Hunt states that brain size is found to have a correlation of about .35 with intelligence among whites and cites studies showing that genes may account for as much as 90% of individual variation in brain size. According to Hunt, race differences in average brain size could potentially be an important argument for a possible genetic contribution to racial IQ gaps. Nonetheless, Hunt notes that Rushton's head size data would account for a difference of .09 standard deviations between Black and White average test scores, less than a tenth of the 1.0 standard deviation gap in average scores that is observed.[138][164] Wicherts, Borsboom, & Dolan (2010) argue that black-white differences in brain size are insufficient to explain 91% to 95% of the black-white IQ gap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_intelligence

Do the research it is not just one researcher and the numbers do not lie. Yes the environment is a part factor but look at the studies of the head start program By fourth grade they lose any advantage gained. These facts are suppressed to get votes and bet politically correct when in fact they are destroying the nations ability to compete.

East Asians have tended to score relatively higher on visuospatial subtests with lower scores in verbal subtests while Ashkenazi Jews score higher in verbal subtests with lower scores in visuospatial subtests. The few Amerindian populations who have been systematically tested, including Arctic Natives, tend to score worse on average than white populations but better on average than black populations
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:19 pm

So, we are back to the book "The Bell Curve".

Please read up on the the Standard Deviation that Dawn brings up. σ1.1 means someone slipped with their pencil when they recorded a value.
MikiSJ

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Jesus tapdancing Christ lisagurl, if you are going to link something then take the time to read it.

From the same exact page:

Wikipedia wrote:Currently, there is no non-circumstantial evidence that these differences in test scores have a genetic component, although some researchers believe that the existing circumstantial evidence makes it plausible that hard evidence for a genetic component will eventually appear.

Also, lol, sourcing from Wikipedia. Doing that on any project in school or in the workplace will get you laughed out of any serious setting, just like we are all laughing at your crackpot insanity now!
Last edited by Natasha_Lynn on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm

It is now generally accepted among serious students of intelligence that Asians have the highest average IQs of any racial group. As Richard Lynn has reported in his comprehensive study, IQ and Global Inequality, East Asian countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore, have average IQs in the range of 105 to 108. This clearly exceeds the averages Prof. Lynn has found for the 29 European countries, which range from 92 to 102. The question therefore arises, why have Asians not dominated — economically, culturally, and politically?

In the hands of the West, sea power dramatically changed history. In the hands of the Chinese, it was a means to satisfy a fleeting curiosity about foreigners. China had unsurpassed technology, but did not have the spirit to turn that technology into world or even regional dominance.

Despite their higher average IQ, Asians have failed to become the culturally dominant race probably because innate personality traits work against them. Compared to Europeans, they are passive, unquestioning, and lacking in initiative. The next 50 years will probably see a continuing rise in the economic and military power of China, but if history is any guide, this rise in power will not be matched by innovation, and China’s cultural contributions will remain insignificant.

It is not only cognitive ability is motivation to use that ability.
https://www.amren.com/news/2016/11/why- ... reativity/
lisagurl

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:25 pm

So, we are back to the book "The Bell Curve".

Please read up on the the Standard Deviation that Dawn brings up so you'll have just a hint of a notion of what the Standard Deviation means. σ1.1 means someone slipped with their pencil when they recorded a value.
MikiSJ

Postby Natasha_Lynn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm

lisagurl wrote:Despite their higher average IQ, Asians have failed to become the culturally dominant race probably because innate personality traits work against them. Compared to Europeans, they are passive, unquestioning, and lacking in initiative. The next 50 years will probably see a continuing rise in the economic and military power of China, but if history is any guide, this rise in power will not be matched by innovation, and China’s cultural contributions will remain insignificant.

WHAT THE FUCK
Partially disturbed, totally awesome.
Natasha_Lynn

Location: On a small serene island located in a stygian realm of charnel horror

Postby lisagurl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 pm

The lesson to be drawn from black and white differences was the same as the lesson from the Netherlands years ago: I.Q. measures not just the quality of a person’s mind but the quality of the world that person lives in

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007 ... -the-above

It has been several generations since school busing and the experiment has not worked. A person depends on it's parents to learn and contribute to humanity. Single parent do not do that. If the parent drops out that do not have the ability to raise children. The government does not have the ability to raise children.
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWn4FO1MOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWn4FO1MOw

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap it up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of Red Indian boy

Curly Latin kinkies
Mixed with yellow Chinkees
If you lump it all together
Well, you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh, what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough to take the world and all it's got
And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
And turn out coffee colored people by the score

Rabbis and the Friars
Vishnus and the Gurus
You got the Beatles or the Sun God, it's true
Well, it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
No, no no

Making Lady Favor
Mrs. Graceful
You know that livin' could be tasteful
We should all get together in a lovin' machine
I better call up the Queen
It's only fair that she knows, you know, you know

Big enough to take the world and all it's got

What we need, what we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough, big enough, big enough
To take the world and all it's got

Keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby PentacleGoddess » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:08 am

lisagurl, I'm going to tell you this once, and I feel slightly skeevy even giving you the chance just because you've been around THAT long, but you need to drop this shit right now or you are *gone*. I am not joking, and I do not care what you think of my horrible censorous ways. You either knock this shit off or I will do what I need to do to make sure you are wished away to the virtual cornfield. No more. Get back on your meds, talk to someone, do what you need to do to get your head straight (because it actually used to be), because you are now well outside the sphere of my tolerance for this shit.
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby DawnF » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 pm

I am a member of Mensa and also post on a Mensa-only list as my transgender self ("Dawn") and I can assure everyone here of the following:

1) Some members of Mensa are really, really dumb about certain issues and subjects. They are just completely ignorant about certain things and say things that are not true, sometimes embracing the weirdest conspiracy theories. Everyone in Mensa, without exception, agrees that there are dumb Mensans!

2) No one believes that IQ is completely genetic. While there is probably a genetic component, just "how much" will be forever impossible to determine (probably, a third at most). Some of it is due to what happened while being in utero and also as to whether Mom decided to breastfeed or not, although, not being breastfed may not have any impact whatsoever on the kiddo's IQ. We're back to the correlation versus causation fallacy.

3) Everyone agrees that IQ is not static. In other words, you can raise your IQ by a LOT if you choose to! Getting good grades in school is mostly due to good study habits! Taking challenging courses, learning a second language, etc., is guaranteed to raise your IQ, by a lot!

4) Success in the real-world is rarely correlated with IQ (Trump). A lot of geniuses have died penniless (Tesla), ending their lives on park benches feeding pigeons.

5) A high IQ is not a guarantee against having serious mental health issues or being a wicked person. Goes without saying.

6) Intelligence tests are not completely accurate and often times are discriminatory against minorities in their questions, format, etc.

7) Intelligence itself is not a monolithic concept. One can have high quantitative intelligence ("be good at math") and yet low emotional intelligence ("not good with people"); ditto for verbal, qualitative, musical, poetic, etc., intelligences, which are very difficult to measure.

8) Mark Twain once said, "There's are lies, damned lies and then, there's statistics." Until there is a controlled experiment (which would be abjectly immoral, such as separating children at birth, and then, assigning them at random to parents of different ethical groups), correlational studies are highly subjective. It depends on the researcher and how they want to interpret the data, their biases, etc.

9) Even if it could be demonstrated that there are differences in "traditional IQ" between various ethnic groups, those differences are so small as to be meaningless. Differences between individuals simply dwarfs differences between groups.

Dawn
DawnF

Postby marie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 am

4) Success in the real-world is rarely correlated with IQ (Trump). A lot of geniuses have died penniless (Tesla), ending their lives on park benches feeding pigeons.
Yes indeed. I am highly intelligent, near genius level on IQ tests at least I was when younger. I did the mensa test and was comfortably up there in the top 1%. In school I never had to study. I simply passed the exams without much effort.

That's been backed up in other ways. I can hold my own in any situation and often surprise people at my depth of knowledge on many subjects even within their own field of study despite the fact that I have never formally studied the subjects nor have I ever been to college. People frequently value my advice and opinion.

But I'm a fake. By any standard I am an absolute failure, academically, in my personal life and in my career. Actually I say career. I have none. All my jobs were low paid, low grade and I wasn't particularly good at any of them. I have no money of my own and if I ended up on the street I'd probably end my life on a park bench because I'm no survivor. Even the depth of knowledge I mention above is actually very shallow. I cannot grasp even simple concepts, particularly science and technology.

So yes success in the real world has no correlation to IQ. I'm a classic example.
marie

Postby DawnF » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:28 pm

marie wrote:

So yes success in the real world has no correlation to IQ. I'm a classic example.

You're not alone. I went through a bankruptcy, a foreclosure and sheriff's sale on my home (only averted by a second bankruptcy), long-term unemployment, etc. Even though I have no formal legal training, however, I was able to hold-off Wells Fargo for over a year with court motion after motion until we got enough money that we could "afford" (paying the attorney) bankruptcy!

To top it off, I am poor and in no way could afford to pay for things like facial hair removal. And, so, I am using the depilatories. Not too good results, but I have not burned my skin off yet!!
DawnF

Postby BK199 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:51 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:

Casual dismissal of the adoption of racist symbology and terminology does not seem like the wisest move. One of their figureheads was literally just the chief of staff for this joke we call a Presidential administration.

if there were any authenticity or meat or credibility or capability to it or whatever. anyways the point you make is perfect, its as much a joke as the administration.

and it is garbage not to be taken seriously. All this junk, as is always, is smoke to cover up real motivations and what is really at play underneath. literally - these are clowns.

beware the much darker truth and much darker forces beneath.
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:52 am

BK199 wrote:
PentacleGoddess wrote:

if there were any authenticity or meat or credibility or capability to it or whatever. anyways the point you make is perfect, its as much a joke as the administration.

and it is garbage not to be taken seriously. All this junk, as is always, is smoke to cover up real motivations and what is really at play underneath. literally - these are clowns.

beware the much darker truth and much darker forces beneath.
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:59 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:
lisagurl wrote:

Jesus Lisa, if you want to be racist, just be racist. Don't try to hide your bullshit behind a guise of pseudo-science.

but they always do this. They dont just say it, they always make excuses. it used to be biblical arguments "the races were not meant to mix, G-d put them on different continents for a reason"... and then its been endless psuedo science. wheter it was false inerprestations of darwinism, or other bullshit and theorietical anontomical or psychological comparisons, its been excuse after excuse, and trying to tear someone else down to build themselves up. endless endless endless. typicall narcissism. always excuses
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:03 am

lisagurl wrote:
and the numbers do not lie.

wha???? since when. Just WHAT NUMBERs. hey lisa, is therea 50% chance the sun will come up tomrorrow?

it's 50% right? it either will, or it WONT? 50 - 50, Right?

why do you guys bother talking to this "lisa" i dont get it
BK199

Postby BK199 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:08 am

lisagurl wrote:

excuse me?

motivation is not racial.

nor genetic

racial is psyiological

I don't think lisagurl knows what genetic means.

again, why speak to this "person"
BK199

Postby DawnF » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 am

I want to make it clear that I do NOT agree with the following:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstrea ... telligence

However, I understand how Lisa is being misled.

For one, the so-called "experts" are simply WRONG, Intelligence is **NOT** static; it CAN be increased, IF a person wants to make the effort!!
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am

BK199 wrote:
lisagurl wrote:

excuse me?

motivation is not racial.

nor genetic

racial is psyiological

I don't think lisagurl knows what genetic means.

again, why speak to this "person"

=========
I just got an email from a past teacher Robert Wright who also writes books. This is from a article he wrote.

The starting point is that natural selection “cares” about only one thing. (I put “cares” in quotes because natural selection is a blind process, not a conscious designer.) And that one thing is getting genes into the next generation. Genetically based traits that do a good job of that will spread through a species. Those can include mental traits, such as feelings and patterns of thought and ways of perceiving things.

In this adaptation from his new book, Why Buddhism is True, Robert Wright explains how evolutionary psychology supports the Buddhist diagnosis of the human predicament.

I do not support hate or treating people unfair. Humans try to gain knowledge about the objective reality but are forced to filter experiences through our perceptions and senses. Our brains and senses and body vary according to the natural selection. Our experiences are mostly our own products but no two people perceive the same experience exactly the same. I do not believe in religions and the dogma but count them as guides for social living.
lisagurl

Postby DawnF » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Lisa,

Please understand that when I was young, born (1967) into a poor and broken family, an unwanted child in fact (my mom had me at age 18, my sister at age 16, both out of wedlock), my IQ was tested and was found to be just above mental retardation. In the early 80s, I saw Cosmos, and my mom bought me the book for Christmas. I was absolutely enthralled, and fell in love with modern science. I went from being a C/D student to an A-student in high school, and when my IQ was retested at the end of my junior year, my score qualified me for membership in Mensa. During those intervening years, my standardized test scores increased, slowly, so slowly, in fact, that no one was really aware of it, including, me.

And, so, one's IQ is simply not static, and what was true for me, can also be equally true for every other human being, without exception.

Dawn
DawnF

Postby lisagurl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 pm

No one individual is average. In the 6 grade they gave us tests and I enjoyed doing some section and drew pictures in the dot answer sheet in other sections. But in the big picture of averages and different types of tests, even for people that can not read yet they can score high. I.Q. is not the only way to test cognitive ability. For example art is another way and creative problem solving another. Culture has part of an affect on how and why we do things. For example a problem with limited parts and a wanted answer needed to be solved by two groups. The difference was the one group was told they would be paid for finding an answer the other just a fun exercise. The fun people did better than the paid people. Less pecking order opens up creative abilities.

Values and stress are all part of cognitive ability to wisdom. Mostly life is up to you to live they way that is important to you. not some corporation, government, religion, or group that give incentives to make you live they way they want you to.

It is up to the individual to find their own way not some standard to measure up to.
Being experienced of both genders I find it funny that expectations should be gender based. But many people rather follow a expected gender behavior than be an individual.
lisagurl

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:48 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:17 pm

When I was in uni back in the late '60s, I took a part-time teaching job under a Title 12(?) program. I was teaching lower-income 1st, 2nd & 3rd grade kids who were deemed to be slow readers. (The certified teachers I would report to seldom used the term 'retarded' but that is what most of them thought.)

One of the unofficial tests the school would use to determine if a kid needed special help was to ask as series of questions. These questions were not normalized so if a kid was asked what color milk is and he or she answered white, there may have been a thought this kid wasn't slow, but maybe just lazy.

If the kid answered that milk was brown, it was felt this kid just didn't have it intellectually so let's put him in the slow readers class. It was never investigated as to why the kid said brown. Maybe the only milk his or her parents served the kid was chocolate milk.

Some of the kids I taught were of 'low intelligence' but most suffered from some form of dyslexia and almost all had some level of disinterested parents.

The school where I taught was located in South San Francisco and was located in a blue collar neighborhood. I am sure that the lower property values prohibited having a more sophisticated school system like San Francisco, just to the north. It would be an ideal world where every kid could be evaluated and a program tailored to the kid's needs, but that will not happen.

We will end up with a group of kids shuffled off to menial or hourly type jobs as determined by their birth status and learning environment, whereas kid from more affluent neighborhoods will have a chance at an easy, successful life.

I occasionally wonder what happened to these kids.
MikiSJ

Postby lisagurl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:34 pm

And you want a government run health care system? One size does not fit all.
lisagurl

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm