Is this the start?

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Is this the start?

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 pm

White Supremacists Show Up To A City That Didn’t Want Them, Chant ‘Blood And Soil’
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. ― Once again, white supremacists and the aggressive fringe groups that show up to meet them took over an American city that never wanted them in the first place, enveloping the area in violence and arrests and causing a state of emergency.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/white-nationalist-charlottesville-virginia_us_598e3fa8e4b0909642972007?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009[/url]
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:03 pm

This is what the alt-right, the christian evangelicals, the whiteman is protesting.
The loss of their innocence:
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Re: Is this the start?

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:16 am

This kind of thing should be nipped in the bud. I am sure we all agree about freedom of speech, but as the Governor of Virginia said, a right to speech is not a right to violence. It is also not a right to intimidate... therefore should have been stopped as quickly as was practical.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby helen2b » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:26 am

Why are they holding Tiki torches? Kinda strange to have a Polynesian theme to a white supremacist gathering.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby MikiSJ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 pm

helen2b wrote:Why are they holding Tiki torches?

It is easier to march down to a Walmart and pick up a Tiki torch than it is to build one!

Below is the Klan pre-Tiki Torch
I do not see much of a difference simply because one has a homemade torch and another has a torch bought at a store. They are still the bigots of the worst kind - a righteous bigot who believes his particular birth is important.
MikiSJ

Re: ...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby DawnF » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm

MikiSJ wrote:This is what the alt-right, the christian evangelicals, the whiteman is protesting.
The loss of their innocence:

Look at them! They are all the same!! And, what do they want? To oppress others!! We, on the other hand, simply want others to lead their own lives without harming others, to be who they are and to answer that for themselves and not let others answer it for them.
DawnF
Regular

Postby PentacleGoddess » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 am

Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
PentacleGoddess
Board Moderator

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:56 am

PentacleGoddess wrote:Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.

Their actions make me sick, I cannot understand hatred towards another human, or any animals. It's a kind of group mentality thingy. I'll bet if you pulled one aside and got them on their own to speak truthfully to anyone about their views and what happened they would be very ashamed of their weekend's terribleness. If I am wrong, then they are nothing but evil and that would be very sad.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Re: ...the supposed injury of whitemen

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 am

DawnF wrote:Look at them! They are all the same!! And, what do they want? To oppress others!! We, on the other hand, simply want others to lead their own lives without harming others, to be who they are and to answer that for themselves and not let others answer it for them.

This! :thumb:

PentacleGoddess wrote:Fascists are deathly afraid of mosquitos, their natural enemy. Hence the citronella tiki torches.

PG, I hate the smell of citronella - yuck!
MikiSJ

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 am

I don't have internet at home. I've been off the last two days. I get news slow.

So yesterday, Haley comes home looking dazed and turns to me saying, "A person...on American soil...was killed by a nazi the other day."

That was random. Me, "What?"

"Yeah, since they're pulling down all the confederate monuments all the white supremacists, KKK, Neo Nazi's...all of them...they're protesting. Some people started protesting back and one drove his car into the crowd and killed a girl."

I still haven't checked the news now that I'm at work. What the hell is happening to my country?!

This explains why my dad was noticeably quiet about politics yesterday (he's right wing conservative). He's usually going on about liberals and all the "evil, stupid things we do".
I wonder what he's thinking...
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm

MorganWoolf wrote:I wonder what he's thinking...

What are we thinking? :(
MikiSJ

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:42 pm

I don't think I understand the question...do you mean, why are we allowing these travesties to occur in our nation?
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby jentay1367 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:44 pm

The stench of Hitler's Brown Shirts with their hatred fueled rabble running rampant while the powers that be turn a blind eye is in the air. I'm a bit terrified of what may be on the horizon. We seem to devolve a little more every day. Canada is on my mind a lot these days.
jentay1367
Regular

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm

I am not sure I understand my question.

We are tossed hither and thither with situations we can not handle and no one is there with help.

We have a President who tosses around the thought of war as if it was some game from a comic book.

We have a group of losers whose only respite is to march en masse against their supposed oppressors.

We have religious leaders who need their devils to survive and those devils include us and we have no where to turn to escape these devils.

There is more I don't understand but this getting too fucking tiring.
MikiSJ

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm