Some days I hate my new phone

Activism, Civil Rights, Debate, Theory, and Research

Some days I hate my new phone

Postby Ashley@Heart » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:20 pm

So my old smart phone was dying and outright annoying so I patiently waited on Google to inform me I could purchase the Pixel phone I wanted. It is a great phone.. but that is not what I am posting about. It has a "AI" that watches my behaviors and attempts to give me more of what I am interested in. Which may come to no surprise is transgender topics. Unfortunately a good 60% of what I get is hateful articles from places like the Federalist, Breabart, LifeScore, etc. The latest was a nasty article commenting on a woman's experience in Disneyland where a man came into the woman's bathroom and creeped around, she described her fear of confronting him because of that 0.0001% chance he could be trans despite his showing no intention of using any of the bathroom's facilities other than scanning everyone with a predatory look. I would link the article but I really don't want to throw that hateful site any more clicks.

Personally I think the right answer was to confront him as this was not ambiguous and he was enjoying intimidating these women. What law he was breaking if any I have no idea. I kind of expected this at some point with all the crap people have been spewing about men in bathrooms and I would not doubt if this was some setup like that shmuck in Target.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Re: Some days I hate my new phone

Postby Rheya » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Oh dear, I'm sorry, it is best to avoid that stuff. I know I do. There's just no value in reading it - it's sick degenerate comfort to insecure and morally corrupted people.

Just seeing a bad headline concerning transpeople can ruin a week for me so I stick to the newspapers I know are okay and read through the headlines with squinting eyes.
Rheya

Postby Ashley@Heart » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Oh I agree.. and mostly I do but I was interested in what this woman experienced as they were mocking her as well. I wouldn't mind having a real conversation about actually protecting all women from the men who would harm them. But these people don't want that they want women afraid it is how they get us to vote against our own interests.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Rheya » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 pm

That's a very difficult conversation to have, much for the same reasons it is difficult to have a genuine and reasonable discussion about the rights of sex workers (or, really, a conversation concerning anything having to do with gender or sex); there is such a tremendous amount of projection that comes out in those sorts of discussions. A lot of the time when people are talking about it, making arguments and laying down logic, definitions and rational rules, all they are really doing is talking about themselves, their own fears, perceptions, insecurities, etc.
Rheya

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Everyone who does not have a 'smartphone', raise their hand? - Miki raises her hand!!!

Can't you turn off or delete those programs you don't want?

Also, I wonder if cis-females understand that if a man, dressed as a man, enters a restroom and is looking around - HE IS NOT A TRANSWOMAN AND THEY SHOULD RUN AS FAST AS THEY CAN, IF THEY CAN, ELSE THEY SHOULD GOUGE THE GUY'S EYES OUT AND DESTROY HIS GONADS.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Ashley@Heart » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 pm

MikiSJ wrote:Everyone who does not have a 'smartphone', raise their hand? - Miki raises her hand!!!Can't you turn off or delete those programs you don't want?Also, I wonder if cis-females understand that if a man, dressed as a man, enters a restroom and is looking around - HE IS NOT A TRANSWOMAN AND THEY SHOULD RUN AS FAST AS THEY CAN, IF THEY CAN, ELSE THEY SHOULD GOUGE THE GUY'S EYES OUT AND DESTROY HIS GONADS.

I can make it disappear with a swipe or tell it I am no longer interested in transgender topics if I really wanted. But knowing more about what is going on is important to me so I need to see some of that. For amusement I watched a YouTube video from some cis-man who wanted to tell the world how gender is just biological sex and transgenderism is a mental illness. Ahh.. the stunning insight.. it was almost as good as watching the word salad of a Trump rally with equally wonderful people in the comments section. I commented politely correcting factual errors just to see what sort of reaction I would get. I was not disappointed.
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby marie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 am

Just find the setting that makes the links and switch it off. That's what I do. As for those stories, most in my opinion are false news and just serve to reinforce the bigots in their hatred.

As for youtube never ever read the comments. Life is too short to read that poison.
marie

Postby Ashley@Heart » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 am

No doubt for some reason I had a hankering for a fight last night. And decided why not see what happens. I didn't read the comments only posted a reply to the author correcting him. What I got after was predictable and boring. A man child whose opening move was to start with insults and comment history and covering himself in as much masculinity as possible while maintaining a unhealthy facination with LGBTQ people and projecting his fetishes on me. And another one who loved to inform me that wearing woman's clothing makes me a pervert and that no matter how many surgeries I get and that in turn makes me mentally ill.

Boring though I want to see if I can thumb down tand hide hat groups entire channel on YouTube. After seeing a sample of other videos from them it became clear the content was MRA class collection of privileged whine fests.
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby lisagurl » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 pm

I had a cell phone in my job and it was an electronic leash. I do not have a cell phone now just a land line and I get over 100 spam calls a month. I am on a no call list and use NOMOROBO . I never answer the phone only check who called or who left a message. If I like them I call them back. The freedom of no phone is fresh air.
lisagurl

Return to Politics, Philosophy, and Science

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm