patch marks?

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

patch marks?

Postby AbbyGray » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

OK, so been on patches for two weeks, feeling great and we'll first time normal. :D anyway how long are the marks from the patches ment to last for? (no not the glue marks before anyone says!) but slightly red out line and when showering the patches are smother, and shinier than my normal skin on my leg.
I am guessing the estrogen is making my skin smother as it's giving that spot a high dose. Does not say much about it in the medical notes with them.
Abby
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Re: patch marks?

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:12 am

My patches left marks, then raised marks, then pronounced welts, over time. At first where the glue residue stuck, then an outline of the entire patch, and finally a bright pink or red welt the full size & shape of the patch for two weeks or more. I became sensitive to the adhesive, and gradually grew allergic. After about two and a half to three years, I had to switch to sublingual tablets.

Now I'm allergic to bandage adhesives, and probably won't be able to use hairpiece glue when I'm ready.

My only allergy. :(
Amy Farrah Fowler

Postby MikiSJ » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:03 am

AbbyGray wrote:OK, so been on patches for two weeks, feeling great and we'll first time normal. :D anyway how long are the marks from the patches ment to last for? (no not the glue marks before anyone says!) but slightly red out line and when showering the patches are smother, and shinier than my normal skin on my leg.
I am guessing the estrogen is making my skin smother as it's giving that spot a high dose. Does not say much about it in the medical notes with them.
Abby

I don't think it is the estrogen raising marks on your skin, but rather the binder used to transfer the estrogen through the skin. I wore patches for awhile and experienced exactly what you are experiencing.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby ForeverLacey » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:39 pm

I believe what you are referring to is skin maceration. Generally this goes away after the patch has been removed and the skin drys out. This may last longer with a 7 day patch vs a 3.5 day one. Try to focus on not placing the patches on the same direct spots next time you reuse that buttock side.
ForeverLacey

Postby AbbyGray » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Well the site of the first patch is nearly invisible now, so not to bad. Following the instructions, so alternative legs different spots etc. Keeping an eye on it and will let my Gp know.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:41 am

A couple of years ago I was wearing 4 patches at once, under a doctors directions. It was kinda hard to find virgin skin to put a new patch on - it all healed fine after I swapped out of the patches.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm