Meetings and planning full time.

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

Meetings and planning full time.

Postby AbbyGray » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:32 am

So I am starting to prepare for going fully time, most likely during the summer to minimise disruption to my little boy, and that any major fallout has settled before he goes back to school. As well as the number of students I deal with drops at that point for a few months. Also allows me time to get the voice training practice in etc. Anyway in preparation for this I am talking to the uni's LGBT officer on the best way forward at work. They have been very helpful and although they normally deal with students (apparently we have 25 trans students on campus) they are happy to help staff though it all. The plan that the uni uses is old so they were planning to redo it anyway and I am going to be the guninnee pig and be consulted on what is happening and have input in meetings if I want.
Also on the up side they are going to see if they can change the way they are implementing the gender neutral toilets as the department I work in was near the last on the list to be done, which is good as we have at lest two trans students in the dept.
Got even more reading to do, now more on the best practice of inclusion of trans staff and students in HFE, in preparation for the next meeting! Good job I like research!
Just need to sort out family issues now.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Re: Meetings and planning full time.

Postby Lesley Niyori » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Yeah, once you are 'out' you might be surprised to find out how little you are actually alone.

Generally speaking, a LOT of transgender people, simply will not reveal themselves to anyone other than a trusted transgender individual. So you might find yourself as a very important person rather suddenly :)
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Re: Meetings and planning full time.

Postby AbbyGray » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm

I currently find it amazing how people open up to me when waiting for data of equipment etc. normally once the realise that I am only telling them off for breaking safety rules and regulations and I am trying to look after there well being. ( dangerous experiments are fine, just take precautions!) It's why I went and did a Mental Health First Aider course to help deal with things that arise, Alot of the time they just want some one to listen to them. I suppose that's what we all want and need from time to time, :D
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm