Maladaptaion to (neo)clitoral engorgment

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

Maladaptaion to (neo)clitoral engorgment

Postby Auphiel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Hello. I would like to ask if anyone had an experience with this or have known anyone who has.

I had bottom surgery in April of last year. A very painful problem has been persisting since that time. I have been having varying degrees of pain, most of the time from 5 to a very intense 9 (of 10), in the upper portion of my neoclitoris ever since. I have undergone 2 labiaplasty surgeries in an attempt to reduce/eliminate the pain. Labiplasty is a bit of a misnomer though as the focus of was the removal of erectile tissue from the neoclitoris in hopes that would reduce the pain. Each surgery has make the pain worse.

I would just like to know if this has happened to anyone else? It is very hard to find information about this. All of these sleepless nights in pain..... I find this situation to be very disabling.

Anyway, are there any post-ops who have experienced intense pain in the neoclitoris constant and daily for well over a year? Has anyone heard of anyone? The closest thing I can find on an internet is a brief discussion of a cis-woman experiencing clitoral engorgement pain. The surgeon told me they have not experienced this before.

I will keep looking.

Thanks.
Not so professional lurker.
Auphiel

Re: Maladaptaion to (neo)clitoral engorgment

Postby Amy Farrah Fowler » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 pm

It happens almost daily while at work, walking around. It feels like a cross between popping out of being tucked and being caught in a zipper. Painful, annoying, disconcerting, especially since I'm not aroused.
Amy Farrah Fowler

Re: Maladaptaion to (neo)clitoral engorgment

Postby Auphiel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Augh, sorry to hear that. I admit I have not visited these boards in quite some time. Only when I have a problem it seems :oops: I have become very shy and reclusive, and I never made friends easily.

Yes. You aptly described it, except, instead of a zipper more like a car door, repeatedly, or worse, at least in my case. Maybe yours too? Does every single SRS result behave this way do you think? The erectile tissue strangling nerves or something? What the heck causes this intense car door slamming pain? And why does my surgeon think it can be fixed with labiaplasty? The pain only gets worse after the 2 I have had post-SRS. I am very reluctant now to try a 3rd, which the surgeon is now recommending. Bleah.

Maybe I should listen more to my primary MD and therapist now and get a second opinion.
Not so professional lurker.
Auphiel

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm