Question about hormone delivery methods

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

Question about hormone delivery methods

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 am

I've been seeing a lot about hormone injections. Now as long as it's not a headache or toothache I have a pretty high pain threshold, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to penetrate my skin with a needle once, let alone daily.

Are there any treatments that are available orally? I hear that draft dodgers use to take their girlfriends' birth control pills to grow breasts so they'd be turned away when their number came up, but I don't know how much of this is urban myth, since it was during the Viet Nam war when the pill was new and largely a mystery to the general public, or if oral HRT is viable.

If it is available as an oral treatment are the results at least close to on par with injections?
"My birth control is not my boss' business. By the way, boss, you're going to be getting a bill for my ortho tri cyclen."
tiffany_elizabeth

Re: Question about hormone delivery methods

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:51 am

Patches, pills you can get hormones in several ways I take pills I'm not a fan of needles either I hear patches work really well and are a constant stream of hormones
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Postby Kay » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:01 am

Forget birth control pills, they usually contain an estrogen that is more harmful than the one produced naturally in our bodies and a progestogen that is also likely to cause more harm than good. Stick to BIO-IDENTICAL ESTRADIOL.

I inject estrogen intramuscularly, every 5 days. Some inject every 7-10 days. It's not a daily thing as the estrogen is slowly released from the muscle over several days. I was deathly afraid of needles but now, do them myself and it's a walk in the park, so easy! I personally prefer injections to pills, felt better although breast growth was better on pills. I recently started using some estrogen gel and I enjoy it very much.
Kay

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

Kay wrote:. . . . although breast growth was better on pills.

That's good to know, since I am on pills, and have noticed steady breast growth since the beginning of HRT. The downside is that your breasts hurt all the time, but if you are used to a steady background headache or muscle ache, then you quickly get used to the breast pain, so that you don't hardly even think about it or react to it.
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SilverGray

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Michi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 pm

I use the patch and have had good results. I've read numerous places administering estrogen transdermally (patches, gels), lowers the chances of DVTs compared to taking estrogen orally.
Michi

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 am

As long as the estradiol is bio-identical, the risk of DVT seems quite low. Oral estrogen significantly raises the risk when estrogens such as conjugated equine estrogens and ethinyl estradiol are used.
Kay

Postby ChloeScott » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:18 pm

I've been on oral Estradiol for the past 14 months and have seen good and steady results. I won't do injections because I'm afraid of needles, like most people, and I don't really think that the results will be worth the extra hassle. When I started in March '16 my doctor said that she typically prescribes oral E with some Fin. and Spiro., rarely injections, and never patches as they aren't widely used in the U.S. and is very expensive. I guess that it all depends on your doctor and where you live as to the route you'll likely take. However you do, be sure to follow your doctor's advice, get them from a legitimate source, and be patient.

Chloe
ChloeScott
Regular

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm