So I um told my mom.. again..

RLT, HRT, FFS, and SRS Support

So I um told my mom.. again..

Postby ChristineMckeehan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:12 pm

I told her and we'll idk it's a mixed bag I've definitely opened her mind by asking her questions over the years and welI showed her my doctor letter and my hormones and we'll she's quietly listening and reading this note asking a few questions here and there, showed her my picture of me dressed up she said I looked like my cousin which was interesting she still wants me to move but it's more for my protection she said herself nobody else would be able to accept this

And she's apologized for saying what she did years ago it's odd

This is best though
私は女の子です
ChristineMckeehan

Re: So I um told my mom.. again..

Postby Ashley@Heart » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:59 pm

She loves you it is obvious take that and hold on to it. This takes time to process so demonstrating you know what to do and are on the path to a healthy and happy life for yourself is the best you can do for her. It may not be the dream she had for you when you were born but she seems to be accepting it for now and in time maybe she will visit you and you two will have some good mother daughter time together.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Re: So I um told my mom.. again..

Postby Rheya » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 pm

How come it was odd?

It sounds like she is at least beginning to accept things which hopefully also means she is opening up to acceptance. Even so, it is probably best to focus on yourself and not on her approval - after all, that is probably the only way you are going to get that approval, by not really needing it in order to be okay.
Rheya

Return to Transition

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm