first time fully out.

Share your most memorable experiences

first time fully out.

Postby AbbyGray » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Well that was an informative and nice night. Went fully out for the first time as Abby, make up, tissue paper filled bra etc. It was to a Trans support group but I had to take public transport on very crowded trains full of drunk people. No issues apart from or two puzzled looks. :-)

Meet some brilliant people, and not feeling so isolated in this all, and how lucky I am with the support I have from people close to me. Also I really need to work on my make up! I had a very apologetic lady ask if I was m2f or f2m. I have short hair at the moment, need to grow it out or buy a wig, my clothing must look androgynous, and I need slightly bigger boobs next time, and a better bra.

At the end of the day, I feel good, normal (not much dysphoria, today as i look kind of like what I feel inside, although going bathroom really did not help looking down there though :-() and above all happy with my self which is what I have always wanted and why I am doing this.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Re: first time fully out.

Postby Roni57 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:47 pm

So happy for you!
Roni57

Postby marie » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 am

Get a couple of wigs off Amazon. They're so cheap you can get a couple or three and in my experience look quite real. Make up takes practice but it's not that complicated.

Enjoy it. I wish I could do the same. I see you live near Manchester which is good. It's one of the few cities where you'd see trans people, drag queens and CDs quite regularly and openly. I'd take advantage of that if I could.

Good luck with the journey.
marie

Postby AbbyGray » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 am

Actually I did not think about amazon for wig, stupied of me really! :D

Well been ordered, and let's see!
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Well, Abby - about time.

There was only about 60+ years from the time I tried on my mother's panties to the time I went out as Miki.

As for wigs - I know a good one can be really, really pricey - but a cheap one is well, a cheap one. Since you have now visited the world as Abby, put your big girl panties back on and find a local wig shop that can help you with fit and style and whatever else it takes to make the best choice in a new wig.

Also, there are much better, and inexpensive ways, to pad out a bra than with a bundle of tissue. Bird seed in cutoff nylon stockings will cost you less than £5 and will give you a nice bouncy feeling in your bra.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby AbbyGray » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:46 am

Tried a few different fillers such water filled balloons, bird seed makes me itchy when ever I handle it in the past. So ended up getting some breast forms that were on sale. (not the best time of year for surpluses spending!)

Going to see how I get on with the wig, if good then may be get a better one. I know that to buy cheap is to buy twice, but it's a case of what's affordable. planning to grow may hair long again, may be shoulder length. Not the mid back of my youth.
AbbyGray

Postby MikiSJ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 am

There is nothing wrong in spend as little as you can. And yes, this is the season of the VISA card.

I have owned five sets of breast forms. The price ranged from ~$50 to ~$300. The best investment I made was to learn how to inject Estradiol Valerate IM into my thigh. I truly understand this might not be the right answer for you at this time, but - and while my breasts are maybe a Size A, it is so nice to see something left on my chest as I take my bra off and the 'breast enhancers'.

One of my girlfriends, 50 at the time we first met, approached her transition very aggressively, but was really worried about her baldness. She was much more fortunate than most of us in her financial situation and sought out help with a wig from a local transgender friendly shop targeting CD/TG/Drag customers.

What she chose, very pricey at ~$1,000 made her. She immediately started the appearance transition from playing dress-up at home to being the attractive woman willing to embrace any situation.

Of course, I realize a $1,000 human hair wig is something that most of us can not/will not buy - but getting the best fitting, best style, best color for you should be your goal. If you can do this inexpensively, then that is what will work for you.

Good luck and keep us in the loop. :)
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby AbbyGray » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:29 am

Bad post, sorry
Last edited by AbbyGray on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AbbyGray

Postby AbbyGray » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:08 am

So wig and forms arrived. Had to send the first forms back way to big! I though 44 C would fit my size, but just looked really fake, plus they felt to big. Went with 44 A. Feel better, slightly big but it could be the cloths I tried with them. If going down another cup size would that be a 42A?
The wig, while cheap looks OK from distance, and really helped the disyphoia with the forms when looking at my profile in the mirror. (tears in the eyes) May be a little longer next time as my head size ment it got shorter as it stretched. A bit, so perhaps save and go and get a proper one! also got some skirts and dresses in a charity shop closing down sale (49p each!). Just need a little more make up to hide shadow and help pass a bit better. Oh and shoes, Doc Martin boots don't go with every thing such as floaty dresses. Still Xmas sales coming up! makes up for yesterdays heavy depression and dysphoria. looking forward to going out again more complete and me.

Edit. I think the breast forms may be a bit narrow, for my chest size. Perhaps they will fit better wjen the 44A bra arrives.
AbbyGray

Postby Kim 0 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 pm

I realize I'm a couple months late replying to this but good for you, Abby! :)

While I've been going out presenting as female for a long time now, I still get really anxious about it. :| I usually dress fairly low key, like jeans, loose sweaters, maybe flats or sandals. I generally just want to blend in and go about my business. Sometimes I do get all girled-out because need to for work or an appointment or something or, I just feel like looking feminine that day, dammit. :mrgreen:

Always feel really self-conscious and anxious when I do but I try to just relax and get on with it. I feel like everyone's looking at me but they're probably not, or they just don't care. Everyone just stares at their phone these days, anyway. :lol: Still, I always feel a lot more "vulnerable" out an about in society as a woman. I guess it's probably something cis girls and women get used to at an early age and it's just I'm only being exposed to that kind of social conditioning/gender roles at this point in my life. Learning!
I think I'm actually a sane woman trapped in a lunatics brain.
Kim 0

Postby AbbyGray » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Thank you for the response, it has reminded me actually how much as changed is so little time once the metaphorical cork has popped.. Seems a lifetime ago that I ventured out and about, yet it was not even a sessions length of time that has passed. Brings it in to prospective really.
AbbyGray

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:26 pm

AbbyGray wrote:So wig and forms arrived. Had to send the first forms back way to big! I though 44 C would fit my size, but just looked really fake, plus they felt to big. Went with 44 A. Feel better, slightly big but it could be the cloths I tried with them. If going down another cup size would that be a 42A?

If you go down another cup size from 44A, I believe that would be a 44AA.
If you go down another band size from 44A, I believe that would be a 42A.
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby niky60435 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:47 am

you are AWESOME
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU
keep it up it will get easier and easier
I only wish I could do the same no there yet
hugs and kisses to you :wink:
niky60435
New

Postby AbbyGray » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 am

niky60435 wrote:you are AWESOME
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU
keep it up it will get easier and easier
I only wish I could do the same no there yet
hugs and kisses to you :wink:

Oh it's got to the point now were going dressed as male is harder than going female! Going car shopping I'm full femme was fun. It's amazing how polite people are when your looking to spend and they are on commission! :lol:
AbbyGray

Postby Roni57 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 am

You go girl!
Roni57

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm