actually I did go to specsavers.

Share your most memorable experiences

actually I did go to specsavers.

Postby AbbyGray » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:30 am

Well, finally went out as Abby in all but name, make up and boobs, was ment to go Friday but weather put a stop to that. (it's the UK a light dusting brings the county to it knees. Anyway needing to express and explore I decided to go into town as I had an opticians appointment. Walking in when well, probably helped having a scarf on. But only a couple of weird looks. But weirdly the shop assistants were more freandly than normal, or probably me just being more sensitive. What got me was the feelings 9f it all. Nerves only occurred until I got a street away from the house. After that. It felt well normal and peaceful, did not notice my various pains, and when I saw me self in a reflection in a window. I liked what I saw for the first time. The assistant at the opticians was very freandly, and welcoming. The actual optician had to have me pointed out. (only person in the waiting area, I am still using my born name) which felt weird, but then again I must not stick out to much. It does feel like this is the right thing.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Re: actually I did go to specsavers.

Postby AbbyGray » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 am

Well the journey to work dressed as Saturday is proving OK so far. Also seem to be dealing with the crowded trains alot better than normally. :-D hopefully the good vibes last all day.
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:58 am

Best wishes that all goes well today for you Abbey!
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Roni57 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:06 am

Abby, had you done anything with your hair...or wig? I've been looking and thinking about wigs as my hair is super short right now. I have HUGE ears so I think shoulder length or longer is minimum.
Roni57
Regular

Postby AbbyGray » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:31 am

No just a woolly hat with a cute pompom on it. Going to start growing my hair again, while out to some people I am not fully out, the cloths I wear at work while female just look a little qurky or campish with out sweater puppies. I have been slowly adding more feminine cloths to my daily cloths, no one has noticed / said anything about it manly fitted jeans, (love high rise boot cut slim leg jeans! They fit like a glove, at lest my hips fit better in these than they ever did in mens,) jeggins etc and some female versions of male cloths and now with jumpers and high neck tops . So it's nice to express while things are working out. To he honest, if I turned up in a dress tomorrow I don't think people would bat an eye lid, at lest in public. Gossip would fly with in minutes.! Just promised my partner to talk to councilors before come out fullly. Which makes sense.
AbbyGray

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

Roni57 wrote: I have HUGE ears so I think shoulder length or longer is minimum.

Me too! A lttle bit of wind and there they are! But, they do add a pixieish look so don't be put off, I try not to worry too much. Here's pics of me my sticky out ears all a-sticking out.... Celia xx

ImageImage
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Depending upon your age, a wrap would not be out of place.

My first venture out of the house was with another transwoman. I am very happy that my Father left me with a full head of hair, but my friend (same age) was not so lucky. On the way to our 'coming out party' we stopped at a mall and she found a scarf that she used as a head wrap.

She also was without breast forms so at my suggestion she bought a cheap pair of stockings and a pound of bird seed.

We both enjoyed our first ventures out into the world as women.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby AbbyGray » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am

Did think about making breasts and tried water filled balloons. But a combination of nerves, and that my fememin coat while actually fits well, I for got to allow for the added extras up front. I was just excited to to find a coat which I liked and fitted my orangutan like arms! (mens coats don't fit me well ether always to short on arms if they fit else were.) the embarrassing thing was I forgot to hide the water balloons and my son found them later in the day and was asking why are they water bombs in the bath tub? Er so we could frezz them and hit them with hammers? Which was an acceptable answer for him!
AbbyGray

Postby Roni57 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 am

A scarf, what a wonderful idea Miki. I'm also,thinking duh Roni you idiot. Celia, your ears are cute and pixieish...mine more like Dumbo. I can actually wiggle them. And they keep getting bigger! Last night I dressed in my cutest jeans, a lacy camisole under just a plain tight V neck Henley. Cold enough my nipples were prominent and Imalso don't have a suitable coat. I sat in the car but couldn't make myself leave the driveway.
Roni57
Regular

Postby AbbyGray » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am

Wiggling your ears with long dangley sparkling ear rings would make an exerllent ice breaker in conversations!
AbbyGray

Postby CeliaEriksson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 am

That's sweet Roni and funny Abby! Imagine that on a first date, a-wiggling your ears, that would be an amazing icebreaker!
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Roni57 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:That's sweet Roni and funny Abby! Imagine that on a first date, a-wiggling your ears, that would be an amazing icebreaker!

Oh h*** no, you didn't! That's just too funny Abby. Now I'm stuck with that mental image.
Roni57
Regular

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm