celebrating progress?

Share your most memorable experiences

celebrating progress?

Postby BK199 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:13 am

sometimes i see people sharing celebrations of milestones.

does this help?

i grew up in an abusive culture where such things were discourage.d i spent my whole life trying to get away from that 'cold, cold part of the world' and haven't finished. is this something i should try? thanks :)
BK199

Re: celebrating progress?

Postby Lesley Niyori » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 am

Anything positive inevitably helps.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:03 pm

I reached one a couple of weeks ago. The Great Woeful Betides of the Dreaded Abomination of Cruelty that is the Annual Barbaric Reality of Birthdays.... Woe, woe and thrice times woe!!!! 57 years of old age, another step down the long, cold dark road to nothingness!!!! My avator is from Spring this year though.... so vintage can be good, I hope I still look good.

.... Celia Eriksson is currently patiently transfixed upon her laptop screen waiting for nice compliments and will be unavailable for her amazing actually true honestly interesting fun thread stories for the duration......
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 pm

For myself only, I celebrate the day that I first went out in public dressed as my correct gender of an adult female. By today's standards of my fashion style, I am shocked and very amused at what I had on. A pale green scooped neck shirt, a red and green plaid, pleated short skirt ( almost a mini-skirt! ), nude shade pantyhose, black ballet-style slipper flats, and a black wig styled in Twin Tails with ribbons. Every year I celebrate Nov. 4th as my special day, one of a few special days that I observe to commemorate milestones in my 'transition'.
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Lesley Niyori » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:22 am

I've forgotten all of the 'moments' if my journey where the actual date is concerned.

My first time accepting I was transgender. No idea when it happened, I can't even recall what year it was.

The date when I told mom.

The date I went outside all me, none of him. But I do recall I was wearing a medium blue blouse, full-length jean skirt, I think I had on a knitted sleeveless button up light blue cardigan sweater. My larger black leather purse and I think I had on my longer hair length wig. I had on earrings I think. And lipstick I think.

But the day was great, because in a pastry store while waiting my turn at the counter, a middle-aged woman commented to the clerk, "serve that woman first" in reference to me. So I told the clerk while buying my bread, that I was buying the other woman's first treat as well. My first day out as me, and I get referred to as a woman by a woman.

I don't recall when I started hormone therapy other than sometime in the middle of 2014.
I think it was like 3 months when mercifully my male gear stopped 'functioning'. I think it was like 6 months in when I realized I wanted a man.

I'm mostly glad I can't remember almost all of 2015. Waaaaay too many buggered mangled stupidly naive moments while figuring out online dating. And I am still unsure I know a damned thing.

It was like 3/4s of the way through 2015 that I got the name and gender marker changed. I waited just so none of the divorce paperwork was mangled, something I did willingly for the ex. She did all the work, I just signed on the dotted line. I still haven't opened and read the final document. Unlikely to ever do it either. It's stored in a box here somewhere.

I still need to actually go to Quebec and solve my birth certificate. I hate being born in Quebec. Bloody big bunch of pains in the butt. The only good thing about Quebec is it has Dr. Pierre Brassard in Montreal. I can tell you aaaaall sorts of details from the last 5 months eh :)

I spent most of August in a sort of euphoric high. I was healed enough, and sort of benefitting from the attention of a man, and just so damned glad to be all the woman I had ever hoped to be.

May 3 2017 is when my life REALLY changed in any big fashion. I won at life, is how I think of GRS.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby BK199 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:58 am

um ,happy day Celia?

cheer up? lol ;)
BK199

Postby CeliaEriksson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:05 am

Erm.... Well,Happy Day to you too, I am sure.

:thumb:
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm