Came across some Mennonites yesterday.

Share your most memorable experiences

Came across some Mennonites yesterday.

Postby DawnF » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:56 am

My wife and I have a disabled son (along with 4 other children), and like to go to a state park that is well outside of town. We were alone yesterday at the park, and after a half hour or so, a Mennonite family showed-up, and then, another, and finally, a third one. The women were gawking at me in their long, plain color dresses (it was above 85 degrees) and white hair bonnets, as my hair is now just beyond my shoulders and I have been shaving down my arms. Finally, an older woman started talking to me, just so, I think, that she could end the conversation with, "May God bless you." The men just ignored me completely, but managed to keep their dirty looks to a minimum.

It was an interesting experience, a trans with his family alongside a group of Mennonites. But, everyone had a good time!
DawnF

Re: Came across some Mennonites yesterday.

Postby Andina » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 am

Yes the Womenonites are much more polite.

(Sorry).
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:22 pm

The Mennonites, at least the local ones, had a banner and a small posse walk in the Columbus Pride parade in Columbus, Ohio, USA this summer. The banner said something about the Mennonites are now an open and accepting church for transgender people. Really blew me away !
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby DawnF » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:13 pm

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:The Mennonites, at least the local ones, had a banner and a small posse walk in the Columbus Pride parade in Columbus, Ohio, USA this summer. The banner said something about the Mennonites are now an open and accepting church for transgender people. Really blew me away !

Wow! Glad to hear this, but I am not wearing a bonnet!
DawnF

Postby Lesley Niyori » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:11 am

There are days, many days when I seriously would not mind marrying someone like a Mennonite man.

I'm already massively old-fashioned, and most days I loathe the modern world and modern technology.

I wouldn't mind the clothing, I already prefer skirts or dresses, I don't hate blue, but I'd miss floral.

I'd like a man to be a man, an old-fashioned man even. I'd be alright being told he was the head of the home. I do actually prefer to live my life in the kitchen. I'm inherently religious in nature.

Heck if one proposed to me, and gave me a nice kitchen and a hobby room and a garden out back, I'd likely be over the moon.

Hard work on the farm? Well, my health would make that a problem, but I'd at least enjoy doing my best.

As long as I was allowed to read my romance novels, I'd probably not miss having a laptop to write them on.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Hard work on the farm? Well, my health would make that a problem . . . .

Really ? Five year olds are usually bursting with energy. Just look at a playground. Maybe you are not five years old, if you have the body of a 55 year old.
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Lesley Niyori » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Never said my body was 5 :)

Wish it was, it would be handy right now, I wouldn't be old enough to be having my period.

It's 8 here though and I'm late for my bedtime. My teddy bear never lates me stay up late.
If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm