Went out for a walk.

Share your most memorable experiences

Went out for a walk.

Postby Kidagakash » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:33 am

I finally got up the nerve to take a walk through the old neighborhood in my favorite outfit along with a wig I had purchased to see how I liked it. Other than the fact that the wig is rather cheap looking and it was rather WARM outside today it was a very positive experience. I walked about 2 miles along my usual route and stopped in to buy a soda at the half way point. I didn't go "all out" when I got dressed and ready to go, but this is the first time I have ever worn a wig along and womens clothes in public and I am glad I got past that insecurity. I actually wear the clothes all the time because they are just blue jeans and t shirts, but I am much more fond of the way they are tailored versus mens clothing. In the future though, I think I am going to go with a wig that's bit shorter, easier to style, and more realistic looking ^_^ *happy* I would post a picture here as well but as I said I didn't go all out so in my best opinion I think I ended up presenting as either androgenous or slightly feminine but it's good enough for now :D *edit* I may as well include the photo. It isn't THAT bad I guess
I would like to upload something more finished looking including makeup and a bit more attention to my attire. *shrugs*
Kidagakash

Re: Went out for a walk.

Postby Mom2TranAdult » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 am

Big step- and buying a sofa as well!! You look cool. Congrats! I'm curious - have you thought of just growing your hair longer if you like longer hair?
Mom2TranAdult
Regular

Re: Went out for a walk.

Postby Kidagakash » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Mom2TranAdult wrote:Big step- and buying a sofa as well!! You look cool. Congrats! I'm curious - have you thought of just growing your hair longer if you like longer hair?

Not only have I thought of it, but up until recently I had let my hair grow for several years. I made the very difficult decision to cut it all off when faced with the task of job hunting. Presenting as male makes it difficult to be hired for a new job when not "clean cut" as dress codes tend to be in this region. It took me weeks to go through with it, and was horribly sad after it was gone. That's when I bought the wig, which I was too embaressed to wear in public until this weekend. Besides that baldness runs in the family on both sides, men and women, and I'm starting to show already :/ I've thought about rogaine and all that but the quickest solution was to try a wig. I intend on growing my own hair again as soon as I have a job that permits it. So in the meantime, it's either a wig, or get used to crew cuts. I really wish people weren't refused a job simply because of the length of their hair, but that is the world I live in *sigh*
Kidagakash

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm