On the phone!

Share your most memorable experiences

On the phone!

Postby Tara » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I've been accepted as a woman at close to 100% in person, but the telephone, as for many, as been a challenge. But, on a phone job interview, today, The interviewer, referring to me in the third person, assumed female. As in, "I can present the résumé to our client, and explain to them that she still needs to talk this over with her partner, before committing to a relocation." The name on my résumé/CV is gender neutral, so he couldn't have taken a cue from that. Yes!!! (dances herself around the room)
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Re: On the phone!

Postby MorganWoolf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Congratulations!
Another victory! Huzzah! :D
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Savage She-Hulk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Sweet! :D
Savage She-Hulk
Regular

Postby DawnF » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Congrats! While on the phone, I am usually identified as a man, also; although, 5 or so years ago I called 911 as one of my children was choking (she was able to cough it out on her own) and the dispatcher told me repeatedly, "Madam, please calm down..." as I was sobbing during the whole time. And, so, I guess it depends on the circumstances.
DawnF

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm