I got a couple of potentially dangerous compliments.

Share your most memorable experiences

I got a couple of potentially dangerous compliments.

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:09 am

When I'm going to be staying in motels I never take anything but the clothes on my back. I rarely stay in them but when I do I always end up forgetting something (15 years ago it was a book my brother had given me for my birthday, last year it was my body wash) so I always stop and get the stuff I need as I need it.

Friday night I spilled something on my blouse and pants so I ran out to Wal Mart. On a whim I decided to see if I could pull off blue lipstick, too, so I got some. After I checked out I went into the restroom at the front of the store to change. Since the ladies room was backed up to the point that even with 4 toilets there was still a line forming outside I changed in the men's room.

As I was putting my lipstick on a man came in, said "oops. Sorry," stepped back out to check the sign on the door, I heard him mutter a confused "okay" and he went on about his business. Right after that an employee came in and said "I think you're in the wrong room." I said "I am, but the law requires me to use this one." He said "Okay. Never mind" and walked out.

I've had one guy ask, behind my back as he thought "is that a chick or a dude?" but before Friday I have never caused a guy to check the sign on the restroom door or have an employee say I should be in the ladies room.

And when I was looking for a motel room I stopped by one and an employee was on a smoke break. He asked if I was trying to check in and said there were no rooms. He looked genuinely shocked when he heard a somewhat masculine voice ask if he knew of any that might have vacancies.

Of course, these were a few guys. Women got an instant read on me all weekend. Young girls, I estimate between 16 and 20, were constantly smiling at me, but I couldn't tell if it was in that "good for you" way or because of how utterly ridiculous I looked in a wig that I couldn't keep out of my eyes.
"My birth control is not my boss' business. By the way, boss, you're going to be getting a bill for my ortho tri cyclen."
tiffany_elizabeth

Re: I got a couple of potentially dangerous compliments.

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:13 am

Well that's great! But for why dangerous? Or is that me being English, or silly, or both and missing American humour? Lap it up, dine on it, soak it in, in glory! Fly high on the wings of knowing you're desirable! I do. I've had proposals for dates, coffee, drinks and even guys follow me round the supermarket, usually quite weird looking though. I do hope it's because I'm cute rather than odd as well...., coz I don't over dress at all, just tight jeans and a top in this heat.

My finest moment recently was a wolf whistle from a scaffold lorry whilst walking over a bridge, my hair flying all over the place, with me trying to constantly tame it.... But all that's no good to me, you see I'm not with anyone and need to find a decent guy, that knows. It's not for the lack of trying. Take care sweetheart, I hope squillions of compliments bathe you in scrumptious oils of flatter and happiness! Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 pm

CeliaEriksson wrote:Well that's great! But for why dangerous? Or is that me being English, or silly, or both and missing American humour? Lap it up, dine on it, soak it in, in glory! Fly high on the wings of knowing you're desirable! I do. I've had proposals for dates, coffee, drinks and even guys follow me round the supermarket, usually quite weird looking though. I do hope it's because I'm cute rather than odd as well...., coz I don't over dress at all, just tight jeans and a top in this heat.

My finest moment recently was a wolf whistle from a scaffold lorry whilst walking over a bridge, my hair flying all over the place, with me trying to constantly tame it.... But all that's no good to me, you see I'm not with anyone and need to find a decent guy, that knows. It's not for the lack of trying. Take care sweetheart, I hope squillions of compliments bathe you in scrumptious oils of flatter and happiness! Celia xx

It's dangerous because it was in a Wal Mart that serves a pretty rural area. Most of the "good ol' boys" I know are decent "live and let live, you do your thing I'll do mine" guys contrary to what you hear around here about rural types. There are some, though, who fit the stereotype of the "tranny basher." If that first guy would have read me there's about a 20% chance things could have gotten ugly.

It did feel good, though. When I was a fairly androgynous 12 year old I had mall security guards question me when they saw me going into the ladies room, but I never dreamed I would actually be told I should be in the ladies room.

And to top it off, when I was trying on clothes in Wal Mart right before this the employee let me into the ladies fitting room without question. Of course, at most supercenters the fitting rooms are unisex, at least the two I frequent, one marked for handicapped but no gender markers on them, so I don't know if it's become company-wide policy and the ones that have yet to be remodeled just haven't removed the signs, if it was because I showed up in ladies clothing and was trying on ladies clothing, or if it was because there was a man in the men's fitting room and he would have put anyone, male or female, in the ladies fitting room because of that.
"My birth control is not my boss' business. By the way, boss, you're going to be getting a bill for my ortho tri cyclen."
tiffany_elizabeth

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Blue lipstick. I think anyone wearing blue lipstick should be shot on sight. Now, that dangerous.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby tiffany_elizabeth » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 pm

MikiSJ wrote:Blue lipstick. I think anyone wearing blue lipstick should be shot on sight. Now, that dangerous.

I happen to like blue. Unfortunately the tube I got seems like was half melted. It was more like a thin gel than anything I was use to. Ended up mostly coming off on my hand the first time I coughed.
tiffany_elizabeth

Postby MikiSJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:11 am

tiffany_elizabeth wrote:I happen to like blue. Unfortunately the tube I got seems like was half melted. It was more like a thin gel than anything I was use to. Ended up mostly coming off on my hand the first time I coughed.

There ya go! That defective tube of BLUE lipstick saved you from being shot! :P
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Emma2Sprt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 pm

LOL, I've made a guy double check the sign on the Men's room door too!

My circumstances were a bit different.

Where I work the company policies are...

Messed up to say the least. I could go on a rant about that catch 22 alone, but that should be another thread all together.

Anyway, at work I haven't transitioned. So I have to use the men's room.

I will have been on Hormones a Year at the end of this month. So, I have had quite a bit of my features change since I began Hormones.

I was at the sink washing my hands when this gentleman walks in and he looks at me and says "oops". He then backs out the door and looks at it. TWICE.

I was laughing about that the rest of the day, and no one at work will ever know why I had a smile on my face that day.
"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma Two Spirit
Emma2Sprt
New

Postby Tara » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Emma2Sprt wrote:Anyway, at work I haven't transitioned. So I have to use the men's room.

I'm in a similar situation, with much the same sort of results when visiting men have walked in while I was there. One even asked "am I in the wrong room?" Lately I've taken to walking to other buildings on the larger facility where people don't know me, and using either the ladies' room or a single fixture toilet, depending on the weather, and how much time flexibility I have.
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Postby Demon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

We need to make women's bathrooms legal again.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby HaleyWoolf » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Ha! Last year in a haunted house a giant man in a costume started playing with my hair from behind, when I said "what the hell?" He jumped back and gave me a very puzzled look. All he said was "Margo very confused", I told him "it's ok, I am too!" Best part is I wasn't even remotely trying to pass that night.
"Hey, have you heard this one? What do you call a woman with a penis..... HER NAME!"
HaleyWoolf
New

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm