A Very Interesting Realization

Share your most memorable experiences

A Very Interesting Realization

Postby jennanightshade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 am

So, I'm still fairly new in the community, as in, my realization was only a couple of weeks ago. But, I just realized something very interesting as I was looking at the time when I was forced to repress it, and now coming to terms with who I am.

All throughout my teenage years, and into my adulthood, (although, in all reality, I'm like 20 years old, so still fairly young) I realized that most of my thoughts were very pessimistic and hateful towards everyone. I liken it to two songs from the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The first is Beautiful Lie, a dark depressing song full of somber intensity, and a song that brings to mind a person who hates the world they live in, which was basically my whole life at the time. Now, the song that is playing is the song Is She With You?, a triumphant, heroic song. It symbolizes my realization that I am a powerful woman who isn't going to hide who she is any longer.

I just thought it said so much about me, how I was confused, and hated the world because I was forced to live a way that was wrong, and it was subconsciously affecting me, and now, for the first time, I feel no anger, hatred, or rage, and, in fact, am more calm on the inside than I was previously.
jennanightshade
New

Re: A Very Interesting Realization

Postby Lesley Niyori » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 am

Hey Jenna, not sure if you saw the film, not sure you have heard the song from the film that was so powerful with the transgender female community, but here, listen to this, listen carefully as you would with a woman's ears.

You will come to possibly understand why it brings tears to so many transgender women.

Of course in my case, I'm a snow bunny, so the setting is all the more relevant, blue is my colour and I like the cold and snow, and have a habit of walking in blizzards intentionally :)

Let It Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
I'm here to make friends and share in our journies.
I'm not here for anyone that can't control their need to be antisocial.
Treat me well, I treat you well. Treat me poorly, it won't be welcome.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Postby jennanightshade » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:45 am

I did see the film, and I have always loved that song. It is so inspirational, just because of Elsa finally accepting who she is (which is, in her case, a person with amazing control over snow and ice), and I agree that it is a perfect parallel to the transgender community, with our journey to accepting who we are inside, strong, beautiful women who can change the world.
jennanightshade
New

Postby Demon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 am

jennanightshade wrote:I did see the film, and I have always loved that song. It is so inspirational, just because of Elsa finally accepting who she is (which is, in her case, a person with amazing control over snow and ice), and I agree that it is a perfect parallel to the transgender community, with our journey to accepting who we are inside, strong, beautiful women who can change the world.

I once knew a man, on Facebook. His name was The Joker. He was a thailand man, with a skull bandana over his mouth, and sunglasses over his eyes. His profile pic was Elsa from Frozen. This man, will save us from Trump. Elsa is as cold as it gets.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Postby AbbyGray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 am

Let it go is a classic song. on the dark days I find bleed like me, by garbage reminds me that it's natural and common but hidden to feel that way, and you can sort out the problems in a way which works for you. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r21Qza6vadU

That and it's all over but the crying, garbage again is a song which I envision me as Abby singing to the male me, explaining that she leaving him I'm the past and moving on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxwS3_ ... bCO8mUR_3p
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Location: a bit south of Manchester (the original, not the American one.)

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm