At the park.

Share your most memorable experiences

At the park.

Postby Tara » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm at my mother's house for Thanksgiving, and I went for an 8 km/5 mile run at a local park this morning. After, I was all sweaty, cooling down and stretching, when a guy pulled up and parked near by. He started talking to me, asking if i was through working out, where i was going next. It took me a few moments to realize he was hitting on me.

Creepy, and I got out of there. And yet. A guy was hitting on my 50-something self.
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Re: At the park.

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Imagine if you had grown up as a cis-woman and were subject to male advances nearly every day of your teen and adult life.

Unfortunately, what you experienced is part of life as a woman. Being a 50 year old woman simply means you will be chatted up less frequently.

As she was walking out of the parking lot across the street, a man walking with a woman was just in front of her. The man stopped while the woman continued on. As my friend approach the man, he started to chat her up and at one point asked her if she would like to go back to his car for a brief conversation while his wife found her table at wherever they were eating that night.

Sigh!
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Re: At the park.

Postby Tara » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 am

Yikes!
~*~ Tara

“What do you fear, lady?” he asked.
“A cage,” she said. “To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tara

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm