I wore my full-skirt tonight!

Share your most memorable experiences

I wore my full-skirt tonight!

Postby DawnF » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 pm

It was just outside my house, as I had to move my car. First time getting in wearing a skirt, and I shut it in the car door! (Practice, practice, practice...) My neighbor saw me, but as it was dark, not sure if he recognized me or not. But, still, it was nice to go out into public for the very first time!! :)
DawnF

Re: I wore my full-skirt tonight!

Postby Savage She-Hulk » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 pm

It's intimidating the first time. I hope this encourages you to do it again!
Savage She-Hulk
Regular

Postby DawnF » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:00 am

Yes, definitively! Thanks!! Overall, I find them to be more physically comfortable than pants, as I am sometimes given to a little excessive sweating and pants can become uncomfortable after awhile.
DawnF

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:57 pm

DawnF wrote:Yes, Thanks!! Overall, I find them to be more physically comfortable than pants . . . .

Good for you, Dawn. When I began to present as an adult female out in public, I never did mess around with wearing any style of pants, as I always disliked the built-in implied maleness factor of pants. So I skipped over the 'andro' stage and went right to wearing skirts and dresses. Best fashion selection that I ever made !!! You know your own circumstances, and what kind of fashion statement and style that you want to project, but know that it is an intensely satisfying and a special joy to be in the minority of women who prefer to wear dresses and skirts most of the time. You go, girl !

http://www.tgboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16189
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby MikiSJ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

It only counts if you post a picture of your outing! :wink:

I am glad you made the effort to show the world who you really are. Keep it up.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby mitzidog » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:39 am

I've been wearing skirts and dresses almost exclusively in public since coming out. I do prefer them to trousers (pants are underwear in the UK), although as summer turns to autumn I may relent to the weather.

May your adventures continue and bring you happiness.
mitzidog

Postby DawnF » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Thanks, everyone! You are all such an inspiration to me!!

Love,

Dawn
DawnF

Postby DawnF » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Part II (and, III -- hope that this provides a little inspiration to others, as you have all been such an inspiration to me!)

Part II -- Went out again, this time, determined to walk around the block. Silly skirt, which wears fine indoors, kept falling down while walking! Past a house and this guy (who is married) said, "Hey, how you doing?" I just ignored him, and kept walking, holding my skirt up with my hand! No other comments or other sounds; I think that he may at least have been convinced that I was "a girl". (He seemed like he was "skirt happy".) Now, I know why a lot of women just simply choose to ignore men!!

Part III -- I wanted my night to be a little more of a success, and so, went home and got my pants belt; wrapped it around my skirt snugly and with the tee over it, no one could notice, especially, in the dark. Walked almost a mile this time, and to conclude things, decided to take a short drive in the car, but once again, got the skirt caught in the door! Parked on a deserted street, and with a few more practice attempts, got things right! :thumb:

Part IV -- have to buy some sun-glasses... I think that I'll feel a little more comfortable, at least until the hair grows down past my shoulders.
DawnF

Postby MorganWoolf » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:18 pm

So.....back when I wore dresses/skirts...I don't think I ever didn't get my long skirts caught in the car door.
Nope, never did figure out how to get in a car with a skirt.

Congratulations though! You even got a guy to talk to you! I think there are several cis-girls who would be jealous of that. :P
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Emma2Sprt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Oh wow, thank you for taking me down my own memory lane. (And I mean that in a good way.)

I remember my first couple attempts at going out in public en Femme. Early dark 30 so I could use the cover of darkness to pull it off and feel safe doing it.

Now I'm to the point where I wear whatever I need to wear. Mostly jeans, simply because skirts just don't work well riding on a Motorcycle at all.

Can't say I hadn't entertained the thought of doing that, but safety on my bike is rather critical. So, a skirt on one of those things is out of the question.

That's not to say skirts are not part of my wardrobe, because they are. I do tend to mix function and style with how I dress most of the time.
"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma Two Spirit
Emma2Sprt
New

Postby DawnF » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I have seen a lot of biker women in full skirts on motorcycles, and a few on bicycles as well! I think that the latter would be especially dangerous!
DawnF

Postby Emma2Sprt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Actually no it wouldn't, Dawn.

I have taken a lot of bicycle safety courses over the years and a motorcycle safety course, just so I could get my motorcycle endorsement on my drivers licence so I could ride on the road legally.

Try doing a search for motorcycle safety gear and one for bicycle safety gear and you will see the obvious differences in the two.

Here's some more resources to look at that will show you the differences.

Motorcycles:

https://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/BRCHandbook.pdf

https://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/mom_v16_color_hi_res.pdf

Bicycles:

http://exchange.aaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AAA-Bike-Basics.pdf

http://www.nj.gov/transportation/commuter/bike/pdf/BIKEBASI.PDF
"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma Two Spirit
Emma2Sprt
New

Postby AllysonWonderland » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 am

[quote="DawnF"]It was just outside my house, as I had to move my car. First time getting in wearing a skirt, and I shut it in the car door! (Practice, practice, practice...) My neighbor saw me, but as it was dark, not sure if he recognized me or not. But, still, it was nice to go out into public for the very first time!! :)[/quote]
EEEEK!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I bet that was a very exciting moment in your journey. Sorry for the late response, I literally just joined this forum. I love reading posts from people that share their "first-times". i have some many to share!! I hope to see more from you! Good luck!!!!! Lots of hugs!! =^.^= ~Meow
AllysonWonderland
New

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm