Parents

Share your most memorable experiences

Parents

Postby mitzidog » Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 am

Going to see my parents today, planned for months, but I am going to have to do the coming out thing as I couldn't have them find out from anywhere else. Wish me luck. I think they'll be fine, they are very tolerant, but it is still a big deal.
mitzidog

Re: Parents

Postby MorganWoolf » Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am

I will be rooting for you! Gooooooooo Mitzidog! :D
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Shay » Thu May 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Good for you! I hope all goes well and can't wait to here the update!
Shay
New

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Here's a shot in the arm of Little Girl Spirit, sent to guide your way, and to keep your hopes up !
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SilverGray

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby mitzidog » Sun May 21, 2017 9:08 am

That couldn't have gone better if I had written it. They were entirely understanding and supportive, they just advised me to be absolutely sure before I did anything irreversible. Had a lovely weekend with them as well.

I put to bed some other ghosts of my relationship with them as well. While I hope they last forever, if they went tomorrow, I would be happy they know that I love them.

My wife was dreading it and in the car on the way home she was saying she had found it a really positive experience.

There will be difficult times, but that is a big step along the way.
mitzidog

Postby CeliaEriksson » Sun May 21, 2017 10:59 am

So pleased for you honey. My, things are moving along! Now it is practise, practise, practise and you will be gorgeous with those curves. Very best wishes, Celia xxxx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby MorganWoolf » Sun May 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations :)
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm

High Five that you 'Aced the Test', Mitzi !!!
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SilverGray

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Savage She-Hulk » Sun May 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Well done! This sort of thing is very encouraging! :D
Savage She-Hulk
New

Postby sasha » Sat May 27, 2017 3:52 am

Kudos !! I'm really glad everything went so well for you :thumb: How did you tell them ?

I'm visiting my parents next week. I think I should come out to them too but I'm a bit scared. When my mother phoned me for my birthday earlier this month she asked about the presents my wife got me (two beautiful tank-tops, one with a picture of Waverly Earp from the series Wynonna Earp and one with a unicorn that reads "Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then be a unicorn" — have almost worn them the whole month long) so I told her that they were 'tops' (I don't really know if there is such a general word in english, the conversation was in french, I said «un haut» which is quite vague), really beautiful yes mum, but no, not quite like what I already had :lol: I feel the time has come to tell them, I came to terms with who I was several months ago now.

How long have you people waited before coming out to your loved ones ?
sasha
New

Postby mitzidog » Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 am

I just told them. Fist I told them about the treatment I had been having for anxiety, and how well that was going and then told them that the weight off my mind from that treatment being so successful had revealed issues around my gender identity.

Went to see the in-laws this weekend. My wife told her sister, who is very supportive, but the brother-in-law and mother-in-law are dealing with my niece's F2M issues at the moment and so it is not the right moment. Nevertheless I had rainbow nailpolish on, so I don't think it will be a huge surprise when they do get told.
mitzidog

Postby sasha » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:30 am

Hehe, compliments for the rainbow nailpolish ! :lol:
And thanks for your advice, I'll try and do just like you : tell them about how I feel and how I discovered it. I really hope they do take it well because I have tons of questions to ask them about my childhood now. I wonder if there were clues about who I really was back then.
sasha
New

Postby MikiSJ » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:03 am

mitzidog wrote:...they just advised me to be absolutely sure before I did anything irreversible.

I am so sorry mitzi but I just got caught up in irony of their request.

IAC, good for you! :)
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby mitzidog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:31 am

I know what you mean, but I also know what they mean too, and it was meant with love. :D
mitzidog

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm