Went shopping for cosmetics

Share your most memorable experiences

Went shopping for cosmetics

Postby Kidagakash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I know this doesn't technically count as out and about, but I do consider it a minor milestone as far as confidence goes. I went shopping for cosmetics at the local walgreens today! Up until now, I had always bought what I wanted online, or had someone else pick up things for me. I actually went to 4 different stores before I got the nerve to go pick out what I wanted. I have been trying to work on my eyes lately, so now I have a new eyelash curler and some clear mascara! ^_^ I'm going to try working on my eyebrows too. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
Kidagakash
Regular

Re: Went shopping for cosmetics

Postby Shizuku » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 am

Congrats! It's always good to hear about someone making progress. Heh, I still remember the first time I bought cosmetics at Rite Aid a couple of years ago.

I wish that I could offer advice, but you probably know more than I do. Although this might be useful because it's very informative.

This
might be useful for eyebrow shaping.
Shizuku

Postby helen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:42 am

Kidagakash wrote:I know this doesn't technically count as out and about, but I do consider it a minor milestone as far as confidence goes. I went shopping for cosmetics at the local walgreens today! Up until now, I had always bought what I wanted online, or had someone else pick up things for me. I actually went to 4 different stores before I got the nerve to go pick out what I wanted. I have been trying to work on my eyes lately, so now I have a new eyelash curler and some clear mascara! ^_^ I'm going to try working on my eyebrows too. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I got my brows shaped and tinted at a local salon that does threading. Didn't hurt as much as I expected. I also picked up some shop brand eyebrow dust and an applicator brush. It is so, so much easier that using a pencil.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby Kidagakash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for the link to that thread! I am going to have to refer to a bunch of what I read when I work on my eyes again. I have also considered getting the eyebrows done professionally and just maintaining them afterwards but sadly I've reached my budget limit for things like that right now :/ I might be try some eyebrow pencil techniques I read though as they seem effective and low cost.
Kidagakash
Regular

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm