Went shopping for cosmetics

Share your most memorable experiences

Went shopping for cosmetics

Postby Kidagakash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

I know this doesn't technically count as out and about, but I do consider it a minor milestone as far as confidence goes. I went shopping for cosmetics at the local walgreens today! Up until now, I had always bought what I wanted online, or had someone else pick up things for me. I actually went to 4 different stores before I got the nerve to go pick out what I wanted. I have been trying to work on my eyes lately, so now I have a new eyelash curler and some clear mascara! ^_^ I'm going to try working on my eyebrows too. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
Kidagakash

Re: Went shopping for cosmetics

Postby Shizuku » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 am

Congrats! It's always good to hear about someone making progress. Heh, I still remember the first time I bought cosmetics at Rite Aid a couple of years ago.

I wish that I could offer advice, but you probably know more than I do. Although this might be useful because it's very informative.

This
might be useful for eyebrow shaping.
Shizuku

Postby helen2b » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:42 am

Kidagakash wrote:I know this doesn't technically count as out and about, but I do consider it a minor milestone as far as confidence goes. I went shopping for cosmetics at the local walgreens today! Up until now, I had always bought what I wanted online, or had someone else pick up things for me. I actually went to 4 different stores before I got the nerve to go pick out what I wanted. I have been trying to work on my eyes lately, so now I have a new eyelash curler and some clear mascara! ^_^ I'm going to try working on my eyebrows too. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I got my brows shaped and tinted at a local salon that does threading. Didn't hurt as much as I expected. I also picked up some shop brand eyebrow dust and an applicator brush. It is so, so much easier that using a pencil.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby Kidagakash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for the link to that thread! I am going to have to refer to a bunch of what I read when I work on my eyes again. I have also considered getting the eyebrows done professionally and just maintaining them afterwards but sadly I've reached my budget limit for things like that right now :/ I might be try some eyebrow pencil techniques I read though as they seem effective and low cost.
Kidagakash

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon May 29, 2017 7:43 am

I've always used pencils, it is far easier, cheaper and they last ages and you can get lots of shades of them. I pluck to keep the line with tweezers, that's easy to do but requires patience, better to under pluck than take too much out! I keep my brow trimmed with comb and razor. Place the comb flat working all over the brow, that is before, under, over and at the tip, against the brow growth, sliding the razor gently over the comb to keep the brow trim. Be careful not to let the razor slide off the comb and don't do it if you are in a hurry! The comb needs to be small and thin. Start with a fatter comb if you are a bit worried and have long brow hairs. It's a cheap and easy way to maintain them.

If you have never shaped your brow though, you could go to the salon to get the line right then maintain it, but be warned, they might not finish up how you wanted them after a trip to the salon.

Most important factor is to take your time and with brows, mistakes and a bad line are right there on your face, go easy.
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm