hi Sets Of Your Shoes

Share your most memorable experiences

hi Sets Of Your Shoes

Postby UnlikeARose » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:00 am

hi I have two pairs of shoes at time of writing . One is a sandal without any thingy that gets between my toes which is yucky . Thats a beautiful orange color; without anything except faux materials . Two is a high heel which is five incline size high . In fact that high heel allows me to wear it because of that incline; with it I can worry regarding my foots length; incline makes that necessary to wear a five incline size high heel; although my foots width isnt a problem now currently .
Die welt war nicht was ich davon getraumt; aber besser als die dunkelheit im traum.
UnlikeARose

Re: hi Sets Of Your Shoes

Postby Bea » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:43 am

It sounds like you need more shoes!
Bea

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:17 pm

Nobody can say that they have enough shoes, or the correct, proper shoes, until they have a nice pair of Mary Janes; flats, pumps, or Mary Jane high heels, IMO.

I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SilverGray

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby UnlikeARose » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:43 pm

hi Bellbottoms .
Die welt war nicht was ich davon getraumt; aber besser als die dunkelheit im traum.
UnlikeARose

Postby Toku » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 pm

I've got two pairs of tac boots, two pairs of trainers/sneakers, one pair of Converse, a pair of smart dress shoes, a pair of hiking boots that are new but too small 'cause T made me go up two shoe sizes apparently, and some biker boots.

Not going to be outdone by me, are you? ;)
Toku

Postby helen2b » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:42 am

I don't know if it is the frilly socks with those Mary Janes CBLP, but to my eye, they make those shoes look awfully childish. Something a mom might dress their 5 or 6 yr old daughter in.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 pm

helen2b wrote:I don't know if it is the frilly socks with those Mary Janes CBLP, but to my eye, they make those shoes look awfully childish. Something a mom might dress their 5 or 6 yr old daughter in.

Point taken, but I still feel that Mary-Janes can be a shoe fashion that everyone who wants to, from little girl to grandmother, can and should use.

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Rheya » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 am

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:
helen2b wrote:I don't know if it is the frilly socks with those Mary Janes CBLP, but to my eye, they make those shoes look awfully childish. Something a mom might dress their 5 or 6 yr old daughter in.

Point taken, but I still feel that Mary-Janes can be a shoe fashion that everyone who wants to, from little girl to grandmother, can and should use.

Mary-Janes do come in a lot of variety, essentially it's just a low open shoe with a strap across and a sturdy heel. Although as much as I adore them I always image I'd look pretty awful in Mary-Janes, feels like the kind of shoe that looks best on short and average length people who have small or average sized feet that are also smooth feet and not bony ones full of veins - and I don't fit into any of that criteria.

I really need to get myself a new pair of heels, have been without heels now for over a year - except for feeling good and being a hell of a confidence boost, heels do wonders for my posture because you can't slouch in them. All I have now are these flat summer shoes and I honestly still haven't quite figured out how to walk properly in them, or perhaps I just refuse to succumb to their twisted morbid heel-lessness.
Rheya

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 am

The more sophisticated and adult-like version of cute, little girl Mary-Janes, the kind of adult MJ's that I often wear---

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Rheya » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Oh dear heavens those shoes are making my heart melt.

Don't think I've ever worn shoes like that without it chafing my heel off. Never found a way around that problem so I always stick with boots of some kind nowadays.
Rheya

Postby Ashley@Heart » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Aww.. I so need to get snappy on my dressing game.. I am reluctant to spend too much because I am in stealth and HRT will likely change how things fit in time but finding a style for myself is so tiring. Right now I am sticking to androgynous like geeky Vans shoes... I am also kind of sensitive about the size of my feet.. (yea it is a mental thing and I know I am normal for my size 13.5 US woman's) So shoes that make my feet look larger kind of drive me mad.. so does any other tall girls out there have suggestions for shoes that put a smile on their faces?

-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby helen2b » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Caroline, the best shoes for making your feet seem smaller are heels because of the slant your foot takes while wearing them. Also try to get shoes with rounded toes, pointy toed shoes exaggerate the length of your feet.

Out to kids: Nov. 2015
Legal name changed 09/11/2016
Driver's Lic., Medicare and Bank accounts amended 22/11/2016
Out to work 17/01/2017
Out to siblings 06/03/2017

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.
helen2b

Postby Ashley@Heart » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah I am working up to it. I just think low heels will be too little and higher heels will make me look huge. I guess I just need to try some and see.
-Carolyn

“To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.”
― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby kris » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 pm

You could try for something like a chelsea boot or a similar boot style in a low to mid heel or a wedge. You may be able to size down a touch and your toes won't press into the fabric and distort it. May cause mild discomfort if you aren't used to snug fit, but provided you don't go crazy, they should wear in. Style options range from very feminine to more unisex. At size 13 or 13.5 you do have less options, but you still have some options.

My winter boots are boots I got for free. A pair of Sorels which were samples from work. I am (or at least was) a men's 10.5, but these women's 10.5 somehow fit. Not properly, but once the leather wore a bit, I could wear them comfortably for walking five to ten kilometers in the city. For free boots which look cute on me, I am okay with a bit of a snug fit. They only have a one inch heel though (I think). If they had a taller heel, that tight fit might cause more problems.
kris

Postby Ashley@Heart » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks, I have seen these and liked them on one of the other girls. I can't tell you how much I am wishing hormones shrink my feet and height some.. hehe.. a pipe dream to be sure but I still cling to the hope that shopping at a regular shoe store might give me one or two shoes to pick from rather than zero.

Oh well back to picking up more underwear and deciding on new tops to try...
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Rheya » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Ashley@Heart wrote:Thanks, I have seen these and liked them on one of the other girls. I can't tell you how much I am wishing hormones shrink my feet and height some.. hehe.. a pipe dream to be sure but I still cling to the hope that shopping at a regular shoe store might give me one or two shoes to pick from rather than zero.

Oh well back to picking up more underwear and deciding on new tops to try...

Chelsea boots are sort of unisex - or is that just me? Could work and still keep you sort of stealth. You would look tremendous in high heels, though.
Rheya

Postby Ashley@Heart » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Rheya wrote:Chelsea boots are sort of unisex - or is that just me? Could work and still keep you sort of stealth. You would look tremendous in high heels, though.

Heh.. I suspect this is all a part of my growth.. I freely admit that girly flats don't do much for me but I am still growing my comfort in appearing physically female to others. So I hide behind comfortable and androgynous things.
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Rheya » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

That can be a really good thing, to take it slow. I feel like I really rushed into things when I began transition - once I started hormones I abandoned everything androgynous. Everything was short skirts and high heels from then on. The problem was that I still had not really formed any sense of self-esteem or confidence in who I was and how I felt so in the beginning I was totally reliant on other people defining my gender and self for me rather than it coming from me - emotionally, I took from others more than I gave.

Going slow with it and building up your own sense of self, giving the emotions some time to be processed and understood is most likely the better way for most people to go about it. We all handle it differently because we're all different, but even though I'm fine now, when I look back it's clear to me that I did not do things very well. Other transpeople I knew admired me for my boldness but it did me more harm than good especially since people then expected me to be fine and no one really paid attention to the fact that I wasn't, so even though I was surrounded by people like me I felt very lonely because I had to pretend to be strong for everyone else - had to lead by an example that I wasn't.

Bit of a droning on there at the end, been awfully introspective today.
Rheya

Postby Ashley@Heart » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:49 pm

I find that because I lack that strong drive to express myself in clothes and makeup what I am attracted to depends on how I feel about myself. Mostly I seek comfort in things layered almost invisibly to build up myself or are like things I have always worn. But lately I have been finding that I can be drawn out and have a far more aggressively feminine side in private. I suspect that stealthy me will slowly disappear as my confidence builds.

Thanks!
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Lucy-chan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I have three pairs of flats and a pair of filp-flops.

I want heels, next....
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Ashley@Heart wrote:But lately I have been finding that I can be drawn out and have a far more aggressively feminine side in private.

You can wear items around the house until you feel comfortable, and when that happens, go out in public. For instance, buy a comfortable pair of Mary-Janes ( no surprise that I use this style as an example ), instead of basketball shoes, Tims, or the trashy loafer shoes that men typically wear, and wear the MJ's at home until you almost forget that you are wearing them. This may take days, weeks, or months, depending on your constitution. Then, you are ready to wear them out in public, and while out, almost forget that you are wearing them.

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Ashley@Heart » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:47 pm

CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:wear the MJ's at home until you almost forget that you are wearing them. This may take days, weeks, or months, depending on your constitution. Then, you are ready to wear them out in public, and while out, almost forget that you are wearing them.

You and MJs! You are so cute about that... Yea.. and there is where it all falls apart. It will be awhile before I can do that. The best I can do is wait until after the kids are in bed. At some point hormones will make things hard to ignore and maybe I will be allowed to tell them. Or we will separate and I will do as I please.

But in about 48 hours I will be in Seattle and I hope if I can knock down these fears spend 8 days as Carolyn where nobody but my friends know me as anything else. And yes maybe shoes will enter the picture if I can find any my size I at least like. I know about two days in I will run out of "travel" clothes.. so it is girl stuff or bust! :lol:
-Carolyn

― e.e. commings
Ashley@Heart

Postby Lucy-chan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:17 am

For those of us ladies with larger feet, May i suggest.....

https://www.longtallsally.com/shoes/heels/c
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby KohanaTheCat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:17 am

[quote="CuteButLooksPregnant"]The more sophisticated and adult-like version of cute, little girl Mary-Janes, the kind of adult MJ's that I often wear---

[img] https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... e7a042.jpg [/img][/quote]

These are lovely. Where did you buy these from? :)

(Quote is not displaying correctly for some reason :roll: )
KohanaTheCat
New

Postby Ileni » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:00 am

Ashley@Heart wrote:So shoes that make my feet look larger kind of drive me mad.. so does any other tall girls out there have suggestions for shoes that put a smile on their faces?

Well... i used to have 12.5 (US) (6,2 tall), when i was very, very fat. And because of that big belly size of shoes did not matter anyway (question of balance :) ) - so i bought pumps and boots with 1,8 inch heels.
as if one is on the heavy side a bit, one can wear more prominent shoes.

nowadays these seem a tad too much (with me looking a pole more than a ball) - so for day2day use i wear flat sneakers, ballerinas and mocassins with 1 - 2 inch max., these are very versatile - and ballerina-mocassins as on that image you can wear in "male mode", too

If you are en femme and want to "shorten" your feet optically, you can do this with these, because there's no "dark bar" optically lenghten it:

have fun on your feet!

Eleni
Life is short. And then you die.
Ileni
New

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 am

KohanaTheCat wrote:
CuteButLooksPregnant wrote:The more sophisticated and adult-like version of cute, little girl Mary-Janes, the kind of adult MJ's that I often wear---

These are lovely. Where did you buy these from?

The picture is off of the Internet, but one can find this style of Mary Janes at DSW ( Discount / Designer Shoe Warehouse ), or at Payless Shoe Source.

With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Return to Out and About

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm