advice required. help.

Significant Others, Family, and Friends

advice required. help.

Postby AbbyGray » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 am

Any ideas on how I cam help my partner? I know it's effecting her badly that I have come out to her. She is understanding and supporting so far, helping picking a few cloths and even some Bb cream to help me feel better about my self. But she is withdrawn and I don't know what to do! I am feeling the best about my self in my whole life, and even was able to look into a mirror with out feeling disgust and wanting to cry. But feeling is being shattered with panic attacks at what is possibly ahead evey get hours I am having. I am just lost at what to do! I am so scared and want to talk to her, but I don't want to over burden her considering what she is going though.
AbbyGray

Re: advice required. help.

Postby AbbyGray » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:57 am

Just found out that where we work ( we work in the same department at a university) there is a team that is there to help students who are trans, but apparently they can help staff to by the look of it. So a phone call in the morning hopefully. ..
AbbyGray

Postby Roni57 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:41 am

That's wonderful!
Roni57
Regular

Postby AbbyGray » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:15 am

Well on a waiting list to be assessed for counciling on the local depression and angisity unit. Going to talk to gp next week and explain why I have been coming in the the depression for years. Very worried about my partner, she swaps between kind of supportive to cold. Which I understand, as it is traumatic for her all this. When I told her I was going to try and go as Abby with a friend, to see if that helps with the issues. She kind of agreed but turned round later saying that you wouldn't give alcohol or drugs to an addict would you? But since coming out to her the depth of the pain I feel just get deeper s. Just seams every path is dark deep and painful, the main damage is now done, I know that. Even if I started to hide again it would never be the same. :-( the only up side is the two work friends I have come out to are highly supportive and I have spoken to my boss and explained the situation and again supportive of any path that I end up taking, and now understands why I have been getting more depressed over the years and affecting my ability to work. I am so glad I work here even if it's stressful. Although a done up howie lab coat does feel like a dress on the days I need it!
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Postby Roni57 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:47 am

I watch and wait, praying things work out for you.
Roni57
Regular

Postby AbbyGray » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Well things have improved at home. :-D she still not loving the idea but understands more now and see how far I need to go and how she feels then. But we still love each other and she said she can see the difference in my moods now I am open to her and no longer trying to keep a lid on it.
Don't eat the purple cheese. Pratchett
To those who've survived: Breath. That's it. Once more. Good. Your good. Even if you're not, you're alive. That is a victory. Jemisin
AbbyGray

Return to Relationships

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm