I hate my boss.....

Significant Others, Family, and Friends

I hate my boss.....

Postby Lucy-chan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm

I'm not great at dealing with anger. Ive just had an outburst at work. My boss is a twat, i cant deal with him anymore.

My boss is like Ricky gervais from the office, he thinks he's the best manager in the world. But he's just rubbish. And he uses me as a whipping boy, and pulling me down at every opportunity. I once overheard him turning me down for a promotion. Heaven forbid i told he i was trans. It would be another stick to beat me with.

I feel as I'm trapped in an eternal triangle. Being trans, my mam, and my boss. Each one keeping me down in the shit.

The plan is to find the strength to deal with my mam, transition. And then have the emotional confidence to soar as a person, and start getting the success if feel i should have.

But, i don't know what to do.... I really don't. I can stand my life anymore. Its not fair. I deserve a bit of happiness.... What did i do to deserve all the shit. Im not a bad person....
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Re: I hate my boss.....

Postby MorganWoolf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:36 pm

*Nods*

Yup.

Life is shit, it's not fair. As much as we beat our heads against a wall about it those facts will not change.
The question is, when life does this to us, do we let it happen or do something about it? It's much easier to let things happen. It is much much harder do try to do something about it.
It takes courage, it takes fight...but once you gather your courage and do what you know you need to do to find your happiness, you will find your victory. And you will grow and become stronger in many aspects.

This is a challenge.

Don't let "them" win.

And always remember you are not alone. :)
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Lucy-chan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks morgan.... I just feel paralyzed by circumstance, sometimes.....
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby MikiSJ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Does your boss have a boss you can take your problem to, even if it may mean your termination.

As an employee, you really only have two choices: live with your boss's attitude towards you, OR fight back. Each choice has its downside.
    I met my wife where we worked together in 1975. My boss was truly a bigot. He once admitted to me the reason he left Grosse Pointe, MI to move to California was there was too many 'Jew K****' living next to him.

I was in his office one day discussing something we disagreed upon (an internal operating procedure). The conversation was starting to ramp up and went over the top when he casually said 'Mike, you know you'll never amount to anything because you are Italian'.

What happened next is too long to post except to say I left the company and this manager was fired shortly thereafter.
I totally understand that most of us don't have the wherewithal to put their economic future on the line to protect their personal worth. The 'man' has us by the short hairs; always has and always will. The pain of pulling away and having those short hairs ripped out is great. It is only when you are willing to put up with the pain of having those hairs ripped out can you be free.

I know first hand what it takes to break that bond. It takes courage, and some may say, a foolhardiness to put your personal and family's worth, emotional and financial, on the line and walk away from a very bad situation.

While I felt a fantastic liberation as a new business owner, I traded one bad situation for another. I now had suppliers, bankers, building departments AND customers that I had to deal with. You can never, ever, get away from someone with a power over your future. It is how you deal with those powers that will determine your survival.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Postby Papillon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:19 am

Nobody likes being lorded over, especially if the person doing the lording is an arsehole.

I don't have much to add, except to point out that whether your boss is a jerk has nothing to do with you being trans (if I read right, you are still stealthed). So what I'm trying to get at is, don't allow your internal struggles with your gender orientation allow your mood to be coloured when it comes to your boss.

He is your boss but not your superior, and you are definitely not the only person in the world to suffer under a bad boss. Long story short, make yourself indispensable, then bugger off for greener pastures.

Who knows, you might just join a new company where you will want to come out! :thumb:
Papillon

Postby sophieN » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:20 pm

i think life is always giving to us little instructions in the way of metaphor ..kinda like the way dreams use imagery as metaphor ….that is, the more instructive dreams. we don’t always know how to listen, though or, interpret our personal little hieroglyphs. too often, it’s fear that we nourish, little by little. we don’t mean to but we do. it rots the confidence that is rightfully ours. your future belongs to you. sometimes, we earthlings are consumed with the worry of making a bad decision but, everyday, life is showing us what to do …to the point of causing pain, it does. there’s a saying, i can’t remember how it goes but it’s something like, once you make a decision, providence lends itself to your cause in ways that you could not foresee.

it seems reasonable, we are supposed to live confident lives. then again, i could be wrong. but i don’t think so. :)
sophieN

Return to Relationships

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm