Is it just a lonely life?

Member to member real life support

Is it just a lonely life?

Postby Janis McCarty » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:39 am

I very much appreciate my online friends. But, I am so lonely for every day real face to face people. I live in a small farming area between Seattle and Vancouver. There are a couple support groups here. They are each just a few folks who meet infrequently. That is nice. But, I have nobody to do things with, share or even interact with. Do I have to have a life totally alone? What have you done to meet local friends? Is it possible?
Janis McCarty
New

Re: Is it just a lonely life?

Postby dreamin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 am

my feeling is that you'd be better off broadening your LGBT "umbrella" scope and consider if there might be more avenues to pursue in those other directions. while the rest of the LGB-ers aren't gonna have the built-in compassion that you'd otherwise enjoy by default from folx in the 'T' portion of the rainbow, they'll likely still be able to quickly acclimate to you and get down to experiencing the group fun you seek

either that or go to one of the 2 ginormous cities you're in between, given that an even split between them is still only 1hr 15mins away at most (according to google) :)
"I'm a lone wolf, Brook, and a vicious one. Don't make me rip your throat out with my teeth." Piper - oitnb
dreamin

Location: up in your browser's cache, throwin' around bitcoins

Re: Is it just a lonely life?

Postby MikiSJ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Janis

It is great that you have online friends and have met some folk in local groups - but at best, you have limited your exposure to a very small number of potential friends.

Like 'normal' folk, expand your chances of finding friends (actual human type friends) by going back to school, church groups, hobby groups, etc.
When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks. Doodling is allowed. I have started a new chapter but will still use a pencil.
MikiSJ

Return to Real World Support

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm