Muslim trans person in need of help.

Member to member real life support

Muslim trans person in need of help.

Postby Srl89 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I'm writing here because I could honestly use some advice right now. Basically, I'm from a muslim country, and have a muslim wife, no kids, and am in bondage to my government till early 2021. Last year I came to the realization that I was trans while I was overseas for work, and kind of went nuts for awhile. I started dressing up like a woman every chance I got, I started sleeping around with men so I could feel more girly, I took some pics and posted them online to share with my other crossdresser friends. It's been a real struggle trying to be normal since coming bacl hom. The problem is, somehow someone managed to leak my pics to my wife a few days ago and now she's demanding I divorce her. If she found out, then there's a real chance that this could go public over here. As it stands, I will lose my wife, my family will probably disown me and if this goes public I will lose my job and possibly even be thrown in jail or get a death sentence. There's no love for trans people where I live. If not for my bond to the government I'd already be packing to leave this place. So my question is, what would you do in my situation, as I'm just about at my wit's end. Also is it still really difficult for Muslims to immigrate to the states?
Srl89
New

Re: Muslim trans person in need of help.

Postby Andina » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:21 am

Hopefully there is a "neutral" source for legal advise in your country, you need professional help rather than bulletin board comments.
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby Srl89 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:40 am

No such thing as legal advice for trans people in my country, since we are not legally recognized here. Basically you have to be muslim to have citizenship, and being trans pretty much makes you a heretic in the public's eyes
Srl89
New

Postby MorganWoolf » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:45 pm

If I were you I would find a way to leave your country. But I am not you and I certainly do not know all of the complexities of your situation. I couldn't understand if I tried, but your situation is certainly frightening

I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to come over here to the United States since our president has been making it very difficult for people from Muslim countries/ refugees/ etc, to come. But it would be worth a try.

I have heard there are some countries in Europe that are accepting of Trans people, but I would be careful. I know Russia is not one of them.

I have no idea how you would immigrate to another country, but I thought I would post at least something to keep this post up on the list of new posts so that maybe someone who is more informed than I am can give you advice.

I'll ask a friend of mine about your situation who may know something and if I learn something I will let you know.

Would you be willing to tell us your country? It could be easier for us to find information for you. If not though, I understand. Your safety is paramount.
Please be safe.
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Srl89 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you for the kind words. I suppose there's no harm in saying where I'm from at this point since I'm about to lose everything I care about anyway. I'm from the Maldives. Might be one of only two or three trans people in the entire country. Also if it helps, I went to college in the states for four years, would that be helpful if I wanted to try and immigrate to the statea?
Srl89
New

Postby Andina » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:28 am

Wow, I looked it up - population only 286,400. Area 115 square miles, it doesn't say if that is at high tide or low tide! Average elevation less than 5 feet. Highest mountain 7 feet 10 inches! With rising sea levels and your personal problems its time to start making a canoe.
Andina
Board Moderator

Postby Srl89 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:46 am

Yeah it is a pretty unique place. Most people don't even know it exists. And overall it's a good country to live in if you're not trans and is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Srl89
New

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Srl89 wrote:Thank you for the kind words. I suppose there's no harm in saying where I'm from at this point since I'm about to lose everything I care about anyway. I'm from the Maldives.
Also if it helps, I went to college in the [United S]tates for four years, would that be helpful if I wanted to try and immigrate to the USA ?

On one hand, the current President of the United States has repeated implied by his actions and orders that he seemingly does not want Muslims coming to the USA to live or work. On the other hand, The Maldives do not seem to be a hotbed of Muslim or Islamic extremist activity, like the other Muslim nations that the President of the USA has mentioned. Because the current political climate in the USA is claiming political favors for those claiming to be Christian, maybe by you claiming to be Christian, and working through International Christian organizations, you could be granted political or religious protection and legal status in the USA, based on the fact that you supposedly are a threatened minority, a Christian, in a Muslim country, and are also a threatened minority, a transgender person, in a Muslim country. Do you have any work skills or professional training that you could use for the betterment of the USA work force ?

Can you immigrate to the UK, since the Maldives used to be under UK protection ? Could you immigrate to another UK protectorate or territory, such as the British Virgin Islands ? What about going to Puerto Rico, with the promise to help clean up and rebuild the island that is trashed because of the weather and political corruption ? Had you thought about immigrating to some out-of-the-way places like Iceland, The Falkland Islands, Touga, or St. Maartin ? Could you get into a country that is falling apart, with nobody even paying attention to your immigration, like Venezuela ?
I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail SpunGold

"Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope; to draw strength from...."

" TAILS ON !"
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby Srl89 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Thank you for the reply. I suppose I could claim that I am an atheist, that would have the same effect as claiming I am Christian, and would be more realistic. I cannot make that claim while in country though, as that would probably get me lynched. And yes, there are some countries that I can apply for asylum in like New Zealand, but I would very much prefer the US since I already have friends there. And I suppose I have enough skills to be an asset to the US, since I went to one of the armed forces colleges.
Srl89
New

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:44 am

I will point out that New Zealand has far more freedoms and civil rights than the united states.
Also, I have a friend who has a boyfriend from Belgium. He is white, atheist, and blonde.
He has tried to immigrate here multiple times and the process has failed each time over simple delays that were out of his control. So he has a work visa and every so often he has to leave the US for a year before he can return.

I would certainly remain open to any country you can escape to. After all, your life could very well be at stake.

If you already have friends here in the US, have you asked them about helping you out? What have they said?
Do not place me by a star where only it's light can encompass me, instead place me in the darkness. There I can behold the lights of all the stars in the universe.
MorganWoolf

Postby Srl89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:27 am

I have asked my best friend in the states about what to do and he suggested I apply for asylum in the US. Apparently I might have a good chance of getting that approved. And I do have someone like a boyfriend in the states, and he's agreed to let me stay with him. But like you said the process is so tedious to move to America. I'm just afraid to move to another country without any support and end up homeless
Srl89
New

Postby MorganWoolf » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:27 pm

I would pursue that then.

A few years ago I did hear that if you go to New Zealand, even as a tourist, when you land you have the option to obtain a work visa (I was told this in High School by a teacher 10 years ago). I don't know if that is still the case but it may be a good back up plan in case your attempt to come to the states doesn't work.

Have you tried applying for asylum yet?
I would honestly try to get this process going as immediately as possible, especially if you're worried about others finding out and being legally reprimanded. I'm sure searching the internet will give you the information you need. I don't know how your country works and as such I don't know how it regulates the internet, but if you can't look it up yourself perhaps one of your friends in the states can look it up for you (that way they're informed too and they can maybe help you along). Then they can send you some links, etc.

I still have yet to ask my friend about what you can do, but once I do I'll let you know if I learn anything.
MorganWoolf

Postby Srl89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Yes, New Zealand is the backup plan for now. If worst cones to worst I'll try to move there and manage on my own, I know of one other trans person from my country who managed to pull it off in NZ. At the moment being married has sort of tied me down. She's not gonna tell anyone I'm trans, but we're gonna divorce soon regardless. I'm gonna try and apply for asylum afterwards. And then there's the problem of my bond to my government, I have no idea how I'm gonna get out of that. When I leave, I would prefer to dp it with as few legal issues as possible. Also I would like to thank you all for the support you're giving me.
Srl89
New

Postby CeliaEriksson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi!

Just a throw in here for lots has been covered here for you. But if it were me, I would contact foreign embassies in your country and ask them for discreet advice. There are lots of safe countries in Europe too that not falling to populism in a big way, including the UK, Brexit warts and all. Sweden may be best, it is a lovely country, avoid Austria, Hungary, France and Holland if you plump for Europe as populism is growing a little bit much there. You should be able to find Embassy telephone numbers online, be discreet yourself, only speak English and do not give your details until you have a positive response, like an appointment time offered. Maybe one way to go. Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Srl89 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Thank you Celia, that's actually a good idea. I hadn't really considered calling anyone before but as you said it's much more discreet compared to showing up there in person. I'll probably do that first to get the information I need.
Srl89
New

Postby Demon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 pm

My advice is, cut a deal with your wife, you agree to divorce her if she promises to spare your life and not go public with it. A woman like that you don't want to be with anyway.

Not sure if they kill Christians where you live, but try converting to Christ so you aren't flagged as a Muslim when trying to go to another country.
my life is mostly pain
Demon

Return to Real World Support

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm