Total clothing fails (you never see it coming)

Presentation, personal style, tips, how to’s

Total clothing fails (you never see it coming)

Postby Lesley Niyori » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:43 pm

Ok, I occasionally like going out ala comfortable instead of 'ready for a date'.

Sometimes though, I guess my choices have WTF? results.

This was today's outfit. Hmm never thought it was maternity wear, to be honest.

But when someone says "Oh let me get that dear, you shouldn't be doing that in your condition", after the shock wears off, and you realize what just happened, it's hard to know if I should laugh or cry.

Yes, I want to pass as a woman, buuuuuut coooommme ooooonn.

If you are verbally mean to me, I will verbally bite you back.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com
Lesley Niyori

Re: Total clothing fails (you never see it coming)

Postby CuteButLooksPregnant » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Lesley Niyori wrote:Sometimes though, I guess my choices have WTF? results.

. . . . you realize what just happened, it's hard to know if I should laugh or cry.

Yes, I want to pass as a woman, buuuuuut coooommme ooooonn. ( italics mine )

" I callz 'em as I seez 'em ! ", or so the saying goes.

Yes, you called it as you saw it, and you called it correctly !
"My family as begged me to shame not the name of Romeo, but thy male will commit suicide, and die. I will then take thy holy name of Juliet, and be baptized anew as a cute teen girl!"

-Juliet, from Romeo&Juliet, Ep6: Wondering Son anime
CuteButLooksPregnant

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:40 am

Hi Lesley!

Yes, that does not suit at all! It's pretty horrid. I know you never wear jeans, but I wondered to ask why not? I like them with a snug fit and flares, they give a nice outline. If not, what about trouser suits or jax pants? I like that style too, I usually wear a black pair of jax type pants for golf and have a few Armanis that hug wonderfully for smart/casual, they have flares too! Anyway as usual, I'm going on about me, me, me again :roll: , sorry! But why not pants, (we call them trousers over here by the way, women's or men's pants)...? Celia xx
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Lesley Niyori » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am

CeliaEriksson wrote:Hi Lesley!

Yes, that does not suit at all! It's pretty horrid. I know you never wear jeans, but I wondered to ask why not? I like them with a snug fit and flares, they give a nice outline. If not, what about trouser suits or jax pants? I like that style too, I usually wear a black pair of jax type pants for golf and have a few Armanis that hug wonderfully for smart/casual, they have flares too! Anyway as usual, I'm going on about me, me, me again :roll: , sorry! But why not pants, (we call them trousers over here by the way, women's or men's pants)...? Celia xx

In the beginning, it was just that pants revealed the presence of 'it'. That was not an option I was indulging. I never did all of that 'tuck' nonsense. A skirt just meant you couldn't see 'it'.

Post surgery though, and I have just not felt the interest. I also like how a skirt can go from above the knee to below the knee just on how high up I wear the skirt. I like that skirts are hyper-feminine. I have a local cis female buddy that has started wearing skirts from being around me, and she has mentioned, men are suddenly more gentlemanly around her because of the skirts. It's easier to cross in traffic as skirts are visible from a distance and it seems traffic stops for females more so.

I like that a skirt doesn't have an inseam to wear and fray. I like that my hips and butt are not relevant in a skirt. I like how a skirt sways when I walk. I like them in the summer as they are cooler, and I like them in the winter because they are warmer. Yes, a winter skirt is warmer than pants. I don't have a panty line under a skirt. I like how if I am bold enough, I can just not wearing anything under the skirt at all. Really handy if you have to pee suddenly. Squat and pee. I don't suggest that in a mall :) But then a mall will have a restroom hehe.

Pants are not the enemy. But, they ain't the equal of a skirt. And for those saying, "but you can do things easier in pants. Nope, not true. I've done everything a woman might do in pants supposedly easier, and done it in a skirt just fine. Including walk casually through 2 feet of fresh snowfall. But my Sorels are likely a big part of that too.
If you attempt to chastise me for verbally biting someone who was verbally mean to me, I'll verbally bite you too. Don't be quoting me rules either.
Lesley Niyori

Postby Lesley Niyori » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:26 am

The outfit though, was me wanting 'casual' and I was not expecting to impress anyone.

I was not expecting a man to mistake me as pregnant though.

"Oh let me get that dear, you shouldn't be doing that in your condition"

An independent feminist type woman likely would have bit his head off :)

Me, I was taken off guard. Deer in the headlights. Failed to react. He got the item out of my reach. It was over. Stunned silence. He walked off.

My local buddy mentioned later that day "dang Lesley, you should have grabbed that one. Isn't that what you are looking for?"

He was probably already taken. Not that he would be interested in a pregnant woman :)
Lesley Niyori

Postby CeliaEriksson » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi Lesley!

Yes, I understand. I wear a skirt or dress out very rarely tbh, I do have several nice dresses I would love to wear if the occasion befitted them, but would do so if I was at an appropriate party or function, dating or in company of a guy. There is a freedom, I'll admit, about dresses and skirts and my legs are quite nice, it's just how one's style goes I guess. I do notice men checking my shape out...ahem ... in jeans occasionally, peripheral vision is a good thing to practise.... and that's allways nice.

To be mistaken for pregnant is different! Lap it up girl!
Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
Mary Tyler Moore.
CeliaEriksson

Postby Lucy-chan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Wearing clothes is something i take deadly serious. Dressing well is something women can take years to learn....even then, some women never get it

Were all on the back foot when it comes to clothing. There are many pitfalls. One is to dress too young...

I can tell you how to dress, were all on our own path when it comes to finding what suits.....
If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
Lucy-chan

Postby jentay1367 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:32 pm

That outfit seems to have that Amish / Mennonite thing working for it. Definitely not your best foot forward. Fashion faux pas don't suck nearly as bad if you can catch yourself before you roll out the door. :wink:

Lesley Niyori wrote:Ok, I occasionally like going out ala comfortable instead of 'ready for a date'.

Sometimes though, I guess my choices have WTF? results.

This was today's outfit. Hmm never thought it was maternity wear, to be honest.

But when someone says "Oh let me get that dear, you shouldn't be doing that in your condition", after the shock wears off, and you realize what just happened, it's hard to know if I should laugh or cry.

Yes, I want to pass as a woman, buuuuuut coooommme ooooonn.

jentay1367
Regular

Return to Style

coiae

Consonance of Identity and Expression

© 2000 - 2016 The Ultimate Paradigm